• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Navy Bean

Iceman829 - I'll help with w/e if I'm free. I just like shooting stuff.
32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan that needs them shards

Iceman's especially good at killing everything in the Nightfall so you don't have to do anything...

Edit: More Xbox top of page. We're taking over, our time is now...

What day and time? I won't be home until after 3 est

Casmith was on PSN but didn't respond to the invite so he's probably doing real life stuff still anyway. Just talked to Yzen and he won't be available for another 2.5+ hours also, so later is better.

I'll just be around today/tonight, whenever we can get it organized is good with me. Going to hop off now since people are available yet but will keep an eye on the thread. Like I mentioned before, it won't take any time at all as long as we don't have red bars.

edit: I lost my random top of page post mojo ;_;

Alphacentauri

Neo Member
I've seen a few posts over the past few pages from lonely Xbox One users having a hard time finding GAFers to do Crota with. Wouldn't hurt to start a list so....

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)

I'll keep updating this list and add bump it every couple pages as more names are added.

Mortalikus (32 Titan)

Is... is there a hard mode crota ship that drops that's different from the normal mode?
Yeah there was a pic in the last weekly update (not this week) and it's just the raid ship with more ridges and frills. At least it's more than a recolor like the hard VoG ship.

Rhaegar

Another Xboner over here. Feel free to add me, GT:Ev0lved1. Hoping to run hard VOG and normal CE over the next couple nights with my lvl 31 Titan, so if you see me online feel free to invite!

Navy Bean

I've seen a few posts over the past few pages from lonely Xbox One users having a hard time finding GAFers to do Crota with. Wouldn't hurt to start a list so....

- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)

I'll keep updating this list and add bump it every couple pages as more names are added.

Nice, I'm a dirty 32 Warlock x2. (dmh33)

Tapiozona

Banned
GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

Casmith was on PSN but didn't respond to the invite so he's probably doing real life stuff still anyway. Just talked to Yzen and he won't be available for another 2.5+ hours also, so later is better.

I'll just be around today/tonight, whenever we can get it organized is good with me. Going to hop off now since people are available yet but will keep an eye on the thread. Like I mentioned before, it won't take any time at all as long as we don't have red bars.

meh I will can hop on in ~1.75 hours. I will still kill crota with my reset crew if you guys are okay with waiting.

haha happy to help, it's the lifeblood of the community!

Signing back on now if anyone wants to team up with me and casmith for a quick HM Crota kill.

Fo sho. As long as we don't have red bars it will be very fast.

Any opening for killing Crota HM? Level 32 hunter PSN: Darryl_M_R, I'm on now

gdt

So I'm going to work in a bit, then coming home to sleep, then up at 5am for work again till noon. But after that I'll be free all weekend. Gonna need 2 more full HM CEs, and 2 more weeklies. Gonna be busy :p

Awesome new avatar btw. You wield that sword like a lightsaber for sure lol.

Dhruv knows that he is near and dear to my flawless heart and I mean no disrespect to him or any other sword runners when I say this, but... running the sword should take almost no skill whatsoever. Two major caveats:

(1) Must have reasonable team that can follow the strat instructions.

(2) Must not have terrible lag. Even the sword disappearing glitch isn't an issue anymore, unless it happens more than once in a given run which is possible but very unlikely.

Of course these two caveats are frequently an issue which exponentially increases the skill required for running the sword and improvising. But it should be easy to get decent teams around here and then just follow the proven 3 sword kill strats. Paint by numbers. It's honestly better to put someone on the sword who doesn't have a GH, depending on the team load outs.

meh I will can hop on in ~1.75 hours. I will still kill crota with my reset crew if you guys are okay with waiting.

Yeah, we can just check our connection bars and make sure it's gtg before we start. If things keep fucking up we won't waste more than 30-45 minutes on it.

spyder_ur

Are groups able to kill HM Crota fairly routinely here now? Haven't been around much last few days. Might try to give it a run this weekend.

Xur was kinda crappy this week - picked up the Titan and Hunter Boots which I didn't have, but they look fairly mediocre.

So I'm going to work in a bit, then coming home to sleep, then up at 5am for work again till noon. But after that I'll be free all weekend. Gonna need 2 more full HM CEs, and 2 more weeklies. Gonna be busy :p

Yeah, I'd like to get 2x full HM clears this weekend. I'll try to get my connection straightened out. I was red bar most of last night trying to take down Crota. It's weird, never had connection issues w/ Destiny until all the PSN outages.

noomi

Yeah there was a pic in the last weekly update (not this week) and it's just the raid ship with more ridges and frills. At least it's more than a recolor like the hard VoG ship.

Found it!

bane-of-dark-gods-ship.png

Ok... I'm not going to even lie, I want it. Now I have 2 more reasons to keep running crota on hard lol. Crux and Ship :p

edit: wow, can't believe the HM CE ship looks exactly like all the other raid ships... zzzzz....

I've got an ugly ass green DLC ship on my Warlock, the OG space bus on my Hunter, and the Optimus Prime space bus on my Titan. I've spent too much of my life staring at the Ass of Ass ass ship to keep using any of those basic raid models. Except the Queen's pink ship which is pretty dope.

Any opening for killing Crota HM? Level 32 hunter PSN: Darryl_M_R, I'm on now

I don't think we'll be starting for another few hours but we can definitely reserve a spot if you want to do it then... give me a second to go back through the thread and post up the team list.

Decent haul from the 3 Crota Kills

-Better roll helmet for Titan
-Shader for all 3 characters
-Word of Crota - Hand Cannon
-Fang of Ir Yut - Scout Rifle
-Graverobber Sparrow

Don't care about the tacky ship, and no idea how to get Crux yet. I can just relax doing hard mode Crota kills. Willing to help anyone who needs it now. No stress for loot or if I complete it.

