• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

ocean

Banned
Has anyone tested the smart loot rolls, where if you already have raid gear, but put it in the vault, will you likely get more of that same? It would be a good way to get more shards if I can run abyss and bridge without my raid gear equipped to keep getting dupes.

As far as I know and have observed, the "smart" loot system doesn't really determine what weapon or armor piece you'll get. All it does is increase your odds of getting some armor/weapon at a given segment of the Raid if it only gave you Energy or Shards the week before.

So let's say you do the Abyss and Bridge today and they gives you 6 Shards. Next week you have extremely high chances of getting an armor piece at those segments instead. Whether you get a new piece or a dupe is completely random however.

Manp

No Land Beyond? Thanks for the giant middle finger Bungie.
"What weapon can we give xur this week? How about the worst one, one we had recently no one bought? Perfect!"

They're trying to push us: Either they're insanely ignorant or trying to piss us off.

why do you think Xur is not selling heavy synths two days after HardCE drops?

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

SimpleCRIPPLE - 32 Titan(s)

^^ Xur isn't random. If the "Buy Our DLC!" weeks didn't convince people then I don't know what will. Maybe some elements are randomized similar to the bounties but it's still controlled by Bungie.

I think everyone watched that world record video and then all the sudden felt a need to rush through the encounter. You can do it in 4 swords (we did 2 kneels, 2 kneels, 1 kneel, 2 kneels) playing nice and easy. I've experienced more teams dying trying to do it to fast and squeeze out an extra swing when it's not really required.

Like DrDrizzay said the encounter hasn't changed, just mind the boomers a little different (take down one at a time), for the Ogres go into the towers instead of the middle, and be mindful of your gear set up this time.

Yep. No reason to rush things. For HM differences:

(1) No chalice means people have to be mindful of how they will regen their health but there's no shortage of options. Infusion perk (regen health w/ orbs) on armor, Red Death/Suros (both work well), Titan pops a bubble, Hunter using Hunger for melee or super kills, Warlock w/ Apotheosis Veil or just intentional self res before anyone goes outside (no Oversoul), etc. etc. etc. Little to no difficulty increase. Edit: also use the Blessing of Light overshield to absorb chip damage then you will still have full health when overshield wears off.

(2) Gatekeeper underneath means stand up top in front of the window/on the sides. Just make sure you are far enough back that Boomers and Crota don't aggro on you. Also means use the bottom right Tower strat for Ogres instead of the previous bottom middle strat. No difficulty increase here.

(3) Wizard spawn when killing both Tower Boomers means don't kill both Boomers. No difficulty increase.

(4) Forced to be underleveled because of terrible encounter design = don't rush it. Get 2-3 R2s per shield break, plan for 3 or 4 easy swords, same as normal mode w/ Lv31. No difficulty increase relative to Lv31 normal.

(5) Crota enrages due to health and not just enrage timer = plan your combos accordingly. 15 R2s will make him enrage, 18 will kill him (approximately). In reality the exact amount isn't critical, just make sure he's within death range for the last sword. No difficulty increase.

As far as I know and have observed, the "smart" loot system doesn't really determine what weapon or armor piece you'll get. All it does is increase your odds of getting some armor/weapon at a given segment of the Raid if it only gave you Energy or Shards the week before..

Correct.

Sullichin

Xur never selling Gjallarhorn just tells me that Bungie takes this game too seriously. It can't be a coincidence that he hasn't sold it after the first time.

Ophelion

Got my Warlock to level 26 and my Hunter is now level 23. Guess it's time to level up a Titian for the hat trick, right?

Really want to push my Warlock over the edge into that place were I'm confidant enough in her gear to get her raiding. I've never been engaged enough with a game to reach raiding status before. This is very exciting for me.

Dazzler

Got my Warlock to level 26 and my Hunter is now level 23. Guess it's time to level up a Titian for the hat trick, right?

Really want to push my Warlock over the edge into that place were I'm confidant enough in her gear to get her raiding. I've never been engaged enough with a game to reach raiding status before. This is very exciting for me.

you'll never forget your first

jadedm17

It's random.
They read the message boards, Twitter, I'll assume have basic stats like how many buy an item or dismantle it; If it's random I feel a lot of people would appreciate it not being in the pool (like it seems Gjallahorn isn't) or at least make sure it's not for sale so soon again. In a world of everyone being annoyed by so much shit in this game it seems like a small step to take.

I prefer running two characters since it's twice the weeklies but not as intense.

Anyone doing NF? I need to run it on my new Warlock that is 27 but I plan to have my 32 Hunter do everything and weaken the boss then switch to my Warlock.

I've seen a few posts over the past few pages from lonely Xbox One users having a hard time finding GAFers to do Crota with. Wouldn't hurt to start a list so....

- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)

I'll keep updating this list and add bump it every couple pages as more names are added.

Toejam2501 (2-32 Warlocks (gear swap yo) 31 Titan)

Last resort. And anyone in this thread shouldn't even need LFG. So many people are constantly requesting to group up for raids here.

And yes, majority of LFG people just want loot. They're not in it to make friends or have fun.

Well I'm not running raids for friends. I run them for challenge (which is the fun) and loot. If I make friends along the way that's awesome. If we all disband after it's over and never group again that's cool too.

I've had a lot of groups from lfg that have been great and I'm still friends with and group with from time to time. It's not possible for me to make a set schedule for raids with 3 kids. I don't know where I'm going to be or be doing at a set time. But when I do have time I can get on lfg and get rolling in minutes.

