• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

edit: full now

Hmmm, maybe I should head to Walmart on my break, the one close by is open 24 hours I think. I'll tell my wife that her new couch will have to wait until next month.

You wouldn't have had time to get to your car before he was dead. Normal mode is hilariously easy. Two sword kills without remotely trying, barely paying attention. We were talking about other stuff 90% of the time, except for me to say "rockets"....

You wouldn't have had time to get to your car before he was dead. Normal mode is hilariously easy. Two sword kills without remotely trying, barely paying attention. We were talking about other stuff 90% of the time, except for me to say "rockets"....

Ha, I was joking, but only sorta. I need to get a Vita to play my huge PS+ backlog.

Mindlog

Another Hard Clear. My last opportunity.
Crux achieved. Second Word of Crota.
Now we wait. For the buff.

It's a dumb risk, but getting really aggressive with the distraction titan bubble is more fun than sniping. Easy to Horn from as well. Anything to spice up DPS duty. Thanks to everyone that was there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Watching 2 streams.

Hawkian with the CE Raid newbies. Had a couple of good runs, but not quite there.

Kadey and company dealing with bullshit Crota kills on Swordbearer.

Both teams doing Heavy Ammo drop glitch right now. XD
Our DPS on Crota is basically: someday with Truth in her bubble... and no synths or glimmer XD I may try shooting a rocket at him myself, I'm just not used to it.

Weird feeling though, because when we get the kill, there's.... zero chance we wind up seeing ogres. I'm going to be churning out newbies who never get to that part of the fight >_< But at least at Sword School we do the full HM strategy, and typically get there due to 31s on the sword.

LOL, wasn't too bad overall. I use the Hard Light now, which is better? BTW, that was the first exotic or legendary weapon drop I've ever gotten from NF!

Congrats man! Feels so good when you finally get something good from RNGesus. The guy we played with gets good loot from everything even though he plays the least out of any of us. Got all the vault of glass and Crota's raid pieces in his first couple runs

Cornbread78

Congrats man! Feels so good when you finally get something good from RNGesus. The guy we played with gets good loot from everything even though he plays the least out of any of us. Got all the vault of glass and Crota's raid pieces in his first couple runs

Lucky, lucky, lucky!

Now I have to choose between Suros and Hardlight... which is better?

Destiny Reddit is funny some times...

Game Informer: Top 11 Things We See on the Destiny Subreddit Every Day.

vT7ssYo.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
Lucky, lucky, lucky!

Now I have to choose between Suros and Hardlight... which is better?
Suros, hands down. It's a beast in both PvP and PvE and exceptionally handy for use in the final battle with Crota during the Hard version of the Crota's End Raid, where there's no Chalice to regenerate your health.

kidko

weird. I just loaded into cosmodrome patrol and it's like i don't have the traveler's light.

I have no grenade, no double jump, no supers, and no special melee. None of the UI for those things appeared either.

Deku Tree

When you do the ledge strategy HM Crota how do you keep the swordbearer middle?
Our main problem is really the swordbearer keeps hiding behind the rocks or running far right or far left so we kill the swordbearer too slowly....

kidko

Man, I even went to orbit and came back and still didn't have any of my powers. Logged out, let's see if I can be a guardian again.

Gunsmith is selling an uncommon Shoot to Loot scout rifle right now. Get it while it's hot.

cool thx, i keep dismantling those on auto-pilot before realizing what I did

When you do the ledge strategy HM Crota how do you keep the swordbearer middle?
Our main problem is really the swordbearer keeps hiding behind the rocks or running far right or far left so we kill the swordbearer too slowly....

That's a problem. It's worst when he runs all the way left.

LordofPwn

What's the hit marker for the super? My teams are always too selfish to make orbs for me, I forget what the damage is...

Correct about the R2s if they are all 15301 damage (activating R2 off the ground only does ~9500ish). The lowest total damage I've needed to kill was 263,719 and I've hit enrage after 221,415 (84%). 17 R2s is 260,117 so his exact HP is somewhere between 260-263.7k.

15 R2s is 229,515 so you could have substituted one R2 with an R1 and still hit enrage, for example. 18 R2s is 275,418 so it's definitely overkill. 17 R2s + 1 R1 would do it, lots of other options. FYI the R1-R1-R2 combo = 7201 + 7201 + 12601 = 27,003.

Yes, I do keep a calculator next to me while running sword (
NERD
)... nothing else to do with all that down time between swords... zzzz....
I did 137,709 damage (9 heavy hits) after 2 swords, and managed to kill Crota on sword 3. Video is uploading now on how I pulled it off. Also a good video of Double Bubble Trouble strat in action.

Anyone need help on anything or want to run VoG Hard? Kind of bored at the moment. Maybe I'll finally play something else and try to kick this Destiny addiction, haha.

Korosenai

Not here, because no one has Xbox one.

Destiny APP or GFaqs. I wont even comment about the type of players I get from there. I have burned through 20,000 glimmer getting rockets that just go into the black hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got a kill earlier in less than 30 minutes with me as a level 30.

If you see us online just join us, we'd be glad to help.

Truphenom

Today seems like a shitty day to drop crota. 4 Ghorns and the shield stays up, down him and he comes right back up, shoots through the floor to hit you in the ogre room...

It's not easy being cheesy.

Mindlog

What's the hit marker for the super? My teams are always too selfish to make orbs for me, I forget what the damage is...

Correct about the R2s if they are all 15301 damage (activating R2 off the ground only does ~9500ish). The lowest total damage I've needed to kill was 263,719 and I've hit enrage after 221,415 (84%). 17 R2s is 260,117 so his exact HP is somewhere between 260-263.7k.

15 R2s is 229,515 so you could have substituted one R2 with an R1 and still hit enrage, for example. 18 R2s is 275,418 so it's definitely overkill. 17 R2s + 1 R1 would do it, lots of other options. FYI the R1-R1-R2 combo = 7201 + 7201 + 12601 = 27,003.

Yes, I do keep a calculator next to me while running sword (
NERD
)... nothing else to do with all that down time between swords... zzzz....
Nerd, CFO it's all the same thing.
Bold solves the mystery of where I would occasionally lose damage. Thank you for that.
The number I have for super is - 18001.
Supposedly 16 R2 + 1 Super is enough.
"Crota has more than 260117 health (17 smashes) but less than 262817 (16 smashes, 1 super)."
Source.

Top Bottom