• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Switching boots stops heavy ammo loss? When exactly do you switch? How do you switch before dying when you are trying not to die. Do you just switch right after spawn or something?

I did it when I knew we had to wipe. Then I just jumped down and let the Gatekeeper kill me as a 31.

Once I respawned I re-equipped 32 boots. Worked out really well. I only used 8 heavy synths in 3hrs.

Daemul

I just don't feel totally comfortable being associated with it. It all makes sort of uneasy and kind of embarrassed, reading a page... 2 pages... 10 pages... 20 pages of particularly vitriolic posts and having my name be forever listed as the creator of that experience. I know that sounds completely ridiculous to a lot of you. It's just something that gets to me.

Wat. Cuzzy, is that you?

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Sorry man, but you sound so much like a close cousin of mine here, and not in a good way lol. Don't get too upset about the stuff you see posted, it doesn't reflect on you whatsoever. If someone sees posts they disagree with, when it comes to pointing fingers, the last person they'll think to blame is you. You won't even cross their mind.

LiK

I did it when I knew we had to wipe. Then I just jumped down and let the Gatekeeper kill me as a 31.

Once I respawned I re-equipped 32 boots. Worked out really well. I only used 8 heavy synths in 3hrs.

what a stupid bug, i will do this from now on in the raids

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've had almost the same frustrations as a number of you along the way. A bunch of us have.

We don't read complaints and dismiss it (though, vitriol can sometimes be pretty hard to read), we read it and in a bunch of cases are nodding our heads alongside you guys. (Losing Heavy Ammo on death drives me crazy, too).

We will continue to try and make things better - and hopefully make fewer and fewer mistakes along the way.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, I genuinely do. But I hope you can also appreciate that when Deej writes for the upteenth time:
We’re looking forward to talking to you more about that process. In time. Keep talking to us about what you’re seeing out in the wild, and don’t pull any punches about the things you want us to work on.
But without going into any specifics or offering any details, it's going to make me feel some measure of frustration and disappointment. I stopped pulling punches awhile ago and just moved on to resignation - and before someone searches through my post history, my response to Deej's update was "Liar liar, pants on fire" or something to that respect.

Even telling me that you guys know about the Heavy Ammo bug and are thinking about it is more than anything that I've gotten from any of the weekly updates for a while now.

I want this game to be perfect, probably as much as you do, if not more so. I don't want my play sessions with my group to feel like we're a group of prisoners being given a death sentence. I want to have fun with Destiny not only because I'm playing with my friends, since everything is better with more people (just ask swingers!), but because I also love the game.

Thanks again for reading and responding.

I'm talking to my group right now as we prepare for Crota and we'd like an 8 man raid!

Mindlog

Thanks Cosmos and crew.

Dear Bungie,
I have run out of Ascendent Energy.
I have over 200 Ascendent Shards.
What do?

-Sincerely,
Me

Will be buying no land beyond for all the purple ammo drops.

Anyone want to do VoG hard? need 3 more people. my buddy and I have only done VoG once (both lvl 31 hunters) so we're relatively green at the whole raid thing. We can do VoG normal also, if that is more suitable.

Add me/Msg me @ blacksalad_ on psn

hydruxo

I've had almost the same frustrations as a number of you along the way. A bunch of us have.

We don't read complaints and dismiss it (though, vitriol can sometimes be pretty hard to read), we read it and in a bunch of cases are nodding our heads alongside you guys. (Losing Heavy Ammo on death drives me crazy, too).

We will continue to try and make things better - and hopefully make fewer and fewer mistakes along the way.

I know you guys get far more complaints than a lot of devs do, but I have to say that the raids have been some of the most fun I've had with gaming in years. I think most everyone who is still playing the game right now appreciates all the hard work you and everyone else there has put into trying to make Destiny better. Majority of people on here express their frustrations not because they're actually mad, but because they can see Destiny's potential. The raids have been a blast and major bright spot for the game.

Gordon

So I decided to try out No Land Beyond, and I gotta say, I can see a lot of potential for the gun. If they just give it a fucking Hand Cannon ironsight - I would assume as a scope perk replacing snapshot or something like that - that would make it a very formidable weapon. If they scripted the chambering action to be affected by reload buffs, it would be a powerhouse. If they let it hold more than a dozen bullets as well, it would break the game.
I love the aesthetics, I love the concept, I want to love this gun.

