• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
After ignoring PvP for 4 months, I think I'm finally getting the hang of control. Knowing how the scoring system works helps a ton. I thought it was like a "normal" pvp game where holding the flags gets you points. I didn't realize that it's actually about getting kills and points, and that my deaths were actually hurting my team. I would normally ignore KDR and focus on getting the objectives, since that was the winning condition, but that really isn't the case at all. Who knew!

I've also discovered why people love shotguns. In close quarters, nothing better.

matmanx1

We noticed that we'd seen no IB weapons drops when we were playing yesterday. Based on that and our experience in previous IB events we theorized that the legendary weapons drops may be tied to your IB rank.

This sounds exactly right. It was after I hit Rank 4 during last IB that I got the new Perun's Fire (fusion rifle 331 atk version) and two different ships (Tiger, Tiger and Birth of History).

I´m going to run nightfall + weekly with my warlock, anyone willing to help? i´m starting right now, no mic, cause i´m remoteplaying

Psn: HunterCero

Cømet

Banned
Utter disappointment of a Direct. Only good thing was Wii games starting to be loadable directly through the Wii U homepage. IB later, get to three, get my chestplate, then call it quits for the week.

Why do people do dailies (I'm assuming mission not bounties right)? Are the rewards worth it? Hell, what are the rewards most of the time?

Haybro

I've sort of been indifferent to the whole eris rank since the expansion came out. But now that I'm sitting on a stockpile of rad energy and no shards, how maddening is the grind to eris level 4 if I'm sitting at 1 now?

PuMa

I've sort of been indifferent to the whole eris rank since the expansion came out. But now that I'm sitting on a stockpile of rad energy and no shards, how maddening is the grind to eris level 4 if I'm sitting at 1 now?

Umm, it's gonna take you a while.

ERMint13

Why do people do dailies (I'm assuming mission not bounties right)? Are the rewards worth it? Hell, what are the rewards most of the time?

I do them when they are quick missions. I'll level up gear that I may use later. I could care less about the materials but it is a good source if you spend all your marks on guns/armor consistently.

If I run them all week I can get at least 1 legendary per character on average. Not that they ever turn into anything....

Depending on the mission, dailies are easy way to get armor XP, marks, and planetary materials with a non negligible chance of legendary engram. Most dailies can be finished in 5-8 minutes when speed run correctly.

Cømet;147385316 said:
Utter disappointment of a Direct. Only good thing was Wii games starting to be loadable directly through the Wii U homepage. IB later, get to three, get my chestplate, then call it quits for the week.

You do know it's only +33 light chest piece? Basically same as you can buy from the vendors now...

This sounds exactly right. It was after I hit Rank 4 during last IB that I got the new Perun's Fire (fusion rifle 331 atk version) and two different ships (Tiger, Tiger and Birth of History).

I've spoken with a couple of people today that said they've had drops when their rank was still low, rank 1 or 2. However all of my legendary drops in previous IBs came on weekends when I was already rank 3+ and also seems to have been the case with most people I've asked. It could be that the higher your rank the greater the chance of a good drop.

Maddening. That's a good word for it. I'm rank 3 and I've lost motivation to go to 4. Same annoying bounties day after day.

Same here, I need rank 4 to trade all these energies I got. Currently at rank 3. Ranking her up slow because her bounties give you very little rep and she only has like 3 or 4 evwry day so...

Deku Tree

Just frustrated Deku. I want to be stuck at 31 because of my own merit, not because I can't hit the Powerball.

Harry-Potter.gif

If it's an easy daily you can get 3x16 planetary mats. You get Vanguard marks. You get engrams, decent chance for legendary engrams. Then you also get EXP for your gear if your trying to level up armor. Also you can add to your pile of Ascendant Mats.

Cømet

Banned
Depending on the mission, dailies are easy way to get armor XP, marks, and planetary materials with a non negligible chance of legendary engram. Most dailies can be finished in 5-8 minutes when speed run correctly.

