• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Stillmatic

wtf2l0zh8.gif

That's some bullshit, Bungie.

LiK

Done with Crota HM, don't need any other gear from it, gonna go back to Normal to relax. These glitches are insufferable. Gonna make a compilation video soon for you guys of all the glitches I've seen,

Hardmode Abyss legit is a serious pain in the ass.

Yeah, just called it a night. Just too burnt out to keep dealing with that crap. After I get the remaining drops (Crux, pulse rifle, scout rife, sparrow), I'll stick to normal since I've already earned my keep in killing Crota on Hard last week.

Is that what people are calling me around here now? :p

Also, Episode 1 of Toasty Fails:

KRlMBY.gif

haha nah. Lik, Everyday math were just expressing their encounters with the bugs, glitches that plague Crota's End HM. Then you posted. Well we both share very similar thoughts and are vocal about those bugs and glitches in Crota's End HM.

What was their philosophy prior to patching it? I remember everyone complaining how buggy it was if you didn't stand still against the wall, or if you jumped to high and he randomly teleported. I would guess that there was a small zone that was outside of the map (like the back of the swordbearer room at the bridge was) that took you off of the teleport radar. We were accidentally cheesing it.

Sorry for the super late reply. I posted that right before leaving work. In case you do catch this, here's Raid designer Luke Smith explaining the change to Atheon teleporting the farthest three in an interview:

Luke Smith said:
Our goal was to have an encounter where each player in your raid needed to be able to do each job from the entire raid. So, to allow players to have some freedom over choosing or selecting who's going to do what job, while that's strategically interesting, and it's led to a bunch of really cool strategies, it actually doesn't align with the goal for the encounter.

Now here's Bungie's Director of Production one month before Destiny released in a Eurogamer interview talking about the raid:

Jonty Barnes said:
It's about the group dynamic. It's not just about a casual dynamic. It's about an understanding of people committed to playing the roles in raids. And preparing. With raids, you don't just jump into them. You've got to prepare before you go in, and decide, what are you doing? What am I doing? Let's all talk about it in orbit. Okay, what role are you going to play? Well, I'm an x Titan, whatever type of Titan I am, and I'm going to be defensive and hold positions. And, have you played this before? Yeah, I found success when I did it this way.

Top Bottom