• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Any Crucible trains starting soon? I need 500 mark until I'm rank 3 and can buy my legendary boots and never go back to Crucible unless I want to

LTWood12

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternates:

1. berried_treasure
2. m3rocket
3. spyder_ur

i'll send out chat invites around 8:15. If someone can't make it, I'll post here around then to see if anyone else is up for it.

T-minus 4 hours until we take Crota to the #6 dance folks. It feels like the hours before a high school football game. Dave since you're a 31, you're responsible for giving the underdog story pep-talk before we take the field.

realcZk

HOT FIX: fixed an issue where the totems were sending titans in air at heights previously not seen.

just thinking about it a bit, i imagine any class could use this method to cross safely. warlocks should be able to glide down to saftey (maybe with angel of light to pause mid-air to prevent death on landing) assuming they can avoid the insta-kill death zones. hunters could probably blade-dance across as well after being launched.

and if really desperate, you could always kill the sword bearer and give the guy whos being launched the sword to air dash as well

just thinking about it a bit, i imagine any class could use this method to cross safely. warlocks should be able to glide down to saftey (maybe with angel of light to pause mid-air to prevent death on landing) assuming they can avoid the insta-kill death zones. hunters could probably blade-dance across as well after being launched.

The original poster of the video claims that the unstoppable perk prevented bane of the sword less from killing him. Dunno if true, impossible to tell from the video.

stb

Getting toward the end of the work day, and I want to get a group finalized.

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then POSSIBLY Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) stb's pal - both
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - both?
4) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

Qwell

T-minus 4 hours until we take Crota to the #6 dance folks. It feels like the hours before a high school football game. Dave since you're a 31, you're responsible for giving the underdog story pep-talk before we take the field.
pep talk better be Kurt Russell in Miracle levels of speech

seems its 4888 dmage. how many hits do you have on him there?

yeah that pic is actually me ground pounding out of the detain shield so the hit marker you see is for the detain itself. I'll try to post a little gif or something of a basic attack to get some decent damage on him per super. (edit: just thought it looked cool, haha, and showed where his health bar was at maybe 3 min into fight).

wait.... what

Kinda sorta trying to solo hm templar using only the relic for damage. I think it's hypothetically "possible" but realistically a complete pipe dream. Damage is so slow and one little mistake wipes it fast. Worst idea I've ever had but also super duper fun to fail at...

He has literally run out of things to do.

haha yep, pretty much. I looked at my collection of bounties today and just couldn't care less. I have 3 Lv32s, we'll still do the reset raids each week, and I love helping people in this community but I'm also trying to get at the heart of what attracted me to this game in the first place. Something very basic about how it feels to move through 3D space.

The original poster of the video claims that the unstoppable perk prevented bane of the sword less from killing him. Dunno if true, impossible to tell from the video.

looks to me it just wouldnt even take effect as he is off the map at that hieght. like the climbing back tower despawn cheese.

which shouldnt even be a cheese as it requires more effort than just doing it normally.

Here me out people.

Phase 1.

Crota sits atop his throne in a big arena style map. He stares at you and his eyes light with green fire, and then he slams his fist down on his throne. the team is split into 2 groups of 3. The two teams are sent to what would almost be like the end part of The Wakening quest a bit before the ogre part. The goal is to kill all the mobs and the crystal for each team before a timer goes off which would be a witch ritual they are doing to summon Crota's real body. The witches would be special Mobs with special moves aside from their poison gas and machine gun hands. There would also be two special knight mobs with different move sets, different armor/weapons to make it more special. If you don't finish before the timer then Crota gets essentially gets a power up and his real body. He would get his real body anyway if you did stop the ritual, but he just wouldn't be as tough, maybe a little more ghoulish looking like he is now.

Phase 2.

HP 100% - 75%

Everyone is summoned to his arena where he is sitting on his throne. He waves his arm forward and a flood of mobs come pouring out which you have to defeat. The only way to hurt Crota is by firing 2 large cannon type stationary objects that are manned by his minions off the bat so you have to avoid them shooting at you. These would also be placed higher up in the fighting area. Once you get the cannons you have to shoot him a few times to get him down to 75%. Easy enough, right?

Phase 3

HP 75% - 50%

At this point, Crota gets off his throne and jumps into the Arena. He starts off by only using his energy projectiles. He can also do a warlock like super that differentiates between seeking missiles and a big energy explosion. You will also have to contend with regular mobs during this fight. If you don't protect the cannons they can and will reman them and keep shooting at you. Crota wouldn't have a shield, just a lot of life, so regular shots could get him down in health.

Phase 4

HP 50% - 25%

Crota summons two swords, does a big sweeping motion, and all the mobs get blown away in a wave of green fire. Crota is basically a blade dancer at this point. He will occasionally teleport to players and can kill them if he gets a full combo off. You can stop the teleport by manning the cannons, but crota can hurl his sword at you while getting to the cannon and 1 hit KO you. Only way to get around this would be to dodge it with a roll move(a roll would be cool, right?) or a well timed jump as the blades would teleport to you and hit you. Once you get to the cannons you would have to clear a few special knight mobs that would be guarding them.

Phase 4.

HP 25% - 0%

Crota throws his 2 swords at the cannons, destroying them, and summons 1 big great sword and basically becomes a striker titan (#titanmasterrace). He can do the special sword pound that players can do that shoots energy forward and does an AoE hit as well. At this point, the fight is just 6 guardians and Crota. No mobs, no cheesy gimmick, just you all trying your best to kick his ass. One way to down him would be to get 2 striker titans to shoulder charge his knees then you could wail on his face. Would be hard to time, but would be fun to do.

