• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you what is funny. By the time I get a Gjallahorn, the house of wolves will be out, and Bungie will have found a way to make it useless.

I have such garbage luck, and I am getting depressed.

Gorgon 1: Monte Carlo
Gorgon 2: suros

Why couldn't it have happened before the nerf :(

Yeah. I've been playing with the Monte Carlo as I level it up and it's making me want to shard it more than anything. It's useless. I can't kill anyone in PvP in a face-off and it takes an entire clip to kill tier 1 enemies in PVE. I might go ahead and shard it anyways as I'm not a collector and I need exotic shards for a couple pieces of armor.

phen0m24

I'm so low on Glimmer I might just take up sitting in some corner at the tower and hoping people toss their money at me.

Or, or, or...

You could throw up a post saying:

GLIMMER POOR - NEED Normal GK Checkpoint and some fellow glimmer-farmers.

There are many people possibly in the same situation after their recent IB purchases. :)

Gatekeeper farming is infinitely more fun
with friends
than listening to that annoying Exclusion Zone music for the 1000th time - ugh

stb

For PVP yeah it was broken, for PVE I think it was just fine. But since Bungie just refuses to separate all weapons balance like they did for shotguns. It's basically useless in PVE.

Fair point; I was only commenting on the PVP, and should have specified that.

I'm not sure there's any such thing as broken for PVE. Unless there was a primary that cleared rooms with a single trigger pull or something that reduced NF/WH/Raid content to the difficulty level of patrols.

phen0m24

Separately
(warns Checkpoint up front) :p
I'm thinking about getting my kids a Wii U.

My 10 year old has played Destiny way too much. He has a Level 30+ on the 360 now - this after raiding and getting a Hunter to 32 on PS4.

Methinks some Mario Kart or Zelda Wii U or Mario 3D Land would be a nice switch for a while. What do you guys think? Hudson, Jaaz, Ghaleon
#ParentGAF
do you guys rock multiple consoles, and especially the Wii U?

removed edit for new post :p

I tested this, one of the two numbers a rocket impact generates isn't affected whilethe other one is. so it's like a 15% total buff instead of what it should be but it does still improve.

I got 2909 as the static dmg output
916 without WoL
1236 with WoL

Wolfpack/2nd dmgNum alone is about 35% increase (916 * 1.35 = 1236)
Overall (3825 * 1.083 = 4145) for about 8.3%

Does that sound right?

ocean

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK

8. 8 OF THESE DAMN THINGS. WHY.

KdrZ0Z.gif

4 IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS. THEY FOLLOW ME AROUND.

Random my friggin ass.

Required:
dilbert.jpg

So I've never done the nightfall but I have 2 lvl 30s. Would anyone be willing to help me and a friend through it with a little patience? :p

We are on xb1. Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got 2909 as the static dmg output
916 without WoL
1236 with WoL

Wolfpack/2nd dmgNum alone is about 35% increase (916 * 1.35 = 1236)
Overall (3825 * 1.083 = 4145) for about 8.3%

Does that sound right?
Yeah,I guess I was probably using illuminated so it does sound right. This gjally was shooting with no Wolfpack rounds so it acted just as any other launcher would.

phen0m24

or something that reduced NF/WH/Raid content to the difficulty level of patrols.
I have experienced this, having raided with Dhruv, the DRIZZY™, Hawk-"2-Sword"ian, RthrillafromMaNilla, SpamR2asaurus, and I have faced the Twilight Gap™ in Salvage
to disastrous results
Lethal weapons all. :) Do they count?

SaganIsGOAT

I figured I would ask here. Long story short job ended last month and I have medical bills to pay. I won these Destiny Headphones at PAX Prime last fall. I have barely used them. I am selling my PS4 so I will be selling these as well. Is it scummy to attempt to sell them on GAF even though I won them? I just want honest opinions even if they are brutal.

Deadman

Yeah. I've been playing with the Monte Carlo as I level it up and it's making me want to shard it more than anything. It's useless. I can't kill anyone in PvP in a face-off and it takes an entire clip to kill tier 1 enemies in PVE. I might go ahead and shard it anyways as I'm not a collector and I need exotic shards for a couple pieces of armor.