I kinda wish it was a Hand Cannon in the special slot instead of a Sniper primary. Same premise - low RoF, ironsights, OHKO headshots - but y'know not blocking my trash mob tool slot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll make a gif once it's over. He was chasing Irawr and then I turned around and that bastard was standing right in front of me.

elohel

would bungie ever do a postmortem on destiny or other games ever?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You and others have complained about the negativity from dissenters becoming predictable, but quite frankly, the same could be said about all the unabashed praise being agreed upon. Have you notice that?
but what praise equivalent is there? do you have an example of the kind of post you're talking about?

Those boomers man...sword bearers bane indeed.

And folks, why are we doing this again? I don't agree with the disrespectful plug or calling out specific folks over personal views/emotions, but this is getting ridiculous.

The OT=positive discussion only thing hasn't been the case since the 2nd week after the game launched. Unless you can point me to the posts that say "Anyone who doesn't have enough real life friends available to play Destiny with have social issues" or anything else of that nature. Don't see how not being loyal to a corporation/product was a necessary distinction from playing with folks. Makes it sound like an insinuation about this community that is insulting from many aspects.

Deej is just a community manager. The patsy of the game's development team. He has no impact whatsoever. With that said, some of the direction he takes in his updates that poke at the hornet's nest is the opposite of what he should be doing, and [not to wish unemployment] I hope someone with at least a better sense of what the temperature of the room is will step in.

Bungie hasn't done well to improve the game. Their patches seem to further break the game. The reset every 3 months (and offering gear to circumvent that 3 month progress) punishes the active player base. The additional currency systems punish newer players or those looking to start alts. Every bit of content that is added seems to be in Beta for us to test so that they can cheaply maneuver around the players to push them down, or again implement patches that are more apt to break than fix. Cheeses that can take longer than the legitimate way are given focus over 'match' breaking glitches. Focus often has been to market DLC and manipulate opinions of the game (wait until level 20! the raid! 10 years of Destiny!!!) over the actual well-being of the community that are the only ones who will be buying the DLC. Among dozens upon dozens of other issues that I could fill in bullet points over an entire page to page and a half on here.

So it's easy to see why people keep playing and just roll through things due to just having fun with folks, enjoying the gunplay, and having good rolls. But I can see where a lot of people are getting disenchanted and frustrated. If it wasn't for a lot of the fine folks here and already engaged to the House of Wolves DLC due to the Digital Guardian Edition, I may have moved on myself.

But I think that even if Bungie isn't giving much of a damn about the community, it doesn't help matters to go beyond their low. It's like when ME3 came out out and people reacted explosively, and then were shockingly confused/outraged on why parts of the company and the media called out on that behavior. It just doesn't help anything, and gives people an excuse to write off complaints despite well meant criticism and issue highlights are out there, whether they be the common approach or buried under the heat.

I took a long while the post this though, and probably has already blown over to where people can just ignore this. But just wanted to say that people should be able to vent (whether we are tired of it or not; take a nap Math :p), but I think the venting should be made best to be worth listening to no matter what ears or eyes are taking it in.

Rehsa

Bought an engram today hoping to get another Hunter or Titan helm, I get Skull of Dire Ahamkara which gave me all 4 Warlock helms. Just soloed the NF on my warlock, got Skull of Dire Ahamkara -.-

Those boomers man...sword bearers bane indeed.

And folks, why are we doing this again? I don't agree with the disrespectful plug or calling out specific folks over personal views/emotions, but this is getting ridiculous.

The OT=positive discussion only thing hasn't been the case since the 2nd week after the game launched. Don't see how not being loyal to a corporation/product was a necessary distinction from playing with folks. Makes it sound like an insinuation about this community that is insulting from many aspects.

Deej is just a community manager. The patsy of the game's development team. He has no impact whatsoever. With that said, some of the direction he takes in his updates that poke at the hornet's nest is the opposite of what he should be doing.