I think it would be cooler than what we have now at least.

Sorry for the long post.

Lee

and if really desperate, you could always kill the sword bearer and give the guy whos being launched the sword to air dash as well

You can still cross with the sword. You need to go over the unformed bridge just before half way. It's tricky, but you can definitely still do it.

GQYFm49.jpg

Jumping from the highest skinny block on the right side, or the right-middle-spire of the left floating keep thing. Once you get to the rocks, use the sword to kind of slide up them, and then jump from the top once you get a footing. It's tricky, but once you get it you can reliably cross and solo the bridge part on normal or hard.

Been pondering Luke's comments on end game progression and making sure vendor gear doesn't erase the work done by raiders next DLC. What are some solutions you can think of to make it fair?

I bet HoW increases Light level again to max 34. Nightfall/daily go to 32.

New Vendor gear only takes you to 32 so you have to Raid to go higher. Or vendor gear goes to 33 but can only get 32 initially until dlc specific mats are acquired for 33.

Raid gear goes to 34 of course. Probably a new set of mats so people aren't able to progress to quick although not sure how this jives with the comment that they want to make the economy fair.

zewone

Been pondering Luke's comments on end game progression and making sure vendor gear doesn't erase the work done by raiders next DLC. What are some solutions you can think of to make it fair?

I bet HoW increases Light level again to max 34. Nightfall/daily go to 32.

New Vendor gear only takes you to 32 so you have to Raid to go higher. Or vendor gear goes to 33 but can only get 32 initially until dlc specific mats are acquired for 33.

Raid gear goes to 34 of course. Probably a new set of mats so people aren't able to progress to quick although not sure how this jives with the comment that they want to make the economy fair.

My take from his comments would be that vendor gear will not be more than light level 31. If they can just buy gear to get to 32 that makes the CE raid gear pointless which they said they were looking to avoid.

I'm going to guess the Normal HoW raid will start at level 32. A level 31 could get through it with some trouble, but it's possible. It will also make CE still relevant.

Unflinching, Lightweight, Field Scout, Perfect Balance and Clown Cartridge.

That's a winner.

Getting toward the end of the work day, and I want to get a group finalized.

Originally Posted by stb

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then POSSIBLY Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) stb's pal - both
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - both?
4) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
5) forza_aldi - VoG
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

I'd be up for this :). Oracles to end would be great but I'd also do a full run. forza_aldi

Manp

Congrats!

glad it happened for someone. was running a roc on winters run. a dreg dropped a purple engram, it was a heavy. got back to the tower, waited with baited breathe. and.... one way ticket.

to dissapointmentsville

Gjallarhorn thing happened a couple of weeks ago...
a couple of days before that the same thing happened: Roc strike, purple heavy engram drops... i was almost getting a stroke while decrypting it...Truth :(

Did someone summon me?

lol

I get better rewards every time I rank up the cryptarch. I just run ROC strikes to build up a stash of materials for my Titan and Warlock cause they're in dear need of them.
i'm cryptarch lvl 55 on the char i got it. 2 weeks ago was probably 49/50. not sure if that may help.
btw i'm doing the same since i'm missing materials for my warlock.

:)

Shirow

Banned
I'm kinda confused and disappointed with this game right now. Here's my story:
I bought this game and started to enjoy it quite a bit, it is quite a time sink but I believed that as you go higher in level your time playing it could actually be shortened.
So I leveled a character to 27, loved the game and started making more characters. Got my main warlock to lvl 30, got a 28 hunter now, and a 27 Titan. I love my characters! And like the game in general too. Now that I have the higher levels I can finally go to raids. I went on a raid once and I was happy. I was a hard core mmo player and found the vault of glass to be super easy, got it done with my team and followed instructions and it was a breeze.
Then I tried to get another team. And its almost downright impossible. The friends that I've made in game and real life never do raids. And in the bungie forums it seems everyone wants you to have insane experience to do anything. Its like they supposedly need godly 32's to do vog on normal or something...
I can play a game for a long time if I'm progressing in the game in some way but this... You can spend hours on this game and not actually play waiting for a raid group. This has been said before I bet but I feel like this games community and grouping system will push me out to just look for another game.

zewone

I'm kinda confused and disappointed with this game right now. Here's my story:
I bought this game and started to enjoy it quite a bit, it is quite a time sink but I believed that as you go higher in level your time playing it could actually be shortened.
So I leveled a character to 27, loved the game and started making more characters. Got my main warlock to lvl 30, got a 28 hunter now, and a 27 Titan. I love my characters! And like the game in general too. Now that I have the higher levels I can finally go to raids. I went on a raid once and I was happy. I was a hard core mmo player and found the vault of glass to be super easy, got it done with my team and followed instructions and it was a breeze.
Then I tried to get another team. And its almost downright impossible. The friends that I've made in game and real life never do raids. And in the bungie forums it seems everyone wants you to have insane experience to do anything. Its like they supposedly need godly 32's to do vog on normal or something...
I can play a game for a long time if I'm progressing in the game in some way but this... You can spend hours on this game and not actually play waiting for a raid group. This has been said before I bet but I feel like this games community and grouping system will push me out to just look for another game.

GAF groups are pretty easy to form. I would try posting here to form groups. You'll find a better pool of players with less social disorders.

Top Bottom