• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

skip

never done a raid, would finally like to do one. 31/30/30 with several neato maxed weapons. friend of mine is in the same boat.

anyone doing regular-mode VoG or CM tonight and willing to take two "newbies?" (that's internet slang for "inexperience")

Bogeypop

We're about to go beat his ass. Bye. Have fun with your ROC strikes.

I'm not ROC striking. I don't think I've done a serious session all week. I was just sitting here wondering what to do then I remembered Cosmos' run should be starting soon. At least he'll take me to the Shrieker Chest and Deathsinger unlike you. I can't believe this is how you treat someone that helps you.
ggSHZz8.png

Thanks for the Radiant Energies kadey and crew! haha

I'll be back on a bit later for doing some real HM CE run(s).

Edit: how did my non-Gaf buddy DrSky get mixed up with you fine folks? :p
I'd like to join for a CE run whenever you get back. Just need to finish it on my last character.

Dunlop

For the urn questline do you have to deal the killing blow to Urzok?

I waited in Skywatch for over half an hour, fought the battle with 2 other people and did a ton of damage to him. Nothing dropped and I did not get credit for the quest

I just came back to the game and am about to rage quit lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm streaming this session.

Have a feeling this might not get done...There is a bunch of people who haven't beaten him or even attempted hard mode yet.

R0ckman

tumblr_n2lhxs5kQo1rkvl19o1_400.gif

That is amazing. Congrats!

Lol I actually got this silently pissed in real life. Was working in retail during college and was on cafe shift at the bookstore and since I'm not a huge people person we got hit with waves and waves of customers eventually my introvertism was kicking in and I was sick of the customers coming and my right eye started twitching like crazy. I did laugh at it and it helped calm me down. Thank god I'm done with college and have a real job.

I'm up for anything, either raid preferably but it doesn't matter too much. PS4: CartmanPat 31 (I know...) Titan.

For the urn questline do you have to deal the killing blow to Urzok?

I waited in Skywatch for over half an hour, fought the battle with 2 other people and did a ton of damage to him. Nothing dropped and I did not get credit for the quest

I just came back to the game and am about to rage quit lol

He's a real bastard to kill. Are you sure he died?

I just got a Legendary Engram in Crucible. I decrypt it and OHMYGOSH.

Scout Rifle.
Luck in the Chamber.
Firefly.

Jackpot!

Wait. Max attack is 300?

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

Who designed this loot system? Satan?

rNilla

Seconds after talking about getting a Legendary Engram in the wild today (class item, shards, poop) LiK gets one during farming. COLLUSION!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm not ROC striking. I don't think I've done a serious session all week. I was just sitting here wondering what to do then I remembered Cosmos' run should be starting soon. At least he'll take me to the Shrieker Chest and Deathsinger unlike you. I can't believe this is how you treat someone that helps you.
ggSHZz8.png

You helped me by jumping off a cliff. Besides that part is best done on normal.

kidko

Is anyone sharing Gorgon Hard CP right now? I would <3 u because I can't do raids lately since I'm on baby duty .__.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
:p Maybe you get what I'm driving at, anyway. It doesn't get better. It doesn't stop. It just comes and goes.

I fully understand all of the reasoning and justifications you might offer as to why this kind of thing is okay. I'm not even going to try and argue that they're wrong; I just disagree.

So that's where I'm at. May not post nearly as much, and I might look into an alternative way to organize the weekly newbie raids and other activities, but I'm not gone. As always, feel free to (and let others with questions know that they can) PM me for just about anything. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
No offense to you Hawkian or to anyone who thinks its wrong to voice dissatisfaction with the game, but since you quoted me, I feel the need to respond.

Since apparently Deej and other people at Bungie apparently read this thread and follow the communities across the net and all that, I feel the need to voice my dissatisfaction.

Could I write a 1000 word post on why I think Destiny is a Skinner box that preys on the worst aspect of exploitative psychology, and why in that particular case, I think Bungie purposefully (and continually) not selling the Gjallarhorn is an example of how the company continues to exploit its players? I could, but I honestly would rather spend my time writing about anime on GAF instead.

I could talk about how it's been months since the heavy ammo bug was reported and how they haven't even at least updated the community on their progress on fixing it.

I could talk about how the time is being spent on fixing exploits that affect a minority of players as opposed to improving the game for a majority of players, including quality of life updates like more vault space or even something simple like the ability to check your vanguard, crucible, faction, iron banner rank on your character screen.

I could talk about how The Dark Below has been an expansion that has seemingly lowered the quality of the base game for all players. Where those who don't own the expansion but bought the game over Christmas are locked out of at least two dailies a week, or how the people who do own the DLC roll their eyes at the mere mention of Siege of the Warmind and The Wakening appearing ad nauseum.

I could talk about how Deej and the rest of the community team seem unresponsive and ill-suited at communication. Whether by Bungie's hand, Activision's hand, or the community team's own direction, issues like pushing the new exotic shard system out right before the new exotic upgrade system is released is at best incompetence and at worst calculated callousness.

I could talk about these and many other issues that I have with the game in a calm, coherent, and admittedly passive-aggressive manner. But five months in, I know that none of it matters. My concerns are only as a person who is playing this game only because of the people and not because of any loyalty to Destiny as a brand or Bungie as a corporate entity driven by the need to make profit. I know that my single voice pales in comparison to the million new "Guardians" that have joined the game over the holiday and have now begun creating their "Legends" (a legend so unique that in the end, everyone has the exact same level 32 armor and gjallarhorns).

So instead, I will say "fuck you Bungie". Because if my voice doesn't matter, then at least I will scream as loud as a I can and express my dissatisfaction with the game in a manner that hopefully a Bungie lurker will notice.

Top Bottom