Bungie hasn't done well to improve the game. Their patches seem to further break the game. The reset every 3 months (and offering gear to circumvent that 3 month progress) punishes the active player base. The additional currency systems punish newer players or those looking to start alts. Every bit of content that is added seems to be in Beta for us to test so that they can cheaply maneuver around the players to push them down, or again implement patches that are more apt to break than fix. Cheeses that can take longer than the legitimate way are given focus over 'match' breaking glitches. Focus often has been to market DLC and manipulate opinions of the game (wait until level 20! the raid! 10 years of Destiny!!!) over the actual well-being of the community that are the only ones who will be buying the DLC. Among dozens upon dozens of other issues that I could fill in bullet points over an entire page to page and a half on here.

So it's easy to see why people keep playing and just roll through things due to just having fun with folks, enjoying the gunplay, and having good rolls. But I can see where a lot of people are getting disenchanted and frustrated. If it wasn't for a lot of the fine folks here and already engaged to the House of Wolves DLC due to the Digital Guardian Edition, I may have moved on myself.

But I think that even if Bungie isn't giving much of a damn about the community, it doesn't help matters to go beyond their low. It's like when ME3 came out out and people acted like that, and then were shockingly confused on why parts of the company and the media called out on that behavior. It just doesn't help anything, and gives people an excuse to write off complaints despite well meant criticism and issue highlights are out there, whether they be the common approach or buried under the heat.

I took a long while the post this though, and probably has already blown over to where people can just ignore this. But just wanted to say that people should be able to vent (whether we are tired of it or not; take a nap Math :p), but I think the venting should be made best to be worth listening to no matter what ears or eyes are taking it in.
I have to wake up a 5:30am tommrrow. Kill me now. I'm just not tired real annoying.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, I genuinely do. But I hope you can also appreciate that when Deej writes for the upteenth time:

But without going into any specifics or offering any details, it's going to make me feel some measure of frustration and disappointment. I stopped pulling punches awhile ago and just moved on to resignation - and before someone searches through my post history, my response to Deej's update was "Liar liar, pants on fire" or something to that respect.

Even telling me that you guys know about the Heavy Ammo bug and are thinking about it is more than anything that I've gotten from any of the weekly updates for a while now.

I want this game to be perfect, probably as much as you do, if not more so. I don't want my play sessions with my group to feel like we're a group of prisoners being given a death sentence. I want to have fun with Destiny not only because I'm playing with my friends, since everything is better with more people (just ask swingers!), but because I also love the game.

Thanks again for reading and responding.

I'm talking to my group right now as we prepare for Crota and we'd like an 8 man raid!

The issue I have is that they prioritize cheese fixing versus glitch fixing.

Maybe if glitches were not so common people wouldn't want to cheese.

It happened with VoG and it is happening with CE now. Always worried about cheese first and then glitches are secondary. Bridge cheese and more have been fixed but swords disappearing and more have not.

Priorities are all wrong.

It happened with VoG and it is happening with CE now. Always worried about cheese first and then glitches are secondary. Bridge cheese and more have been fixed but swords disappearing and more have not.
I would put glitch fixes lower than second. Think of how VoG is still riddled with them.

The issue I have is that they prioritize cheese fixing versus glitch fixing.

Maybe if glitches were not so common people wouldn't want to cheese.

Priorities are all wrong.

I think a lot of the "glitches" we see are a result of lag. They are much more difficult to fix than a true bug in the software. That being said, there are a number of real bugs that have languished for months and no communication that they are being actively worked on is frustrating.

We appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us. We do enjoy the game and love the community its spawned here. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the game. For the most part i think gamers wish we just had a little more transparency for things like bug fixes and potential impovements being made to the game. Oh and Please don't make us re-level exotics again for HoW.

This comment is the kind of open communication we appreciate. I won't try to understand the scope of work to fix these issues on top of pressure to deliver future content in a timely manner, but having someone chime in once in a while with a candid dialogue helps us process the situation and hopefully lead to fewer irrational outbursts.

LiK

Ok cool. Let's do this.

Crota's End - Hard Mode Fresh Run

We will start as soon as we have 6. Likely just doing abyss and bridge. Deathsinger on normal later and it's too late for Crota for me.

1. Byron
2. Terrodactyl

i'll join with my Warlock. she's 31 but should be able to help out.

Top Bottom