My Titan has cleared all of Hard Mode but my Hunter and Warlock have only downed Crota. I would be so pumped if the two of them are able to get me the last two weapons left.

Xur was decent for me.

I bought Radiant Dance Machines and got Apotheosis Veil from the engram. Just need 3 more exotic armour pieces to complete the collection for all 3 classes! I bought 2 engrams, so I could buy more to try to get these last 2 helmets I need. Hrmmmm...

Hunter (1)
-ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)

Warlock (2)
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet)
-Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets)

Plus he finally has the Invective upgrade, so I have 22/24 of the exotic weapons, and all 22 are the 331 versions.

Nice man, nice. Hopefully you guys dont mind sherpa'ing me through HM at some point

cilonen

Is the vendor 'Up for Anything' AR any good? It's a bit academic really as I need a legendary AR and the Payback SOS looks as if it sucks - high ROF, low impact.

As long as Up for Anything isn't a total dog, I'll get it - I don't have the marks for a crucible one.

Steroyd

haha happy to help, it's the lifeblood of the community!

Signing back on now if anyone wants to team up with me and casmith for a quick HM Crota kill.

Still need to beat Crota with my Hunter and Titan, currently watching Japaneese weirdness awesome, if you're still putting a team together.

Manp

well, this game loves me lately. i wanted Saint14 so i buy a couple of engrams from Xur, first one i decrypt... Saint14

:)

I don't think we'll be starting for another few hours but we can definitely reserve a spot if you want to do it then... give me a second to go back through the thread and post up the team list.

Yea I'm still down. I just have a happy hour I'm going to around 5PM est with some friends but hopefully that won't be a problem.

blackflag

Blah I'm on I just didn't see it. I'll check when Yzen is available.

Are there any easier ways of getting ascendant materials? It's pretty slow going, even with doing a public quest every day, and doing my weekly raid. Gonna take forever to finish grinding. Am I missing an easy way of getting them?

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Question:

Does Armor still drop in Hard Mode if you have already have a Normal Mode checkpoint? I still need boots on my alt 31 Warlock and if cheesing through the first two parts would give me an extra chance I will try to do it.

Question:

Does Armor still drop in Hard Mode if you have already have a Normal Mode checkpoint? I still need boots on my alt 31 Warlock and if cheesing through the first two parts would give me an extra chance I will try to do it.

I got gauntlets from the lamps on hard yesterday.

E92 M3

Found it!

bane-of-dark-gods-ship.png

Ok... I'm not going to even lie, I want it. Now I have 2 more reasons to keep running crota on hard lol. Crux and Ship :p

It is a really cool ship, I agree. Got it on my second Crota kill. Was really jealous when Homeboyd got it initially, lol.

Killed crota HM in a destinyLFG pug after about 10-15 tries, wasn't really too bad. Didn't use titan bubbles to block boomers, middle strat and had a pro ass hunter who was invisible most of the time. On the final round one guy was snipering boomers to make sure they don't hit the sword bearer. 3 Titans definitely helped though, we had bubbles for every time we went in and out of the crystal room and for protecting us during the ogre phase. Running into the right side ogre spawn room and destroying him and then snipering the other side is far, far, far easier than trying to deal with them on the stairs.

Its ridiculous though how much of a difference it makes having enough gallahorns and not, and how critical the sword bearer is to the fight. He is the superstar of Crota HM.

Until they nerf it at this point I don't really want to do the fight again, its just a lot of crap and frankly there isn't much responsibility for anyone except the sword bearer.

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

Guitaratomik: Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon)

Iceman829

Are there any easier ways of getting ascendant materials? It's pretty slow going, even with doing a public quest every day, and doing my weekly raid. Gonna take forever to finish grinding. Am I missing an easy way of getting them?

Nightfall x3
Daily Stories x7
Public Event each day x7
Vault of Glass x3 (hard gives you double on boss sections)
Leveling up Cryptarc / Factions
Decoding Legendary Engrams
Breaking down extra legendary gear

Using only 1 character will be a slower crawl, but over time you will get plenty. The raid is important each week, even if you can only do normal.

I have 350+ of each of those materials now and I upgrade the most random worthless weapons I have dropped during nightfalls. You will be swimming in them eventually.

Has anyone tested the smart loot rolls, where if you already have raid gear, but put it in the vault, will you likely get more of that same? It would be a good way to get more shards if I can run abyss and bridge without my raid gear equipped to keep getting dupes.

Homeboyd

It is a really cool ship, I agree. Got it on my second Crota kill. Was really jealous when Homeboyd got it initially, lol.
My first clear was amazing:

Word of Crota
Ice Breaker
Ship
Shader

Followed up with the fang on the next one. Ahhhhh

jadedm17

No Land Beyond? Thanks for the giant middle finger Bungie.
"What weapon can we give xur this week? How about the worst one, one we had recently no one bought? Perfect!"

No land beyond...for real?

They're trying to push us: Either they're insanely ignorant or trying to piss us off.

zewone

No Land Beyond? Thanks for the giant middle finger Bungie.
"What weapon can we give xur this week? How about the worst one, one we had recently no one bought? Perfect!"

They're trying to push us: Either they're insanely ignorant or trying to piss us off.

It's random.

If anyone is going to be doing HM crota today I need to do it twice. Please keep me in mind ; ;. PSN is Greyblade, and I can be on around 4:15 PM est.

Namikaze1

Question:

Yep. Got gloves and boots on my Titan during my first HM run and last night I got the helmet on my Hunter .

Top Bottom