Yeah its not very good, a shame really.

Im always scared to shard things that I only have 1 of though, just incase they do a big buff like pulse rifles/shotguns.

phen0m24

I figured I would ask here. Long story short job ended last month and I have medical bills to pay. I won these Destiny Headphones at PAX Prime last fall. I have barely used them. I am selling my PS4 so I will be selling these as well. Is it scummy to attempt to sell them on GAF even though I won them? I just want honest opinions even if they are brutal.

Dude I would say no because DGAF might be more likely to help you out, because of your situation and because they
WANT
could use the
EXCLUSIVE
headphones.

Wouldn't fault you in the slightest

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'm also going to be looking for an experienced group for another 2-sword HM Crota kill at some point.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 3/5 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

ocean

Banned

Of course it's not scummy. It's yours and if you want to sell it, I don't see why anyone would find that objectionable. It's not like you hoarded a collector's item just to scalp it. I wish you the best of luck with your health and bills. I I were in the US I'd make you an offer for those headphones myself :)

Yeah,I guess I was probably using illuminated so it does sound right. This gjally was shooting with no Wolfpack rounds so it acted just as any other launcher would.

Definitely some scenarios where the 8.3% * # of users * # of rockets helps. Still interesting :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good chance for me to pay a favor foward- I'll gladly buy them from you as though they were new. Just let me know how and how much.

Sorry about the unpleasant turn of events, I hope things look up soon.

Lol, Heart of Praxic Fire from Nightfall, just after buying from Xur. At least it is a better stat roll with max 160 Disc.

That's awesome. Once you have it, the "factor" that you can obtain it goes up (at least it seems that way). Cue TLord for "Pathogen"

edit: huge upgrade from 118 Disc. I bought HoPF from Xur, finally obtaining it, but I'm waiting myself for Xur to have the upgrade as he's had a few times. That's probably what IGN was talking about in their podcast about HoPF rofl. Not stopping me from starting to level it up just in case.

Just got settled into my new place and ready for the nightfalls. Anyone care to group up for a few runs?

EDIT: Any gorgon checkpoints? lol

Separately
(warns Checkpoint up front) :p
I'm thinking about getting my kids a Wii U.

My 10 year old has played Destiny way too much. He has a Level 30+ on the 360 now - this after raiding and getting a Hunter to 32 on PS4.

Methinks some Mario Kart or Zelda Wii U or Mario 3D Land would be a nice switch for a while. What do you guys think? Hudson, Jaaz, Ghaleon
#ParentGAF
do you guys rock multiple consoles, and especially the Wii U?

removed edit for new post :p

I want to, but I know that they won't have any interest. It's hard to get them off of Destiny and Minecraft and make them play on their DS's. They never touched the OG Wii and always gravitated toward the 360. I'm sure it's my fault for starting them out with stuff like Portal. It's hard to go backward to cartoony and (with the OG Wii) low res games.

SaganIsGOAT

Dude I would say no because DGAF might be more likely to help you out, because of your situation and because they
WANT
could use the
EXCLUSIVE
headphones.

Wouldn't fault you in the slightest

Of course it's not scummy. It's yours and if you want to sell it, I don't see why anyone would find that objectionable. It's not like you hoarded a collector's item just to scalp it. I wish you the best of luck with your health and bills. I I were in the US I'd make you an offer for those headphones myself :)

Good chance for me to pay a favor foward- I'll gladly buy them from you as though they were new. Just let me know how and how much.

Sorry about the unpleasant turn of events, I hope things look up soon.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess just PM me Hawk?

milkham

they still work on pc and ps3 though if you don't sell them. i dont see any problem with selling them

Mindlog

Walked in on first Nightfall cleanup duty. No Land Beyond Shards.

The Assassination public event is kind of silly now. Popped heavy ammo because that's what I always do. 1Gjallarhorn took down the Cabal target's shields. The rest was shotgun. Really still can't believe they made shotguns this strong without a few incremental steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom