• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkmoon from Crota and Thunderlord from the Gorgon chest in the same night. I need to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. The only 2 exotics I've been wanting/needing.

EL CUCO

Just had the funnest Crota run ever. It was in Normal ofcourse. We were running around the entire place with no regards to anything.

Literally standing right infront of Ogres eye to eye and ripping through them with Icebreakers. Laughing at tower Knights. Dropping Crota's shield with only Snipers.

No middle strat. Just run around and dont die.

Hardmode has us battle tested.

Hawkmoon from Crota and Thunderlord from the Gorgon chest in the same night.

tumblr_m5tuylhJrs1rqlfp9.gif

What's the best way to get a ton of Sapphire Wire? I'm going to need a lot to level up my raid gear. I never made a hunter until a couple weeks ago, so I never got a chance to stockpile it.

kidko

What's the best way to get a ton of Sapphire Wire? I'm going to need a lot to level up my raid gear. I never made a hunter until a couple weeks ago, so I never got a chance to stockpile it.

Do roc strikes on all characters as desired and give all your blues to your hunter to decrypt and dismantle

ROC strike for engrams, or buy the 250 glimmer item from Vanguard Quartermaster and dismantle for one.

hydruxo

-Roc Strikes for blue engrams
-Buy uncommon helms from the Vanguard Quartermaster and dismantle

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What's the best handgun in the game that's not an exotic guys? I haven't dived in since hard mode has been live. Is the Word of Crota any good?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wait... but Fatebringer can't go to 331 though. How the fuck is this gun still better? Can Bungie not design a better handcannon or some shit outside of stats?

Cruxist

Welp, finally downed HM Crota.

I've got all the normal weapons, no necrochasm. Might wait until HoW to go for it because holy hell, the glitches that destroyed us tonight were just terrible.

Rubenov

Wait... but Fatebringer can't go to 331 though. How the fuck is this gun still better? Can Bungie not design a better handcannon or some shit outside of stats?

you only benefit from 331 Atk at the high end. For that, Red Hand or TFWPKY 1969 will serve you well.

Damage scales more with your light level than the weapon damage. Fatebringer will still do full damage for all enemies up to level 30, and only slightly less damage to enemies above level 30 assuming you are at or above the enemy level.

Only Hard Mode Crota is the gun "gimped" and even then, I think it still works ok.

Perks aside, a DLC gun at 331 should do the same damage at 301 to level 30 and below enemies.

He's a normal person Drizzay..you know sleeps at night and longer than ~4 hours.

o_O does not compute.

For HM Crota:
15 hard sword hits to enrage
18 to kill correct?

And what percentage of damage does a super do?

What's the hit marker for the super? My teams are always too selfish to make orbs for me, I forget what the damage is...

Correct about the R2s if they are all 15301 damage (activating R2 off the ground only does ~9500ish). The lowest total damage I've needed to kill was 263,719 and I've hit enrage after 221,415 (84%). 17 R2s is 260,117 so his exact HP is somewhere between 260-263.7k.

15 R2s is 229,515 so you could have substituted one R2 with an R1 and still hit enrage, for example. 18 R2s is 275,418 so it's definitely overkill. 17 R2s + 1 R1 would do it, lots of other options. FYI the R1-R1-R2 combo = 7201 + 7201 + 12601 = 27,003.

Yes, I do keep a calculator next to me while running sword (
NERD
)... nothing else to do with all that down time between swords... zzzz....

I like how Hard mode doesn't let you joke around which I tend to do a lot.

I save all my best material for the nearly 2 minute downtime after Ogres, waiting for Scrota to go right-->middle.

Definity

Damn! Got my first LDR, and it was via from ranking up Cryptarch.

Double Down (on spawn may gain more ammo), Firefly, sendit/perfect balance, solar.
Almost got the shooting through crap!
Got my first one tonight as well. Performance bonus (kills give reserve ammo), outlaw and armor piercing.

Wish I could join you. My Warlock needs normal Crota for a chance at Black Hammer, but alas I am stuck at work. Talk about real life responsibilities ;)

joecanada

Well the arc burn takes down shields and then firefly, reload ya you aren't getting better than that.

Iron banner handcannon does ton of damage but shoots too slow to compete. Tfwpky is tied for third.

Watching 2 streams.

Hawkian with the CE Raid newbies. Had a couple of good runs, but not quite there.

Kadey and company dealing with bullshit Crota kills on Swordbearer.

Both teams doing Heavy Ammo drop glitch right now. XD

Top Bottom