• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Mindlog

What's your strat for taking down the swordbearer when doing the ledge strategy on Crota hm?
1. Heavy Ammo spawn spam during the crystal phase.
2. Gjallarhorn.
3. Everything.

Do 90% of the damage while well outside of Boomer/Crota range. Drop down and cross your fingers the team can finish him off. Firing while down there can draw Boomer and Crota aggro so when it's possible you want your team to kill him. If you have to shoot the Swordbear while down there then call for rockets as soon as you get near the rocks. Don't wait for cloak or anything or Crota may cut you down.

An armor piercing sniper rifle is also very helpful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
woohoo! gotta love that newbie clear! Great work everyone, you had it completely down to a science those last two runs.

so.... on Normal, send a Titan or two up with the Swordbearer to make orbs... a one sword kill should be totally possible, no?

LordofPwn

Nerd, CFO it's all the same thing.
Bold solves the mystery of where I would occasionally lose damage. Thank you for that.
The number I have for super is - 18001.
Supposedly 16 R2 + 1 Super is enough.
"Crota has more than 260117 health (17 smashes) but less than 262817 (16 smashes, 1 super)."
Source.
I can confirm 16 smashes and 1 super is all that is required to kill.
216,914 can get enrage. 13 smash +1 super.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Really, Word of Crota? You give me one whole round back after three critical hits? WOOOW THANKS

What a crappy perk. I miss the days when raid weapons were clearly better than their other legendary counterparts.

Quick Question, can people see text chat messages on a party on ps4? I feel pretty bad for not having a mic lol

No reason to feel bad, lots of people don't have or use mics.

Sending PSN messages works just fine, I know Kadey does this a lot. The important thing is just being able to hear voice comms (even that doesn't matter if everyone knows the strat really well).

And done. Thanks Driz. All groups should have at least one Titan.

haha Titans for life. Always a good time! Would have been TeamFirstTry except for my completely unnecessary R1 at the end of the second sword... smh.

jadedm17

Really, Word of Crota? You give me one whole round back after three critical hits? WOOOW THANKS

What a crappy perk. I miss the days When raid weapons were clearly better than their other legendary counterparts.
A 331 void hand cannon that gives 4 extra bullets a mag if you hit precision shots?
I'll take it if you're not gonna appreciate it.

Rehsa

Thanks for the help Drizz! Great job on the sword. GG Kadey Xplicit Baby & Pigeon thanks for the run. Didn't even see I got a NLB (shard)

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
A 331 void hand cannon that gives 4 extra bullets a mag if you hit precision shots?

It's not bad. But for a raid weapon that sometimes drops from the hardest boss in the game I expect at least Fatebringer levels of usefulness/awesomeness.

SnakeEyes

Banned

What a crappy perk. I miss the days when raid weapons were clearly better than their other legendary counterparts.
Out of the 8 Raid weapons it's certainly not the best, but it's by no means terrible.

Homeboyd

And done. Thanks Driz. All groups should have at least one Titan.
Watched your stream. GG. Those boomers a couple of times ignored your bubble.. I thought that was a wipe for sure! Then they started shooting the barricade and I thought splash damage might get you.

I'm usually on boomer duty (and only roll titan), but just constantly stun lock the closest boomer to the sword guy and usually ignore the other one. Don't ever have to worry about supers. May try this method sometime though too.

GG kadey and co.

WipedOut

It still doesn't hold a candle to fatebringer. Mine is almost fully leveled up and I'm really disappointed in it, It will do great in void burns however.

Rehsa

Still no primary other than the Fang from last week. Second helm and second arms and a bunch of shards, my Warlock needs them anyway :)

I've altered up my combo for getting crota.

I can do the R1+R1+R2+R2+R2 combo which gets his health down to about 55% in one sword that extra damage gives me a margin for error which takes a significant chuck of stress out of the fight.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When you are a swordbearer, don't forget your sword.

upload_convert.gif

For a couple months I've had problems with being booted to the start up screen on Xbox One (code:weasel). Lately it's been worse than ever, especially during raids. Like 2 or times during a raid.

Is anyone having these problems? The last time Bungie updated anything on that code was November 13th. I'm starting to get pretty fed up with their servers. The last 2 raids I've done I was kicked right before the end and missed out all the drops.

"Crota has more than 260117 health (17 smashes) but less than 262817 (16 smashes, 1 super).".[/URL]

I can confirm 16 smashes and 1 super is all that is required to kill.
216,914 can get enrage. 13 smash +1 super.

