• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: speaking of which, almost forgot I got #6 this morning...

B_KoIvRXIAALSRr.jpg:large

Really, right now? Really?

When I was Hornless, I would probably feel the same :/

Yeah... yeah... I'm only half-joking.

As a hornless guy myself, yeah, no, don't reschedule.
... I always tell myself weeks with lots of people getting Horn statistically mean there are less chances for me to actually get one also... :D

Shockingly, I didn't reschedule. Normally, the "lower brain" screams the loudest but doesn't get his way (
that's a lie
) and my upper brain vetoes any stupid decisions... but tonight, lower brain is getting his way. Upper brain is actually nodding in approval.

As a hornless guy myself, yeah, no, don't reschedule.
... I always tell myself weeks with lots of people getting Horn statistically mean there are less chances for me to actually get one also... :D

The week before TDB came out, it seemed like everyone in GAF was getting a Gjallarhorn. I told my friend about how it seemed like the odds of getting one were good but he didn't think so. Sure enough, later that week I got my first one.

Yeah... yeah... I'm only half-joking.

Shockingly, I didn't reschedule. Normally, the "lower brain" screams the loudest but doesn't get his way (
that's a lie
) and my upper brain vetoes any stupid decisions... but tonight, lower brain is getting his way. Upper brain is actually nodding in approval.

I got it. Pull a Jimmy Fallon and have her watch you Nightfall first. That will get her in the mood. Two birds with one stone. You're welcome.

Hey Gaf I brought Destiny at launch, got to lvl 20 and stop playing. Want to get back into it any tips for me.

Theres a useful guide in the first post, might be "outdated" due to the expansion but the ideas and principles should be the same.

I'm down for this. I don't need the loot but I miss VOG. Can't do it anytime soon though. Maybe in a few hours

No problem. You can also ask a group here to carry you through normal crota
Gotcha, let me know.

Sweet, thanks!
I can carry you thro CE if theres a group whenever.

edit: The min level is 27, of course you wont be able to "play" the game since you're are squishy. Well dont think you can even dmg the adds during the outstanding dance that the famous Dj Scrota throws for the guardians at the end.

See... these days are just awful for me. I'm supposed to have a date tonight and instead I'm actually thinking about rescheduling for tomorrow night so I can run NFs and all the other reset stuff tonight because Horns seem to be dropping all over the place.

To review:

Potential horn > getting laid
Pretty sure your dick is going to rebel against you soon if you don't stop this line of thinking.

ocean

Banned
Thunderlord, Hard Light and Necrochasm are the only 3 weapons I'm missing. HL and the Nec I don't care about, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't peanut-butter & jealous earlier when a guy got 2 Lords in a single Crota run. Dupes for him.

Thunderlord, Hard Light and Necrochasm are the only 3 weapons I'm missing. HL and the Nec I don't care about, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't peanut-butter & jealous earlier when a guy got 2 Lords in a single Crota run. Dupes for him.

Hahaha, yeah Kartik got two.

Who here have all exotic armour and weapons?

I just need Red Death and I will have every exotic weapon, and I have every exotic armour piece as of this past Friday (Arachnid purchased from Xur and Skull from one of the two Helmet engrams I purchased from him).

edit: lol Ray, part of fun of sharing Gorgons CP is killing yourself in entertaining ways.

Jesus what was suros like before the nerf. Second game with it and I get 6005 points.

You mean what was it like before the three nerfs? o_O

Thank for Gorgon cp again, Drizzay! I love my new shards and energies :p

Np, I'm sure they will be your favorite ass in your whole stack!

Going to shut down Gorgons now-ish but obviously lots of people have the CP so shouldn't be hard to find it this week.

I know a lot of DGAF is prepping to become Bloodborne GAF later this month but I couldn't help but think we could transition into a little Helldivers GAF in the meantime too? Picked it up today, looking forward to playing it after work. Looks like some solid co-op fun.

Also FYI Ray- WoL doesn't work on rocket launchers :p

But wtf was up with that second Gorgon? We (mainly you) killed one but I tried to shoot the second guy (one of the stationary Hard-mode-only Gorgons) and all hit markers were immune??? I know they get stronger but I also know you can usually kill lots of them.... damnit VoG, stop pretending like you have more secrets to reveal instead of just Bungie spaghetti code making me get my hopes up....

