• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Ophelion

I did the Omnigul strike for the first time ever last night...what the fuck, you guys? I just barely carried my strike team through that like half a dozen times. And always by running away like a great big chicken until I could loop the hate train of Hive trying to eat my face around behind me long enough to rez my partners. Really wish I'd brought and Auto Rifle for that one.

Hell, I wish I could've brought a flamethrower. Why don't we have flamethrowers? Can someone get the Vanguard armory working on a flamethrower, please?

The hardest enemy of the hard mode crota raid is lag.

You can do everything perfectly, but a bit of lag and the sword carrier is no longer able to be effective.

I found that as the sword carrier, starting the actual encounter (bringing everyone in from orbit) seems to have a positive outcome on the lag/delay. Either that or just a placebo effect :/
I've been saying this and no one ever wants to do it. It can effect shield breaks negatively but at least he won't stand up quicker from kneels. His shield going down and him getting up are tied to the sword carrier's screen.

Navy Bean

Of course... and remember 3x Hypehorn :D if anybody have another Rocket Launcher it is better to shot more times until see he down.

Even if you have one guy working on boomers you will have 4 guys shooting rockets at Crota.

And for the last takedown once he enrages just unleash hell and empty your rocket clip lol. Nothing worse than wiping when Crota is 1 or 2 hits from dying.

Make the sword carrier to be the fireteam leader... so he will be the host (no lag for him).
This is not enough. The game will still pick a host that has the best connection. Dhruv was fireteam leader when we all went down yet he was the only one in the red. That means he was not host.

Darryl I'd be down for a full normal Crota, need it on my Titan. We are just finishing up our last Atheon run. I'll be around for another couple hours, so whenever you get a group invite me. PSN: MiniMe637

PuMa

We were lucky last night in that we didn't really see any of these stupid Crota glitches, just small individual mistakes here and there that caused us to wipe. Everything literally needs to be perfect for that fight.

R0ckman

I am trying to figure out what our problem was last night. Was it 'cause Wrath was a 31? Was our strategy not sound? Was it everyone's weapon selection?

The lamp section is tough, there is no doubt about it, but I didn't have anywhere near that kind of issue last week with a different group. We had players die, of course, but never just wipe after wipe.

Nah, I'm not talking about our group negatively. After we called it a night, I tried to find a group that was at Crota, but everything was filling up almost immediately.

EDIT: Our strategy was fine, the orgres just don't have their beams interrupt when they get hit.

Deku Tree

Most of thing things I still want and don't have are easier obtained or only obtained from normal crota

Hunger of crota
Titan boots
Hunter chest piece

Titan Helm
Hunter helm with infusion

Nechro

Don't really ever think I am going to need to have a huge stack of radiant mats. I think once HoW drops radiant mats will be worthless outside of CE raid gear.

PSN Frost-Fiend

I've never beaten Crota or any Raid. My skills in FPS are Average to good at best. Send a invite if you don't mind me tagging along.

Dear Bungie,

Hi. Long time fan.

Please rotate the elemental damage in the Vanguard armory.

Thanks,

squidhands

P.S. Can't wait for House of Wolves!

noomi

I've been saying this and no one ever wants to do it. It can effect shield breaks negatively but at least he won't stand up quicker from kneels. His shield going down and him getting up are tied to the sword carrier's screen.

We have done this everytime since last week and it seems to help.

This is not enough. The game will still pick a host that has the best connection. Dhruv was fireteam leader when we all went down yet he was the only one in the red. That means he was not host.

Maybe the best way to do it is.... sword carrier loads up check point alone, this way he is automatically picked as host, and then the rest of the team joins on him.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks RNG!, I Guess!
ZWppXhU.jpg

6th Vex, 2ng Horn!
Might Shard Horn =D

Omni

#forevernogjallarhorn.

Pretty much. Bleh.

I do three nightfalls a week. I run Gorgon and Crota chests/Deathsinger on three characters. I do at least two hard VoG runs a week and since it came out I've been doing Crota 3 times a week... And still it eludes me.

noomi

Thanks RNG!, I Guess!
ZWppXhU.jpg

6th Vex, 2ng Horn!
Might Shard Horn =D

Hah! This was exactly the same loot I had a few weeks ago, was my first horn too!

yesterday I received two vex mythoclasts back to back from killing Atheon. Sharded both :( I think those were vex #10 & 11

ethomaz

Banned
Pretty much. Bleh.

I do three nightfalls a week. I run Gorgon and Crota chests/Deathsinger on three characters. I do at least two hard VoG runs a week and since it came out I've been doing Crota 3 times a week... And still it eludes me.
I guess I got it from Crucible but I don't remember well.

SkylineRKR

If he drops that on me again I enrage myself. Vex and Horn are my number 1 and 2 (9 and 4 times). I even went Normal at some point because I STILL don't have VoC, lol.

#forevernovoc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anyone have experience with any kind of webapp that allows posting of weekly events with limited slots, that people can sign up to by providing certain vital information? I'm thinking there's some very obvious solution I'm overlooking.
Anybody? I know there's gotta be something...

Dave_6

Thanks to all the fellow GAFers that helped me out last night with the weekly stuff! stb and his brother in law, Squall, Dazzler and Qwell. Much appreciated guys!

Not sure if I want to play tonight, but if I do I'd like to do a HM VoG or a normal CE.

No question, Crota is a cheating, glitchy bastard. Especially when enraged...
I ran sword a few times last week. Everytime I manage to wack him 16xR2 or he is about dead, he
A) had the tinest bit of health regain his shields
B) gets up right away and kills me
C) have no health but still be alive
D) final sword would disappear

Frankly I give up running sword for HM. I am just curse with it

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Pretty much. Bleh.

You are not alone. I have every exotic in the game except Ghorn :lol

I don't even care anymore since I mainly play with Gaffers.

Dazzler

Thanks to all the fellow GAFers that helped me out last night with the weekly stuff! stb and his brother in law, Squall, Dazzler and Qwell. Much appreciated guys!

Not sure if I want to play tonight, but if I do I'd like to do a HM VoG or a normal CE.

Hey if you see me online tonight invite me to either of those if you need a body. I'll be out playing soccer until about 9pm PST unfortunately, tho

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You are not alone. I have every exotic in the game except Ghorn :lol

I don't even care anymore since I mainly play with Gaffers.

No ghorn club, *high five*.

While I really want it, I honestly don't care that I don't have it since everyone else I play with has it (and it's not really NECESSARY for anything).

Navy Bean

I ran sword a few times last week. Everytime I manage to wack him 16xR2 or he is about dead, he
A) had the tinest bit of health regain his shields
B) gets up right away and kills me
C) have no health but still be alive
D) final sword would disappear

Frankly I give up running sword for HM. I am just curse with it

First time I ran the sword on normal (as a Warlock). I jump back to the rock after the first round of hits and Crota chases after me, jumps down off the platform, and smashes me to bits.

He was like, "get this noob Warlock out of my face." I gave up running the sword...

jaaz

Too bad you can't turn off the background music. I'd love to be able to listen to other things in the background while patrolling without having to shut off the sound effects.

Are you sure about this? The blog entry makes it sound like this will replace only the background music of the game.

Top Bottom