Nice to narrow his health down another ~900 points. That 2.7k range probably seems unlikely to make any difference in reducing the # of hits/vulnerability time for a kill. I'll have to check the video of that 2 sword enrage scrubbery I just pulled to see the exact damage. I really think I just miscounted though... durr numbers are hard.

It might be interesting to play around with the numbers to ensure no enrage after 4 but dead after 5th combo. It would still be safe because that 5th combo could get messed up and you'd just do the 6th shield break like normal.

Assuming for now his health is ~262817, you would need less than 217k after 4 and then more than 46k on the 5th. Having a super ready for the 5th break would make it easier to get 3R2s + super w/ animation cancel but there might be a better way....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's why I usually go warlock first at reset because I know my team is good enough for me to use it. People tend to use their best first and save their worst for last. I do the opposite.

LiK

That's why I usually go warlock first at reset because I know my team is good enough for me to use it. People tend to use their best first and save their worst for last. I do the opposite.

I think the many hours of CE HM has made me an expert with both my alts. I can freely switch between them now and do well. Just depends on the glitches and lag.

I can do the R1+R1+R2+R2+R2 combo which gets his health down to about 55% in one sword that extra damage gives me a margin for error which takes a significant chuck of stress out of the fight.

Yeah that combo is 57605 * 2 = 115210 or ~44% of his health.

Pushing for a 4 shield break kill is probably asking for trouble but obviously can be done with an animation cancel super. No reason to risk it though unless it's just for fun. It's not that hard to get 3 breaks / sword if people really want to push for the 2 sword kill.

The only other meaningful improvement would just be that formula to avoid enrage after 4 and kill on 5...

Ryck

Hmmm word is the only weapon I wanted out of HM and it's the only one I didn't get. Seem like it's getting a lot of criticism though. I wish all the bad press would make me want it less but alas. -_-

I've altered up my combo for getting crota.

2x(R1+R1+R2) + R2 does even more damage if the team wants to avoid Ogres altogether. You just have to manage his Enrage with tripple attempt on second sword which is a bit tricky.

Idea: Honestly I'd rather do 3 shield breaks on the first sword and then 2 shield breaks on sword #2 to go for 2 sword kill. Wouldn't have to worry about hitting enrage on combo #4 so you could push every combo as hard as possible.

-Easiest to get 3 breaks on first sword since sword bearer is usually back closer to Crota. You have 30 seconds of sword time from the moment you pick it up, doesn't matter how long it was sitting on the ground (as long as it doesn't disappear... )

-Hunter could use super + crouch + blink strike for each invis. Not sure exactly how those invis cool downs work with each other.

-Impossible to hit enrage after first sword, doesn't matter whether or not you hit it after combo #4 since you'll have to do #5.

-Down time after first sword to do math....

-Can always slow the roll and play for ogres + 3rd sword if damage falls behind on combo 4.

edit: apropos timing....

2x(R1+R1+R2) + R2 does even more damage if the team wants to avoid Ogres altogether. You just have to manage his Enrage with tripple attempt on second sword which is a bit tricky.

Bro, please give me your sleep schedule. I'm curious.

Not sure if "schedule" is the right word for it.... :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think the many hours of CE HM has made me an expert with both my alts. I can freely switch between them now and do well. Just depends on the glitches and lag.

It's a team effort. You can do well but something can be missing from your team that would impede progress. In my opinion, There should always be a hunter for sword duty and a Titan for knight duty. The last four can freely be whatever and be distributed between DPS and help taking down the swordbearer.

Most of us on GAF are good enough to do everything but once in a while there is a team that doesn't gel together and you can clearly see which parts needs fixing.

When you are a swordbearer, don't forget your sword.

upload_convert.gif

Hahahaha that was funny.

Thanks for the run all. My primaries were full but ended up with the Abyss at the postmaster! Also got the new sparrow that's exactly the same as everyone stated.

That leaves me with wanting the Crux (and ship I guess) . I knew it'd be last. My Husk isn't upgraded yet wonder if that matters? Probably not.

LiK

It's a team effort. You can do well but something can be missing from your team that would impede progress. In my opinion, There should always be a hunter for sword duty and a Titan for knight duty. The last four can freely be whatever and be distributed between DPS and help taking down the swordbearer.

Most of us on GAF are good enough to do everything but once in a while there is a team that doesn't gel together and you can clearly see which parts needs fixing.

I still don't understand why people prefer Hunters for sword. They have the worst jumps for Crota area.

Top Bottom