• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it finally happened. I think I may have reached the point where I feel as if I'm forcing myself to play Destiny. I'm here at the Tower, wondering what the heck should I do. I got nothing.
yep, play something else!
People have solo'ed him "normally" as far back as October. Honestly it wouldn't be very "hard" to do nowadays, especially with 331 GHs. So, instead of that I'm just messing around with trying to solo him using the relic only. Odds are less than zero it will work but it's way more fun than I've had with the game itself (excluding community interactions of course) in a long time. Feels good. :)
good stuff. Best of luck in your relic endeavors!

(sorry for the quick re-post, I got bottom-of-the-paged)

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then POSSIBLY Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) stb's friend
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - both?
3) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
4) forza_aldi (PSN forza_aldi) - HM VoG
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

I need the whole VoG HM in one of my alts (lv28) if we are getting hammered, hard then I could switch to my main.

^ Thanks Hawk!

So Driz thinks he's Kabr now? Going alone against the Vex.

haha see, she gets it...

Paying more attention to the fight mechanics just keeps making me appreciate VoG even more. Ritual of Negation doesn't kill you, it drains the relic's super energy and then you die if it reaches 0. Essentially siphoning out all of the light Kabr left behind in the relic, that light is the only thing capable of sustaining life in VoG.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Kabr is the Artorias of Destiny. One badass mofo. We should fight a mad, lost-in-time version of him in a future DLC, accessed through that mysterious portal just outside the Gate Keepers door....

You're a crazy man Drizz.

That's what happens once you enrage and "retire" ;)

Accurate.

Carn82

I do newbie raids every Thursday, but we switch off between VoG and CE. I'd love to do one of each every week but there aren't enough days that end in Y. Some days I don't even play Destiny at all *gasp*

This week's is CE unfortunately which is 30 requirement. But the week after that I'll be back to VoG.

Should you not focus on dropping the relic and hitting him with Black Hammer?

What time do you run them?

Dave_6

Doesn't his start at 8:15 Central?

Updated list:

Need 1-2 more.

Oops, you're right. Gonna do VoG first? If so, going from the beginning or do you have a CP?

Though I won't be getting home from work till ~6:30 CST and then I need to grab a bite to eat.

EDIT: I see there have been a couple that want to get in. Let them have it since I'm not sure I'll have the time and don't want to hold you up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raids are Thursdays, 9pm EST.

border your buddy can have the slot. i'm trying to look into doing the signups in some more organized and reliable way than posting a list in the thread, and especially allows people without accounts more of a chance.

Does anyone have experience with any kind of webapp that allows posting of weekly events with limited slots, that people can sign up to by providing certain vital information? I'm thinking there's some very obvious solution I'm overlooking.

Namikaze1

I forgot the rules -__-

Rules:
3 laps
Must stay on course
The Guardian in last place must dismantle an exotic
Winner gets bragging rights

Bogeypop

I think it finally happened. I think I may have reached the point where I feel as if I'm forcing myself to play Destiny. I'm here at the Tower, wondering what the heck should I do. I got nothing.

The answer is always Roc Strikes.

N3eVlTD.jpg

zewone

Currently at 313 strange coins

I'm fully prepared to drop a bill on heavy synth this week.

Wait until you own every exotic but a Saint 14 like me. I'm just upgrading rare sparrows for fun.

I'm going to go nuts on heavy synth the next time they're available.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If I were to link Gaffers to Destiny characters,

Qwell would be the Cryptarch

Driz would be Kabr

Dhruv would be Zavala

Irawr would be the dead guardian on the moon in one of the story missions.

Cosmos would be Toland the mad

Forrest would be Cayde

Htolzan would be Omar

Hawkian would be Saladin

Todd would be the speaker

Rhad would be Xur

Abylim

Anyone doing the Nightfall? I just levelled my 3rd alt to 29 and want one last chance at disappointment this week :(

Hey we need the nightfall, I'm 31 and my friend is 27 lol you wanna tag a long with us?
I was going to solo pull her through anyways

Rubenov

Driz would be Kabr

Dhruv would be Zavala

Forrest would be Cayde

Htolzan would be Omar

Hawkian would be Saladin

And you?

Bogeypop

Driz would be Kabr

Dhruv would be Zavala

Forrest would be Cayde

Htolzan would be Omar

Hawkian would be Saladin

Kadey is Kadi the Postmaster who loses people's very important Raid gear that they worked hard to earn.

Namikaze1

Dammit, Bungie! Introduce some kind of speeder-bike race crucible mode with HoW! Don't even care if it goes against the Crucible lore, just fucking do it! You're making me resort to setting up some underground league, bastards!

Frostburn

Any doing CE or Crota HM tonight? I have the Crota CP on my Hunter. I'd love to do part or all of a run on my 31 SUPER UNLUCKY lock (Missing chest and helm, full clears each week since release of TDB)

I have cleared HM on my Titan and up to Crota on Hunter so I know what to do.

PSN US-Frostburn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll be the shipwright. I'll send you all to your doom.

The closest is probably Ikora. She likes going solo but I'm not a big fan of shotguns and Warlocks are bottom tier.

M3Rocket

more weapons with evolutionary "stories" would be music to my ears, as well as upgrade bounties (brilliant idea). I don't even have a Husk of the Pit yet- don't care about the Necrochasm at all, outside of collection, but if the exotic at the end were some kind of wild hand cannon, scout, fusion, or machine gun I'd be going insane doing everything in my power to work toward it.

Yeah--unlike someone on here who shall remain <sarc>Nami-less</sarc> who farmed 12 hours for the Husk, it just happened to drop twice for me just doing regular missions and bounties.

Once I got it, I went on the journey to upgrade it to the Ally. I thought it to be a fun idea eventhough the Ally turned out to be under-whelming. I'll never forget two-manning Urzok with a stranger-Guardian for the first time! We got him, but boy--what a memorable fight. And like you, I won't be farming Crota for the Crux--if it drops, awesome. If not, meh.

As for the "Weapon Bounty" mechanic, I like that you usually have a choice as to which one you did--usually one of two or three from Xander. I didn't like the mixing of PvE and PvP requirements for some of them though, but other than the Invective (still in my inventory after over two months), I managed to complete the others with some help. Maybe they should give people the option to choose a PvE or PvP path for each weapon bounty?

Agent

I feel this way every week at the end of the reset cycle. It gets to a point the only thing to do is crucible with everything completed for the week. This week was a little different with the new raid weapons to level up, but next week will be more of the same. At this point I have almost everything I want in the game (damn you Praxic fire) so there is little motivation to play except to help fellow guardians. Sunday and Monday are turning into an "off/extremely light Destiny" days for me.

I want to get into other games I haven't played in forever like GTAV (barely touched since buying PS4 version) and Battlefield 4 (haven't played since all the major patches, haven't even played the last few expansions that came out that I paid for through premium). The last few weeks Destiny have really been turning into "meh" for me, and I feel I'm way more forgiving of the games issues than most people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Grief and Timmy for the help! Sorry I couldn't cut his ankles off like I wanted to.
Speaking of which, did you get around to doing that no-cheese Nightfall? Intemember you saying a few days back you wanted to try that.
the very first one I did this week with a couple helpers. had a close call but it really wasn't all that bad. Void burn is the one that makes Phogoth legit a madness exercise.

todd360

Driz would be Kabr

Dhruv would be Zavala

Forrest would be Cayde

Htolzan would be Omar

Hawkian would be Saladin

Rhad would be Xur

I'm not sure if I should take this as a compliment or not.

Top Bottom