• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We wiped like 99 times in 15 mins. Only like one person with the Horn. Our only Titan is a 31. And only one other person besides me has beaten or even attempted Crota on hard. Yep this team isn't going to beat him any time soon.

Going to have to wait for Cosmos and Driz.

E92 M3

Someone said it handles like a Shadow Price. Probably worth investing in.

Indeed, it's a great AR that makes wizards a joke to kill. I am just wondering if it's worth the 18 Radiant Energies. Damage improvement is minimal. Word of Crota also has problems with the hive disruptor breaking other perks (which sucks big time). Maybe I'll just keep saving.

I got some shards and energy the new shader and Fang Of Ir Yut.

image.php

Dunk#7

Need 1 defender titan for HM Crota

Need Gjahallorn or Hunger of Crota

We just beat it, and have swapped characters going again with 5 from original team

Edit: Nevermind sorry we got 1

Bogeypop

We wiped like 99 times in 15 mins. Only like one person with the Horn. Our only Titan is a 31. And only one other person besides me has beaten or even attempted Crota on hard. Yep this team isn't going to beat him any time soon.

Cosmos is here.
vWOyQiZ.png

Glowhoo why u so ugly

Sorry Kadey (but also lol :p) I'm back on now and ready to raid fo real.

How do you people know DrSky btw? He's a nice guy but also very young (16) and not near our level of obsession w/ this game...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Glowhoo why u so ugly

Sorry Kadey (but also lol :p) I'm back on now and ready to raid fo real.

How do you people know DrSky btw? He's a nice guy but also very young (16) and not near our level of obsession w/ this game...

They are actually pretty funny. The whole group but I think we can't beat it given what we have.

It's like. We start and bam somebody dies. Qwell got whacked by a knight while in a hiding spot, etc.

Get together a team. I'm with hunter and I can take care of knights and DPS.

Rsinart

Yeah not sure what was happening in that group. Owell we tried.

No offense to you Hawkian or to anyone who thinks its wrong to voice dissatisfaction with the game, but since you quoted me, I feel the need to respond.

Since apparently Deej and other people at Bungie apparently read this thread and follow the communities across the net and all that, I feel the need to voice my dissatisfaction.

Could I write a 1000 word post on why I think Destiny is a Skinner box that preys on the worst aspect of exploitative psychology, and why in that particular case, I think Bungie purposefully (and continually) not selling the Gjallarhorn is an example of how the company continues to exploit its players? I could, but I honestly would rather spend my time writing about anime on GAF instead.

I could talk about how it's been months since the heavy ammo bug was reported and how they haven't even at least updated the community on their progress on fixing it.

I could talk about how the time is being spent on fixing exploits that affect a minority of players as opposed to improving the game for a majority of players, including quality of life updates like more vault space or even something simple like the ability to check your vanguard, crucible, faction, iron banner rank on your character screen.

I could talk about how The Dark Below has been an expansion that has seemingly lowered the quality of the base game for all players. Where those who don't own the expansion but bought the game over Christmas are locked out of at least two dailies a week, or how the people who do own the DLC roll their eyes at the mere mention of Siege of the Warmind and The Wakening appearing ad nauseum.

I could talk about how Deej and the rest of the community team seem unresponsive and ill-suited at communication. Whether by Bungie's hand, Activision's hand, or the community team's own direction, issues like pushing the new exotic shard system out right before the new exotic upgrade system is released is at best incompetence and at worst calculated callousness.

I could talk about these and many other issues that I have with the game in a calm, coherent, and admittedly passive-aggressive manner. But five months in, I know that none of it matters. My concerns are only as a person who is playing this game only because of the people and not because of any loyalty to Destiny as a brand or Bungie as a corporate entity driven by the need to make profit. I know that my single voice pales in comparison to the million new "Guardians" that have joined the game over the holiday and have now begun creating their "Legends" (a legend so unique that in the end, everyone has the exact same level 32 armor and gjallarhorns).

So instead, I will say "fuck you Bungie". Because if my voice doesn't matter, then at least I will scream as loud as a I can and express my dissatisfaction with the game in a manner that hopefully a Bungie lurker will notice.

I'm just trying to figure out how you could dislike a game enough to where "fuck you Bungie" seems reasonable, but not enough to where you want to stop playing.

El Sloth

Banned
No offense to you Hawkian or to anyone who thinks its wrong to voice dissatisfaction with the game, but since you quoted me, I feel the need to respond.

Since apparently Deej and other people at Bungie apparently read this thread and follow the communities across the net and all that, I feel the need to voice my dissatisfaction.

Could I write a 1000 word post on why I think Destiny is a Skinner box that preys on the worst aspect of exploitative psychology, and why in that particular case, I think Bungie purposefully (and continually) not selling the Gjallarhorn is an example of how the company continues to exploit its players? I could, but I honestly would rather spend my time writing about anime on GAF instead.

