• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

My take from his comments would be that vendor gear will not be more than light level 31. If they can just buy gear to get to 32 that makes the CE raid gear pointless which they said they were looking to avoid.

I'm going to guess the Normal HoW raid will start at level 32. A level 31 could get through it with some trouble, but it's possible. It will also make CE still relevant.

That's a winner.

So you think Vendor gear will be exactly the same? No change at all?

Another thought is they buff CE Raid gear to Light Level 33 And have new vendor gear at max 32.

New raid starts 33 and caps at 35 enemies.

Dave_6

T-minus 4 hours until we take Crota to the #6 dance folks. It feels like the hours before a high school football game. Dave since you're a 31, you're responsible for giving the underdog story pep-talk before we take the field.

LOL! I'm actually a little nervous yet excited since it's my first HM attempt. I'm dreading the first part for sure. Had hard enough time with it the last two times through on normal. Hopefully I won't be getting one shot killed the whole time.

yxxlLb.gif

Somewhere between 6,500 and 11,000 damage (probably the former), which by my calculations would mean... it's fucking impossible, man!

realcZk

You can still cross with the sword. You need to go over the unformed bridge just before half way. It's tricky, but you can definitely still do it.

GQYFm49.jpg

Jumping from the highest skinny block on the right side, or the right-middle-spire of the left floating keep thing. Once you get to the rocks, use the sword to kind of slide up them, and then jump from the top once you get a footing. It's tricky, but once you get it you can reliably cross and solo the bridge part on normal or hard.

Thanks for the pic, I've done this successfully before on my titan and warlock, from the leftmost floating platform. If you get to the bridge at an angle, you can turn and go over the other half of the bridge without dying.

Looks like I did it a different method:

F9y1wVj.png

I just made a Warlock after having 3 hunters. It is alright. I think a Titan will be more fun to level up but I wanted to save that for last in case leveling up my Warlock burns me out. Just going to say don't go back on your word. Having 3 of the same classes is fun at first, but unnecessary. Especially with vendor items. Whatever you do stock up on items that can help that class. Instead of discarding random armor I get for other classes I kept them for when I knew I would make a new class. Hell my unborn Titan has 1 exotic helmet (got it in an engram), 33 light chest and 33 light gauntlets.

I waited until I had gear for the other two classes before starting them. So once they hit 20 they got bumped up to 28 instantly. My Hunter is level 16 and has two exotics and full legendary gear waiting.

I'm kinda confused and disappointed with this game right now. Here's my story:
I bought this game and started to enjoy it quite a bit, it is quite a time sink but I believed that as you go higher in level your time playing it could actually be shortened.
So I leveled a character to 27, loved the game and started making more characters. Got my main warlock to lvl 30, got a 28 hunter now, and a 27 Titan. I love my characters! And like the game in general too. Now that I have the higher levels I can finally go to raids. I went on a raid once and I was happy. I was a hard core mmo player and found the vault of glass to be super easy, got it done with my team and followed instructions and it was a breeze.
Then I tried to get another team. And its almost downright impossible. The friends that I've made in game and real life never do raids. And in the bungie forums it seems everyone wants you to have insane experience to do anything. Its like they supposedly need godly 32's to do vog on normal or something...
I can play a game for a long time if I'm progressing in the game in some way but this... You can spend hours on this game and not actually play waiting for a raid group. This has been said before I bet but I feel like this games community and grouping system will push me out to just look for another game.

GAF groups are pretty easy to form. I would try posting here to form groups. You'll find a better pool of players with less social disorders.

Shirow - I haven't seen you post on here looking for a group. I'd try doing that more often as people on here play a lot (A LOT), are generally very helpful, and don't have a problem taking someone that is inexperienced along as long as that person is nice and can follow some direction.

Zewone - less social disorders... eh... maybe fewer noticeable social disorders ;)

Dave_6

Getting toward the end of the work day, and I want to get a group finalized.

Ok, I'm officially in Ltwood's HM raid so I won't make it. Unless we somehow get done quick enough where I have time to jump into whichever one you're running second.

i'm cryptarch lvl 55 on the char i got it. 2 weeks ago was probably 49/50. not sure if that may help.
btw i'm doing the same since i'm missing materials for my warlock.

:)

I'm close to rank 50 I believe. I did get my ballerhorn from a legendary engram that I got from leveling him up again.

zewone

debatable
I did say less. ;)
So you think Vendor gear will be exactly the same? No change at all?

Another thought is they buff CE Raid gear to Light Level 33 And have new vendor gear at max 32.

New raid starts 33 and caps at 35 enemies.

Typically the have the vendor gear get you to one light level less than max (29 pre dlc, 31 TDB).

