• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Has anyone re-rolled the Felwinter's Lie? I'm wondering if it's even worth it, rangefinder and ROS seem good enough to me...

Been using the vendor version in PvP, and it's a beast. With hammer forged the range is insane. I just bought another one so I can re-roll with shot package when I have enough motes again. Prefer shot package over range finder.

It doesn't sound close (battle) for me but I definitely want to play with it:

Shot Package to counteract the cone and make a longer OHK
>>>
Longer Cone (Rangefinder)

Call me cynical, but I think the House of Wolves "delay" is really just them being nervous about the possibility of going six months without any DLC if they were to release in February/March. I think they are just trying to bridge the gap to Comet a little bit more, and the extra time isn't really going into substantial game improvements.

The best thing I can hope for is that they go back and figure out how exactly it turned out that every exotic in TDB is a piece of junk, and go add some legitimately good perks to the exotics for HoW.

Yeah, I was being overly optimistic probably.

_Legacy_

Been using the vendor version in PvP, and it's a beast. With hammer forged the range is insane. I just bought another one so I can re-roll with shot package when I have enough motes again. Prefer shot package over range finder.

First roll, I just got Full Auto (thought this was VOC only?), hammer forged, flared magwell, high caliber rounds,field choke and soft ballistics, and cascade. Think I'll keep it, I was praying for full auto! Soft ballistics should increase stability by some.

Sullichin

First roll, I just got Full Auto (thought this was VOC only?), hammer forged, flared magwell, high caliber rounds,field choke and soft ballistics, and cascade. Think I'll keep it, I was praying for full auto! Soft ballistics should increase stability by some.
It's a really slow ROF so I don't know how useful full auto would be, but I do kinda want cascade on mine

Is there any point in my doing Crucible before I reach Level 20?

I just started and am Level 15. I tried at around Level 10 and got owned by dudes with better gear. My friend said don't go until I have endgame gear.

What do you guys think?

I just started and am Level 15. I tried at around Level 10 and got owned by dudes with better gear. My friend said don't go until I have endgame gear.

What do you guys think?

Absolutely. Grind for XP and Bounties. Better than story missions IMO.

Endgame gear will only have a marginal impact on your ability to play normal Crucible.

_Legacy_

What do you guys think?

Are you talking Iron Banner or normal Crucible? I always ran Crucible bounties, even if I knew I'd get destroyed, needed the xp to level up faster. I used to love the 15 sniper rifle headshots bounties, easy 5000 xp.

What do you guys think?

Crucible is the quickest way to get to L20. If it's tough you can do strictly bounties to level faster.

VOC is the only full auto scout rifle, there's quite a few auto shotguns.

Daemul

What do you guys think?

You bet your sweet ass there is. Playing PvP and doing PvP bounties is the only thing that made levelling my 2nd and 3rd characters to level 20 tolerable, not to mention that if you're a half decent player, you level up much quicker via PvP than PvE.

It's a bit difficult for the first couple of levels when you can't jump for shit, and you have no melee or super, but once you unlock those, you can more than hold your own after that.

PvP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PvE for levelling alts, always has been, always will be.

Ambitious

I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the flayer that penetrates your cortex! I am Darkwing Duck!!

..I'm sorry. I'll show myself out.

Thanks for all the input about Crucible. Been doing Bounties on Story Missions only. Duh. Do Crucible Bounties and don't worry about K/D ratio. Ok cool.

Also, always looking for more GAF peeps to play with. Should be on nightly until BB/SotFS. PSN: WheelHoss1.

ethomaz

Banned
We have five, with the dr. being #6. If he can't make it, we'll send you an invite.
Thanks...

I still remember my flawless group doing it until the gatekeeper and the Destiny's servers dropped me near the end of the gatekeeper.

They got the trophy after kill Atheon and I was just cheering in the Party Chat.

Navid

Flawless? I want to do that too.

There is any group doing? Or we can make a new group....
I'd also be interested in trying to do a flawless run at some point if we can get a group together... though I'm in the UK so time of day will be a factor for me.

Also is anyone running or interested in running 3x normal Crota (one full run and then 2 more Crota kills) tomorrow after the reset?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Everyone wants to be the hero.

This right here. In the off chance they are able to kill you they can add it to highlight reel LOL BUBBLE TITAN GETS PWNED!

Also, Im sure a lot of people know its a death sentence but just do it for shits and giggles.

ocean

Banned
I'd also be interested in trying to do a flawless run at some point if we can get a group together... though I'm in the UK so time of day will be a factor for me.

Also is anyone running or interested in running 3x normal Crota (one full run and then 2 more Crota kills) tomorrow after the reset?

Count me in, I still need Black Hammer! a_javierp on PSN.

I haven't played Destiny at all this week - first time since launch I've gone this long without playing. Tomorrow doing reset raids sounds like a good return to form :)

Rank five IB, now I just need 32k glimmer to buy everything, but it's not that bad since I already have 19k. So just have to grind 13k more.

Also got Timur's Lash in a drop. Spend all my motes rerolling it, however I didn't get what I wanted. I got Luck in the Chamber with Zen Moment. Also has Prefect Balance. So it's not that bad, but eh. Too bad I don't have enough to reroll the shotty now.

timmy

Anyone wanna run nightfall? I just hit 29 on my Titan and wanna clear it before reset.

Psn caffemisto if you're interested.

Top Bottom