I could talk about how it's been months since the heavy ammo bug was reported and how they haven't even at least updated the community on their progress on fixing it.

I could talk about how the time is being spent on fixing exploits that affect a minority of players as opposed to improving the game for a majority of players, including quality of life updates like more vault space or even something simple like the ability to check your vanguard, crucible, faction, iron banner rank on your character screen.

I could talk about how The Dark Below has been an expansion that has seemingly lowered the quality of the base game for all players. Where those who don't own the expansion but bought the game over Christmas are locked out of at least two dailies a week, or how the people who do own the DLC roll their eyes at the mere mention of Siege of the Warmind and The Wakening appearing ad nauseum.

I could talk about how Deej and the rest of the community team seem unresponsive and ill-suited at communication. Whether by Bungie's hand, Activision's hand, or the community team's own direction, issues like pushing the new exotic shard system out right before the new exotic upgrade system is released is at best incompetence and at worst calculated callousness.

I could talk about these and many other issues that I have with the game in a calm, coherent, and admittedly passive-aggressive manner. But five months in, I know that none of it matters. My concerns are only as a person who is playing this game only because of the people and not because of any loyalty to Destiny as a brand or Bungie as a corporate entity driven by the need to make profit. I know that my single voice pales in comparison to the million new "Guardians" that have joined the game over the holiday and have now begun creating their "Legends" (a legend so unique that in the end, everyone has the exact same level 32 armor and gjallarhorns).

So instead, I will say "fuck you Bungie". Because if my voice doesn't matter, then at least I will scream as loud as a I can and express my dissatisfaction with the game in a manner that hopefully a Bungie lurker will notice.
God damn, this post is too real. Well fucking said.

*goes back to grinding his new 2nd alt

Invited me when you attempt it

Maybe you should read it again

I'm just saying that your last resort isn't to say "fuck Bungie" on the internet. Your last resort is to stop playing. There are plenty of other games out there, and plenty of bad things in the world worthy of getting hung up on.

I don't want to start problems though. I'm a Junior Member so I don't really have any place to talk.

zewone

Well said.

I'm just saying that your last resort isn't to say "fuck Bungie" on the internet. Your last resort is to stop playing. There are plenty of other games out there, and plenty of bad things in the world worthy of getting hung up on.

I don't want to start problems though. I'm a Junior Member so I don't really have any place to talk.

Everybody has a place to talk. In this community nobody has any higher standing than anybody else.

zewone

You have the right to voice your opinion as Junior. He mentions his loyalty is to the people that play the game, not Bungie. He's playing to play with everyone else here.

rNilla

I think I'm about to have a Hawkian moment. I personally think it's sad when someone who is clearly capable of reasonable criticism instead chooses to respond in a childish manner. To each their own.

HM CE

1.) Arrghle Barrghle
2.) Mattiator
3.) IRawr
4.) Kadey
5.) Sexy Sushi
6.) ?

Looks like Squall isn't on but Zewone and Lik are on if one of you wants to jump in here?

recks

Well, 3 runs no Word of Crota...But they gave me another Hardlight so I can shot myself in the head :'(

Gonna run 2 more times on a few mins to help some friends, have 2 or 3 spots left on PS4

I think I'm about to have a Hawkian moment. I personally think it's sad when someone who is clearly capable of reasonable criticism instead chooses to respond in a childish manner. To each their own.
I think the point is that criticism doesn't matter anymore(it should), because Bungie has put their fingers in their ears. Or it seems that way to the community do to the fluff in the updates.

Sometimes yah just gotta let it out. :p

I think it's a bit childish to quote people in your post as if to shame them. People get upset and say some things, it happens. He could have quoted them but taken their names out. I'm not saying that was his intention but it came across that way.

rNilla

I think the point is that criticism doesn't matter anymore(it should), because Bungie has put their fingers in their ears. Or it seems that way to the community do to the fluff in the updates.

Sometimes yah just gotta let it out. :p

I get the perspective but I'm also in the "Fuck Bungie" weirds me out a bit and seems like a bit of a juvenile, borderline unacceptable response camp.

I'm not above being a childish asshole though, clearly. Pretty sure this is well documented.

I think it's a bit childish to quote people in your post as if to shame them. People get upset and say some things, it happens. He could have quoted them but taken their names out. I'm not saying that was his intention but it came across that way.

Absolutely people get upset but I don't know. I'm an adult and have trouble justifying or accepting this kind of response even if I understand it.

It's incredibly unwelcoming considering employees of the company are members of this community. One of them was unceremoniously cussed out of an OT.

Ditters

Anyone want to run Crota on hard through the first two parts with my 31 warlock. I really could use some radiant shards and that auto rifle. Ps4 Ditters1

Top Bottom