• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

E92 M3

I will definitely check this out after work today, seems like an interesting combo. With the 3rd scope being the furthest range, how is it dealing with targets that are up close.

Part of the reason I use the 2nd scope is due to it's lowest zoom, and murdering close targets :D

I love the reticule on the 3rd scope so I use it for everything very comfortably - up close and far.

I wonder if Bungie will reduce the difficulty of HM somehow if they are getting bad player analytics numbers. They removed yellow bars from missions on the moon before...

As much as I banged my head against the wall on day 1. I don't want Bungie nerfing the difficulty. I like that there is a super hard encounter for people to counter. Crota on hard mode is actually hard for people going in without plans and thankfully there are no glitches to cheese it yet. They need to fix all of the glitches and the battle will be a perfect challenge.

I'll join you PSN bitofadrizzle

Sent you a FR.

I'm definitely down but I can't seem to log in, keep getting Cattle errors over and over. Am I the only one? There were some recent posts on Bungie.net help forums.

Weird, I had no issues. Sometimes I find it helps to run the "test internet connection" thing in the PSN network settings. I might be crazy though.

Mind if I quickly get gorgon checkpoint? I would do Atheon as well, but it depends on what tommy' response is as Crota normal is my priority..

Yeah you can come grab the CP. PSN: MiniMe637, it's open.

gdt

As much as I banged my head against the wall on day 1. I don't want Bungie nerfing the difficulty. I like that there is a super hard encounter for people to counter. Crota on hard mode is actually hard for people going in without plans and thankfully there are no glitches to cheese it yet. They need to fix all of the glitches and the battle will be a perfect challenge.

This is where I'm at. Fix the glitches and it will be perfect. Hard as hell but satisfying when he goes down.

LTWood12

I don't get how that strat is supposed to be "easier" than normal window one, it just seems more likely to result in a smack down like you said.

We just needed to cut the dead weight *cough cough* then TeamFirstTry will re-emerge.

I'm definitely down but I can't seem to log in, keep getting Cattle errors over and over. Am I the only one? There were some recent posts on Bungie.net help forums.

Three advantages are:
1. Easy to understand
2. Easier to get Swordbearer down in the time window you want.
3. The team spends most of the time in 'safer' spots on the map.

But all this is negated by Crota getting pissed off and wrecking everyone on the stairs.

timmy

Mind if I quickly get gorgon checkpoint? I would do Atheon as well, but it depends on what tommy' response is as Crota normal is my priority..

Timmy, I was going to solo it, but you're welcome to come and help me. Do we need to do it now? Or would you mind doing it later on today?

Edit: im on ps4 btw
I can't do it quite yet, I just got hung up on a phone call. When were you thinking you wanted it?

Homeboyd

Has everyone given up on HM crota outside of established groups?
We've done it a couple times with some new guys we've never played, some 31's, and some guys that have never even attempted HM at all before, but yeah, there is an immediate noticeable difference.

The biggest issue I see with guys you don't know (or who haven't done it a lot) is them not having heavy ammo and/or not wanting to buy/use synths. Trusting everyone to do their part is key which is difficult playing with people you don't know.

That being said, people have 2-manned Crota, so it shouldn't make a huge difference... but it seems to for us. The fight has gotten MUCH easier now that we have strategies... it's usually only glitches that end runs for us at this point.

I really hate HM Crota; I have all the HM weapons except the fang and if I don't get it on this next Crota kill I won't get it until the next DLC when the level cap goes up. The Crux I couldn't care less about. Seriously, fuck you Crota you glitchy bastard.

no, but outside a few established sword runners its becomming increasingly difficult to clear it. we need to join hawkians sword school so the rest of us can help pick up the slack. ive only ever cleared it with driz or hawk as the sword runner.

E92 M3

LFG is still buzzing strongly.

We've done it a couple times with some new guys we've never played, some 31's, and some guys that have never even attempted HM at all before, but yeah, there is an immediate noticeable difference.

The biggest issue I see with guys you don't know (or who haven't done it a lot) is them not having heavy ammo and/or not wanting to buy/use synths. Trusting everyone to do their part is key which is difficult playing with people you don't know.

That being said, people have 2-manned Crota, so it shouldn't make a huge difference... but it seems to for us. The fight has gotten MUCH easier now that we have strategies... it's usually only glitches that end runs for us at this point.