Plus, sure you will see those 32 only w/ Gjalla listings. But I'll tell you the one group I joined like that we beat Crota in 4 tries. js...

zewone

They read the message boards, Twitter, I'll assume have basic stats like how many buy an item or dismantle it; If it's random I feel a lot of people would appreciate it not being in the pool (like it seems Gjallahorn isn't) or at least make sure it's not for sale so soon again. In a world of everyone being annoyed by so much shit in this game it seems like a small step to take.

Gjallarhorn has been sold before though. Thunderlord, Universal Remote, and maybe some other guns I can't think of, have never been sold at all.

If anyone is going to be doing HM crota today I need to do it twice. Please keep me in mind ; ;. PSN is Greyblade, and I can be on around 4:15 PM est.

I will definitely help and make sure you get a kill or two if you still need it.

We just have to be a little picky about if people have red bars or not, and not rush things for the 2 sword kill. Won't take any time at all with a properly connected team (i.e. no red bars).

The new mechanic bungie added to hm Crota is that one player will always lag...

lol honestly it has been way worse lag recently, no idea why.

jadedm17

Gjallarhorn has been sold before though. Thunderlord, Universal Remote, and maybe some other guns I can't think of, have never been sold at all.
Week two it was sold, meaning it feels like it was removed from the table on purpose. No Land Beyond is labeled as the worse exotic and we've had it twice already.

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)

Mindlog

We're just a few weeks away from these weapons being outclassed by standard legendaries again. No real need to bother with them :]

It's been sold twice before for no particular reason, no?

Didn't they even hype it up on Twitter before hand that Xur was bringing the good shit. No way it's random. Maybe it's a random person selected each week that gets to pick the items and troll us haha

What: HM Crota kill 1-2x, fuck you red bars edition (edit: also we can do a fresh HM run or two, whatever, depending on who needs what)

When: ~3-3:30pm EST (does this work for people?)

Who:

1.) Dickbag MaGoo
2.) Casmith
3.) Steroyd
4.) Darryl
5.) JrMint aka Final Fantasy 4
6.) Yzen, IRawr, ___? depending on who is available when

I didn't realize until trying to make this post that we have 7+ people not even including Mattiator but this is actually a good thing since some people may need to do it sooner and some people later and we need to have alternates to account for you red bar bastards (probably be my red bar this time, I jinxed it).

FUCK man! Bought 6 helm engrams:

Mask of the Third Man
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
ATS/8 Arachnid
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light

Seriously WTF?! I don't have a hunter, already had Inmost Light, and it fucking rolled three Inmost Lights back-to-back-to-back.

FUCK YOU RAHOOL.

This happened to me too but not as bad as you. I bought six engrams and it gave me 2 Obsidian Mind, 2 Glasshouse and 2 Knucklehead Radar. I already had all of those. I just wanted Skull of Dire Ahamakara or Saint 14 helm.

Didn't they even hype it up on Twitter before hand that Xur was bringing the good shit. No way it's random. Maybe it's a random person selected each week that gets to pick the items and troll us haha

This week seems like an especially hard troll. No heavy ammo synthesis and not like it was expected or anything, but no Gjalla. No Land Beyond. There is no reason that gun should exist.

Got lucky. My level 27 Warlock just joined a friend who was at the end of Nightfall. .

Loot for cheesing:

Some shitty scout rifle

Hard Light is the only other never-been-sold I can think of, besides the Triptych of PS Exclusives (
SAID TO BE UNCRACKABLE
).

zewone

YES! Finally got Helm of Saint-14. :D
giphy.gif

Shito

Anecdotal evidence: only one friend online at the moment. It's Steroyd, and he's not playing Destiny.
Smells like a small (and understandable) fatigue there... ^^

That or PSN crapped out again and I didn't knew.

westtrade

Neo Member
Guys I need help killing Crota in HM. I will be home at 6:45 eastern.
If you have a open slot, let me know. I have the Crota checkpoint as well.
lvl 32 titan with ghorn,
psn: westtrade
Thanks.

TP-DK

I will definitely help and make sure you get a kill or two if you still need it.

We just have to be a little picky about if people have red bars or not, and not rush things for the 2 sword kill. Won't take any time at all with a properly connected team (i.e. no red bars).

lol honestly it has been way worse lag recently, no idea why.

Where can you see the player bars?

hydruxo

Decent haul from the 3 Crota Kills

-Better roll helmet for Titan
-Shader for all 3 characters
-Word of Crota - Hand Cannon
-Fang of Ir Yut - Scout Rifle
-Graverobber Sparrow

Don't care about the tacky ship, and no idea how to get Crux yet. I can just relax doing hard mode Crota kills. Willing to help anyone who needs it now. No stress for loot or if I complete it.

My Titan has cleared all of Hard Mode but my Hunter and Warlock have only downed Crota. I would be so pumped if the two of them are able to get me the last two weapons left.

Xur was decent for me.

I bought Radiant Dance Machines and got Apotheosis Veil from the engram. Just need 3 more exotic armour pieces to complete the collection for all 3 classes! I bought 2 engrams, so I could buy more to try to get these last 2 helmets I need. Hrmmmm...

Hunter (1)
-ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)

Warlock (2)
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet)
-Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets)

Plus he finally has the Invective upgrade, so I have 22/24 of the exotic weapons, and all 22 are the 331 versions.

Once I get the Fang and the Crux I'm probably done with HM Crota. Already have WoC and Abyss Defiant, plus I don't really care about the ship & sparrow since they're just reskins.

Anastasis

Thought of it too late (unless someone else though of it), but:

Destiny |OT16| Enrage, enrage against the dying of the knight

Top Bottom