• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

forget the rest is one of the sweaty destiny clans and a couple of those players are on the leaderboards

but they're all using final round, armor piercing rounds and shoot to loot with the iron banner sniper so those stats are obviously inflated. one hit kills through walls and shit obviously isn't enough.

you've let us all down
so i'm about to buy this on the psn sale, but i got some questions if some of you fine gentleman may bother to answer me. :)

is the game p2p? if so, playing with people from another country gets really laggy or is it manageable?

It can sometimes be a laggy mess, other times it's fine.

E92 M3

OT18: Cash4Crota (back me up fig or else we won't make it)

I like this. If necrochasm is to follow suit with Vex and not be upgradeable in the future, then it should be overpowered now.

I wish, Bungie hates OP weapons because of the PVP aspect. You should see how every weapon is complained about =/

Stability would help a lot and if it's more stable it'll be easier to get crit kills, which would trigger thrall explosions

I actually don't have problems with stability. Very manageable. Though, maxing it out won't hurt.

-Just make it a 331 Mythoclast.

I wish, even for one day, that I can use the classic Mythoclast again. It was the most glorious week ever.

so i'm about to buy this on the psn sale, but i got some questions if some of you fine gentleman may bother to answer me. :)

is the game p2p? if so, playing with people from another country gets really laggy or is it manageable?

I play with people from around the world basically every time I play this game. Lag is frequently bad and occasionally atrocious in PvP but it doesn't necessarily matter who I'm playing with since the other team can have garbage connections also. PvE is usually not a problem except for a certain terribly designed raid boss encounter that has very tight timing windows.

vctor182

We've come a long way, just took a peek at the first OT and everyone was happy and excited.

Bring on the next OT

|OT18| Whether we wanted it or not...

t0rment

Yes it's P2P. For me most of the time it is manageable... but people do sometimes complain in this thread about lag in PvP and co-op PvE activities for sure.

you've let us all down

It can sometimes be a laggy mess, other times it's fine.

I play with people from around the world basically every time I play this game. Lag is frequently bad and occasionally atrocious in PvP but it doesn't necessarily matter who I'm playing with since the other team can have garbage connections also. PvE is usually not a problem except for a certain terribly designed raid boss encounter that has very tight timing windows.

thanks guys, i've played the pvp on the beta and didn't liked so the lag there doesn't matter to me. as long as i can play with people here on pve it's fine.

Now I'm sitting in the office and thinking about that IB shotgun.
Maybe I should buy since I'm already at rank 4.
Is it possible to get like 10k glimmer before IB vendor is gone?

Just saw the 5th Hawkmoon drop of Iron Banner. 3/5 times it's gone to the person in last place on the losing team.

ixuZXMCEHE2Su.gif

lol glad Still There? is getting some love :p Seems appropriate for our current down time, especially if OT18 lasts a while...

Not sure about group farm.
Is there a good solo method?

First mission on Mars, called Exclusion Zone, go until Dinklebot opens a big door, the music starts up, and then some drop ships come in. Run past the first groups of enemies until a drop ship comes with 9 (?) Cabal majors, kill all then die and respawn and do it again. Make sure to pop the Cabal glimmer consumable, w/e it's called. It is very boring and inefficient compared to normal GKeepers with a group of 4+ from around here, but perfectly serviceable for some limited solo farming.

First mission on Mars, called Exclusion Zone, go until Dinklebot opens a big door, the music starts up, and then some drop ships come in. Run past the first groups of enemies until a drop ship comes with 9 (?) Cabal majors, kill all then die and respawn and do it again. Make sure to pop the Cabal glimmer consumable, w/e it's called. It is very boring and inefficient compared to normal GKeepers with a group of 4+ from around here, but perfectly serviceable for some limited solo farming.
Thanks, I'll try this first.

Mindlog

The Necrochasm needs a damage boost, but even then it's never going to get the TTK it needs to succeed because of PvP. For that reason we need to look at Bad Juju. First the obvious choices. Necrochasm should get Grenadier and Outlaw type perks. Now let's throw in those weapon lore quirks. Ghost isn't a Necrochasm fan so while the weapon is active you can't activate your Ghost and your radar is disabled.

Then we can start getting into weird bonuses that play with the Super Bar.
Light Eater - Every kill drains super and increases the size of your next clip.
Light Starved - Damaging other Guardians drains their super and increases your own.
Cannibal - Your super energy reserve dictates the likelihood of a Thrall explosion.
Eternity - With maximum super energy Necrochasm no longer needs to be reloaded. Using a super drains all of your ammo.

You know. The kind of stuff that makes Bad Juju useful, but hardly every used in PvP.

E92 M3

The Necrochasm needs a damage boost, but even then it's never going to get the TTK it needs to succeed because of PvP. For that reason we need to look at Bad Juju. First the obvious choices. Necrochasm should get Grenadier and Outlaw type perks. Now let's throw in those weapon lore quirks. Ghost isn't a Necrochasm fan so while the weapon is active you can't activate your Ghost and your radar is disabled.

Then we can start getting into weird bonuses that play with the Super Bar.
Light Eater - Every kill drains super and increases the size of your next clip.
Light Starved - Damaging other Guardians drains their super and increases your own.
Cannibal - Your super energy reserve dictates the likelihood of a Thrall explosion.
Eternity - With maximum super energy Necrochasm no longer needs to be reloaded. Using a super drains all of your ammo.

You know. The kind of stuff that makes Bad Juju useful, but hardly every used in PvP.

Something like that. I wrote about the Necrochasm being something like Akujiki to make it balanced. Feed it with death and the power grows, but when you're killing it hurts your health.

Top Bottom