Indeed, people not pulling their weight is a big problem for newly formed groups. Sometimes 31s can get carried through but it's not fun. It's important for people to do their part. People want the loot, but with hard Crota we actually have to work for it.

I really hate HM Crota; I have all the HM weapons except the fang and if I don't get it on this next Crota kill I won't get it until the next DLC when the level cap goes up. The Crux I couldn't care less about. Seriously, fuck you Crota you glitchy bastard.

Strangely enough, I get a Fang on every kill lol.

lt519

I think I hit my max last night with this game for now. I need a break. I'll stick around for the salvage trophy and then see you all at HoW. The frustration of the raid is too much when it's an easy concept and you just can't get a team to execute it because the enemies are just overpowering and overwhelming. We beat it twice the first week no problem but with some of our team missing it got sloppy, uncoordinated, and resulted in cheese which is no fun.

same here, as soon as I got the fang im pretty much done. however id imagine that by next week it will be easy and more groups will be able to clear no problem.

WipedOut

I love the reticule on the 3rd scope so I use it for everything very comfortably - up close and far.

It's all about the sword guy though, if you don't have one that is on point and is a hunter you're not going to have a great time.

BTW, Thanks Lima, awesome running with you again last night, we have two great sword guys we can run with now.

no, but outside a few established sword runners its becomming increasingly difficult to clear it. we need to join hawkians sword school so the rest of us can help pick up the slack. ive only ever cleared it with driz or hawk as the sword runner.

I can run the sword, I just dislike the pressure @_@.

E92 M3

It's all about the sword guy though, if you don't have one that is on point and is a hunter you're not going to have a great time.

BTW, Thanks Lima, awesome running with you again last night, we have two great sword guys we can run with now.

I think all roles are important for the encounter at the end of the day. That said, in my group we are covered for swords lol.

I think I hit my max last night with this game for now. I need a break. I'll stick around for the salvage trophy and then see you all at HoW. The frustration of the raid is too much when it's an easy concept and you just can't get a team to execute it because the enemies are just overpowering and overwhelming. We beat it twice the first week no problem but with some of our team missing it got sloppy, uncoordinated, and resulted in cheese which is no fun.

The execution does need to be close to perfect - felt like an insurmountable brick wall in the beginning. If you're on PS4 there a ton of people here that play or if you're on the bone, I'm always willing to help.

lt519

The execution does need to be close to perfect - felt like an insurmountable brick wall in the beginning. If you're on PS4 there a ton of people here that play or if you're on the bone, I'm always willing to help.

Yeah, I've beaten it a couple times already, once with my clan and 2 Gaffers and then once with GAF. Neither run took more than 3 hours total. It just became not fun last night all the sudden, we spent 2 hours at the bridge, it was like a light switch turning off.

Midas

Yeah, I've beaten it a couple times already, once with my clan and 2 Gaffers and then once with GAF. Neither run took more than 3 hours total. It just became not fun last night all the sudden, we spent 2 hours at the bridge, it was like a light switch turning off.

Bridge is easy. Just get at least two people over. One titan. When two or three are over, people left on the other side just wipes and then the guys on the other side will kill the ogres, protected by the bubble.

Bridge is easy. Just get at least two people over. One titan. When two or three are over, people left on the other side just wipes and then the guys on the other side will kill the ogres, protected by the bubble.

Warlocks on first side can self-res and snipe too.

Warlocks or ppl that can climb the building can still do the whole respawn and snipe deal too.

lt519

Yeah our first two raids we did it on the first try. It's not hard, and shouldn't be hard, but we couldn't get a team to execute last night.

The social aspect of Destiny is what has kept me playing, I love playing with random GAF. I don't want to become selective with who I play with, but it's what this raid requires, and unfortunately all the other content has become stale.

Warlocks or ppl that can climb the building can still do the whole respawn and snipe deal too.

This is what I don't want. I want to play the game, not sit around while people cheese or snipe from a distance. We tried to do it legit and it just got frustrating. We run no cheese and pay for it.

I can run the sword, I just dislike the pressure @_@.

well, you are the greyblade!

the window strat is easy and actually easier than the established normal left strategy. as long as no one goes meandering off to the left or right to draw the swordbearers attention away from the middle.
and crota doesnt behave like an asshole
which seems to be the biggest problem

Top Bottom