• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

It's a team effort. You can do well but something can be missing from your team that would impede progress. In my opinion, There should always be a hunter for sword duty and a Titan for knight duty. The last four can freely be whatever and be distributed between DPS and help taking down the swordbearer.

Most of us on GAF are good enough to do everything but once in a while there is a team that doesn't gel together and you can clearly see which parts needs fixing.

Communication was important for the beginning. We had 5 people rocket with no boomer watch, then we had 3 people watch Boomers with only 2 rockets. People left both times. I usually try to rocket and stagger Boomers and help stagger while people run in. But yea some teams just don't gel.

LiK

Communication was important for the beginning. We had 5 people rocket with no boomer watch, then we had 3 people watch Boomers with only 2 rockets. People left both times. I usually try to rocket and stagger Boomers and help stagger while people run in. But yea some teams just don't gel.

Some people just don't listen and do whatever. Those are the worst teammates. People need to be flexible and try different roles to help out.

I still don't understand why people prefer Hunters for sword. They have the worst jumps for Crota area.

Invis is super duper useful. Don't have to time approaches nearly as well, just have to time your invis. Blink strike makes it very easy to get a huge second combo since you are right on his ass.

LiK

Invis is super duper useful. Don't have to time approaches nearly as well, just have to time your invis. Blink strike makes it very easy to get a huge second combo since you are right on his ass.

Ah, the ass. I remember Crota's fatass from watching Figs' videos from her POV. lol

Midas

After two days of bugs(?), lag(?) and what not, we finally got Crota down twice yesterday. Got my Fang of Ir Yût. All hard mode weapons acquired, only need the Crux. Feels good.

LiK

After two days of bugs(?), lag(?) and what not, we finally got Crota down twice yesterday. Got my Fang of Ir Yût. All hard mode weapons acquired, only need the Crux. Feels good.

I kinda want the ship from HM. Then never again.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I still don't understand why people prefer Hunters for sword. They have the worst jumps for Crota area.
Hunters are the best for sword. You can stand near Crota while being invisible and start smashing him as soon as his shield goes down. I can get 8 R2s in two kneels as a hunter.

Warlock has the worst jump. You don't want to be gliding towards Crota as he's going down.

LiK

Hunters are the best for sword. You can stand near Crota while being invisible and start smashing him as soon as his shield goes down. I can get 8 R2s in two kneels as a hunter.

Warlock has the worst jump. You don't want to be gliding towards Crota as he's going down.

We should play again soon in CE. It's been a while,

Feorax

Is the LDR-5000 a good choice to replace P&T? I like it, but it's not exactly spectacular for an exotic, and I'm thinking an LDR-5000 would let me run a strong loadout of Fang - LDR - Thunderlord for Arc burns.

Could maybe even switch out Thunderlord for the Arc One Way Ticket 000 I got this week with cluster bombs depending on how I'm feeling.

LiK

Is the LDR-5000 a good choice to replace P&T? I like it, but it's not exactly spectacular for an exotic, and I'm thinking an LDR-5000 would let me run a strong loadout of Fang - LDR - Thunderlord for Arc burns.

Could maybe even switch out Thunderlord for the Arc One Way Ticket 000 I got this week with cluster bombs depending on how I'm feeling.

Vendor LDR is considered one of the best sniper rifles here.

That warlock jump is horrible D:

Ryck

Oh god yes, at one point before I got my LDR I was running with Supremacy (300 attack) because it was still outhitting my 331 P&T.

I have one with firefly and armor piercing, its a beast in strikes and raid.

What does armor piercing rounds really do? Also how is it different from high caliber rounds?

Most of that crap on the lower level of Crota, you can shoot through. The rock that the swordbearer hides behind and everything that Shrek hides from. Works in PvP as well when people try to hide behind stuff.

Ryck

Most of that crap on the lower level of Crota, you can shoot through. The rock that the swordbearer hides behind and everything that Shrek hides from. Works in PvP as well when people try to hide behind stuff.
Oh wow good to know, really irks me when the SB hides.

Finally got a Word of Crota! My team managed to get or strategy down finally. Also got a raid helm with orb replenish health too, so that's awesome.

Should I just level up hive disruptor, or is phantom gift worth not doing extra damage to hive?

Man, I've gotten pretty much every drop these past few weeks, except for Black Hammer and Gallajhorn, which are the two I really want.

Even got the Crux, which is neat, but man I need that Gallajhorn. Just did HM Aetheon a few hours ago and a dude in our party got it, while I got Last Word. I've gotten 4 exotic weapon drops today doing stuff, but they're all duplicates.

I need Gallajhorn, Bungie!

Thanks to the team for that quick crota kill.

Fang of ir yut for the 5th time. Would have been nice to get the word of crota for once but I'll need the radiant energy either way.

I've altered up my combo for getting crota.

I can do the R1+R1+R2+R2+R2 combo which gets his health down to about 55% in one sword that extra damage gives me a margin for error which takes a significant chuck of stress out of the fight.

Wait, is this combo per kneel? If so, how do you get the time for all of that?

Shito

Gotta love that weekly update, speaking about the heavy ammo bug and showing HM CE strategies with Horns everywhere.
I take it that means for sure Xur will sell Dragon's Breath and no heavy ammo...

EL CUCO

Xur plz, MOTTM...in case you're not familiar with that abbreviation in the Nile, Mask Of The Third Man.

I'm tired of using my 300 Suros. Just got a Raid (Thanks, Drizz) helm but holding off on upgrading it since no Infusion.

Xur...halp

Raybunny

Wait, is this combo per kneel? If so, how do you get the time for all of that?

Must be really tight but you can do 4x R2 so it is possible.

On the other hand, 6 Full Crota NM runs yesterday, soo much sherpa. Today is HM. Starting at 5pm CET. If anyone wants to join, feel free to do it.

Omni

Necrochasm doesn't look exotic enough

People can't tell that it's any different to the husk of the pit unless they're looking for that green glow. Makes it hard to show off :p

Top Bottom