You do know it's only +33 light chest piece? Basically same as you can buy from the vendors now...

Yeah, I want it purely for my collection. Want a full IB set. My titan's 32 anyway.

TuesdayGAF is awesome.

I had some exhausting and frustrating VoG and CE runs last week (multiple 4+ hour runs) with randoms, and it is so refreshing to play with a team who really knows what they're doing.

Shout out to ShinigamiFrost, PhantomPaincake, cloud945076, DavidBallZ, Alucrid, GraveRobberX, PrivateWHudson, Da_1_hated_tito, and LordNimon!

Y'all are rock stars.

Homeboyd

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Most of the bounties are super easy, but if you're a titan, may God have mercy on your pool little light Titan soul.

Boring, repetitive, monotonous, time consuming endeavor. You'll get the shards you need 42 times over before you hit rank 4. I'm about 1500 rep away from 4... holidays set me way back. Should be able to finally get it this week or early next. Of course, now I don't need it anymore.

Ridwald

I think you're in for a treat on this one ... every level is higher than the previous one (4000 rep to reach level 4 from 3) you're gonna wish every day you didn't skip on these ones :s

Best (and only) option you have if you want it to go fast would be to double dip every day for a couple weeks to reach level 4 ... Her bounties can go quite fast once you found the good spots (patrols/missions). If you didn't do it yet you should try to complete the story missions, omnigul and the Urn which can grant you some bonus rep.

Tawpgun

Upgrade vault space.... or.... Don't segment it. If I want to put some weapons in the armor slots let me do it.

I'd also like a smaller version of the vault in our ship. Something we can access from orbit without going to the fuckin tower every time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I got rank 4 on my titan after about a month, so...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Now I see why other people with Vex were always killing me faster than I could in crucible...gotta shift all the perks to the stability/range+acc. It's like butta now. So many kills.

Namikaze1

My IB rank is rank 1. Yeah, I didn't played IB last time it was on and the time before that I barely played.

I'm 200 points from rank 2 though. :D

Yep, I gotta get that New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition. Yessir.

I really want to download Galaxy 2 today but seems pretty lazy when the disc is right over there... next to Galaxy 1, Metroid Prime Trilogy and DKC Returns... if only they were HD ;_;

Cømet;147387317 said:
Yeah, I want it purely for my collection. Want a full IB set. My titan's 32 anyway.

Ah, that makes sense. I just hope they make a full set of 36 light IB gear so we have some aesthetic options while remaining Lv32.

Sounds like a good time to take a break from Destiny.

I kinda think I'll still be playing BB then... if DS 2 was any indication.

forrest

formerly nacire
I want a trophy room in the tower that displays all my Raid Gear that has gotten obsolete over time.

Like in Assassins Creed. Would also have me playing the Raids over and over again until I have everything.

Annnnd it would also free up my inventory.

Bungie, get working on it now - unless it´s already on the disc and you just want 20 bucks to unlock it.

david-alvarez-acu-env-villa-trophyroom.jpg

I said something similar earlier, but ships should have interiors for trophies and vault access that you can access easily from orbit. Then you could display enemies defeated, weapons, armor, etc. and not have to go to the tower for mundane equipment switches.

I said something similar earlier, but ships should have interiors for trophies and vault access that you can access easily from orbit. Then you could display enemies defeated, weapons, armor, etc. and not have to go to the tower for mundane equipment switches.

and dare i say it.....read Grimoire lore instead of going to bungie.net

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Most of the bounties are super easy, but if you're a titan, may God have mercy on your pool little light Titan soul.

Boring, repetitive, monotonous, time consuming endeavor. You'll get the shards you need 42 times over before you hit rank 4. I'm about 1500 rep away from 4... holidays set me way back. Should be able to finally get it this week or early next. Of course, now I don't need it anymore.

Yeah, it is kind of worthless. I am going to hit rank 4 this week and hit level 32 with mat conversion, but I would likely just hit it next week anyway after reset since I need so few Rad shards. Not really worth it.

Top Bottom