If the new max level is 34, then a good guess would be the vendor gear will be light level 33.

But if what Luke says it true, I'm going to stick with my original guess of level 31.

border

glowhoo-clad guardians joining to help me out in record time <3

Thank you Tito for pointing out this glorious vista I never noticed in the summoning pits

Are you still running a VoG newbie group on Thursdays? I have a non-GAF friend who's been out of the game since November but has recently come back, and would like to see at least one of the raids. I'd join him if you need more people to fill out the group.

radiant dance machines and multi tool on hunter is pretty fun

need 2 more. We'll run crota 10 times if we cant do it in that many tries we'll need to take a break.

willing to carry a 31?

have horn and have beaten it twice on other characters.. know the strats

chrome_sitar

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you still running a VoG newbie group on Thursdays? I have a non-GAF friend who's been out of the game since November but has recently come back, and would like to see at least one of the raids. I'd join him if you need more people to fill out the group.
I do newbie raids every Thursday, but we switch off between VoG and CE. I'd love to do one of each every week but there aren't enough days that end in Y. Some days I don't even play Destiny at all *gasp*

This week's is CE unfortunately which is 30 requirement. But the week after that I'll be back to VoG.
yxxlLb.gif

Somewhere between 6,500 and 11,000 damage (probably the former), which by my calculations would mean... it's fucking impossible, man!
Should you not focus on dropping the relic and hitting him with Black Hammer?

Manp

I'm close to rank 50 I believe. I did get my ballerhorn from a legendary engram that I got from leveling him up again.

my feeling is that they changed something to better reward time spent on the game. i've never gotten so much good loot like in the last 2/3 weeks and i've been playing the game daily since launch.

Shirow

Banned
Shirow - I haven't seen you post on here looking for a group. I'd try doing that more often as people on here play a lot (A LOT), are generally very helpful, and don't have a problem taking someone that is inexperienced along as long as that person is nice and can follow some direction.

Zewone - less social disorders... eh... maybe fewer noticeable social disorders ;)
Thank you I will try that next time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bout to run two weekly 30 heroics, still no mic (neighbors' dogs and mine are having a lively debate at the moment) but I've been tearing through them. pretty kitted out with Arc stuff. feel free to join if you need.

bitsurugi

Do you get a shot at it if you run it more than once on a character?

There is a rumor it can count as a husk drop, so it might be your 2nd or your 100th kill.

Ofc, this ain't confirmed at all, but i helped some newbies get their Glowhoo, so i figured i might try this theory out. Had the Eidolon on me, didn't do well as a charm.

Tomorrow is reset, let's see how is everybody doing, i doubt i can get something to drop, that basically no one has at this moment, just ain't that lucky.

Namikaze1

I think it finally happened. I think I may have reached the point where I feel as if I'm forcing myself to play Destiny. I'm here at the Tower, wondering what the heck should I do. I got nothing.

glowhoo-clad guardians joining to help me out in record time <3

*shrug* why not. Didn't have a newschool one yet, next Iron Banner I'll be glad I do :p

Thank you Tito for pointing out this glorious vista I never noticed in the summoning pits

Glad I could help in some manner lol I noticed that view after quite a few of my fireteam members committed suicide lol

Should you not focus on dropping the relic and hitting him with Black Hammer?

Drop relic & Ghorn or IB?

People have solo'ed him "normally" as far back as October. Honestly it wouldn't be very "hard" to do nowadays, especially with 331 GHs. So, instead of that I'm just messing around with trying to solo him using the relic only. Odds are less than zero it will work but it's way more fun than I've had with the game itself (excluding community interactions of course) in a long time. Feels good. :)

stb

I'd be up for this :). Oracles to end would be great but I'd also do a full run. forza_aldi

Hey! I'd be down to join the VoG HM portion. Psn captscience

Added.

Ok, I'm officially in Ltwood's HM raid so I won't make it. Unless we somehow get done quick enough where I have time to jump into whichever one you're running second.

Doesn't his start at 8:15 Central?

Updated list:

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then POSSIBLY Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) stb's friend
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - both? maybe?
3) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
4) forza_aldi (PSN forza_aldi) - HM VoG
5) captscience (PSN captscience) - HM VoG
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

Need 1-2 more.

border

I do newbie raids every Thursday, but we switch off between VoG and CE. I'd love to do one of each every week but there aren't enough days that end in Y. Some days I don't even play Destiny at all *gasp*

This week's is CE unfortunately which is 30 requirement. But the week after that I'll be back to VoG.

He's managed to hit 30 or so in just this one week of being back, and is only a few arm upgrades away from 31 as far as I can tell. If you have room for one more in your Crota's End newbie group please let me know.

Top Bottom