• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

EL CUCO

Wait until you own every exotic but a Saint 14 like me. I'm just upgrading rare sparrows for fun.

I'm going to go nuts on heavy synth the next time they're available.
Holy crap. You still don't have Saint 14?!

I've been developing a strange habbit of collecting telemetries since I keep on forgetting to use them...

I have about 120 heavy synth left over since I last made it rain on Xur. 500 more will probably take me up to the release of Comet xD

Bogeypop

You wanna do some Roc?

oeLJHOA.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ocean

Banned
Thanks Grief and Timmy for the help! Sorry I couldn't cut his ankles off like I wanted to.

the very first one I did this week with a couple helpers. had a close call but it really wasn't all that bad. Void burn is the one that makes Phogoth legit a madness exercise.
Would have thought Arc was worse with the Knights and Wizards being their usual annoying selves :p

30ish minutes until I get off, run a couple of errands, cook dinner, and then do a couple weeklies and solo Hard Lamps and prepare for reset.

Errands and cooking might turn into grabbing fast food, idk

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty funny cuz Zoba hates IB.
saladin probably does too. I bet they have similar feelings about "Twilight Gap" as a map for spirited competition at least.
Would have thought Arc was worse with the Knights and Wizards being their usual annoying selves :p
If the team is on point, you'll never face a single wizard doing it the way I like. Boomer Knights are a threat to stay on top of but what actually almost killed us was your garden variety Lightswitch Thralls. On Void, Phogoth can two shot you essentially so tiny little spacing issues can cause a wipe out of nowhere. Still definitely doable especially with a well-fed Defender, but rough as hell.

M3Rocket

Added.

Doesn't his start at 8:15 Central?

Updated list:

Need 1-2 more.

I'm the 2nd alt on LtWood's CE Hard starting at this same time. But if they're full, I need the Atheon HM kill on my Titan. I have the Gorgon Hard CP that I can transfer.

NVM--I won't be home for the 6:30 CST start for Atheon.

EL CUCO

I don't have Hunger of Crota. I don't have a GHorn. So I don't have to buy heavy synth from Xur. Feels good.
You should stock up on some either way. Tonight or tomorrow might be the day!
Any one wanna do some roc strikes? I need some plasteel platings for my new titan. Screw these class item upgrades, man.
Remember that armour engrams decrypt into whatever class it is you're using when decrypting at Rahool. So if you get some engrams with your Warlock or Hunter, transfer them to your Titan. Plasteen was a bitch for me to collect. Bad Juju bounty helped with not making seem so tedious...
its still tedious

timmy

Thanks Grief and Timmy for the help! Sorry I couldn't cut his ankles off like I wanted to.

the very first one I did this week with a couple helpers. had a close call but it really wasn't all that bad. Void burn is the one that makes Phogoth legit a madness exercise.
No problem, wish I could have helped more. Thanks for the shot at some much-needed coins!

Hiko

Banned
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

I don't think there was any problem with vendor gear being level 31. That was actually one of the few good things in the DLC. It allowed previous level 29 players like me to finally run the VoG on hard.

At this point I actually think ass mats are a barrier to upgrades as well. Before I used to be swimming in them from running VoG every week and not getting what I wanted. I don't run VoG anymore so I'm actually pretty limited in ass mats. It occurred to me that it is now much easier to upgrade exotic gear than legendary. I only need a single exotic shard to upgrade, which is easy to acquire. Compared to 24 ass mats...

And finally, please don't make legendary weapons obsolete again. Give us a way to upgrade their attack just like exotics. Keep the old weapons in the loot table instead of trashing them with each DLC. There's lots of good stuff we had pre-DLC, and I'm not just talking about raid weapons. My Vanquisher VIII is begging for an upgrade.

Dammit, Bungie! Introduce some kind of speeder-bike race crucible mode with HoW! Don't even care if it goes against the Crucible lore, just fucking do it! You're making me resort to setting up some underground league, bastards!
Or just 6 man patrol teams so we can have a real race! :)

SkylineRKR

Did Crota on Heroic and we placed a guy under the boomers in the tower, and they kept shooting into the ground. This trick seems to work well?

Top Bottom