GlamFM

Banned
I know a lot of DGAF is prepping to become Bloodborne GAF later this month but I couldn't help but think we could transition into a little Helldivers GAF in the meantime too? Picked it up today, looking forward to playing it after work. Looks like some solid co-op fun.

Oh I'm in. Euro GAF, I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Watching some Inferno streams...so much camping and sniping, lol.

And people can't break the habit of crouching even though there's no radar haha

PuMa

I'll definitely be getting it as well. Looks like a ton of fun.

Also FYI Ray- WoL doesn't work on rocket launchers :p

But wtf was up with that second Gorgon? We (mainly you) killed one but I tried to shoot the second guy (one of the stationary Hard-mode-only Gorgons) and all hit markers were immune??? I know they get stronger but I also know you can usually kill lots of them.... damnit VoG, stop pretending like you have more secrets to reveal instead of just Bungie spaghetti code making me get my hopes up....

The gorgons dont get stronger, they just rise from the grave as zombie gorgons!
They just keep respawning
Trying to find the video, where a group I was with manage to kill 5 gorgons on HM.

edit: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgosj_XrxxM

5sk with headshots and it could cross map. using cover, i could kill 4 people without reloading.

the mythoclast was even worse (kinda still is): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBBDXr8QLU. toe to toe with Suros, it only lost at range.

More importantly: how was your team losing when you had the Vex and they had you? :)

I miss that 56 mag. I just wish they would buff the base damage back to OP values for PvE, but I know they consider it "left behind in VoG" and will probably never touch it again.

The gorgons dont get stronger, they just rise from the grave as zombie gorgons!
They just keep respawning
Trying to find the video, where a group I was with manage to kill 5 gorgons on HM.

Yeah I know they keep respawing, lol @ zombie Gorgons though. Did you kill one or more of the stationary Hard-only ones though?

The reason I'm curious is that one of the VoG-secrets theories revolves around finding the one non-immortal Gorgon that would parallel Medusa from the original Greek myth. Since all the Gorgons respawn this is considered "immortal" but if one or more was "immune" to all damage ??EXCEPT THE RELIC?? then it would be similar to Medusa being killed by the Aegis in the myth. Yeah, it's a crack pot theory but more interesting than anything else I can do in the game nowadays...

edit: also it's based on needing to add Medusa's head to the Aegis to complete it, i.e. kill the one non-immortal Gorgon with a relic. Once again: crack pot but fun to think about

Deadman

5sk with headshots and it could cross map. using cover, i could kill 4 people without reloading.

the mythoclast was even worse (kinda still is): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBBDXr8QLU. toe to toe with Suros, it only lost at range.

You mean what was it like before the three nerfs? o_O

A scout rifle that shoots like an Auto Rifle.

Yeah now that I have it I understand the nerfs. Still wish they hadn't hit the other auto rifles so hard though.

I'll definitely be getting it as well. Looks like a ton of fun.

Oh I'm in. Euro GAF, I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Nice! This is the first time I've been part of a game community on GAF where I want to try to play other games with the same people. Fireteams who work well together would probably translate to Helldivers based on the impressions and gameplay vids I've seen. Always on friendly fire should be pretty great.

Yeah I know they keep respawing, lol @ zombie Gorgons though. Did you kill one or more of the stationary Hard-only ones though?

The reason I'm curious is that one of the VoG-secrets theories revolves around finding the one non-immortal Gorgon that would parallel Medusa from the original Greek myth. Since all the Gorgons respawn this is considered "immortal" but if one or more was "immune" to all damage ??EXCEPT THE RELIC?? then it would be similar to Medusa being killed by the Aegis in the myth. Yeah, it's a crack pot theory but more interesting than anything else I can do in the game nowadays...

edit: also it's based on needing to add Medusa's head to the Aegis to complete it, i.e. kill the one non-immortal Gorgon with a relic. Once again: crack pot but fun to think about
Yep, got one of the stationary gorgons. He couldnt see what was coming ;) haha

Nice! This is the first time I've been part of a game community on GAF where I want to try to play other games with the same people. Fireteams who work well together would probably translate to Helldivers based on the impressions and gameplay vids I've seen. Always on friendly fire should be pretty great.

agreed, I enjoy destinygaf and I mention it before, this thread feels like my "home thread" on neogaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom