• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYTHINGS LOOKING UP BREEZY 2 PURPLE ENGRAMS ONE AFTER ANOTHER

Ok guys I know you've been waiting for the *exciting* decryption of my 2 engrams, here is what I got~
Purple Glove Engram-FUCKING RAKU VINDICATOR FUCK YEAH DESTINY
Heavy Weapon Purple Engram-AGAINST ALL ODDS WHOOO

yeah Destiny didn't fuck me over~ LOVE IT

ich00

Need help dgaf: I have a vendor felwinter's from the last iron banner and I just rolled a new one with void, hammer forged/flared magwell and full auto. My gut says keep it for pve since I already have the shot package version. Thoughts?

patchday

Yeah its how I got all light 36 for my Titan, the three IB pieces from last time and this time plus exotic helm.

I wish they always did this. Never really liked being shoved into the raid to reach max level. Just help reinforce Destiny is more pve focused then anything. I live both pvp/pve equally

Rehsa

I wish they always did this. Never really liked being shoved into the raid to reach max level. Just help reinforce Destiny is more pve focused then anything. I live both pvp/pve equally

Yeah. I wonder when they will release the helm, would like a full set.

Dunlop

You mean the Eris missions that involve Xur?
What do you mean by "do the expansion"?
Sorry my phone crapped out, want to do the weekly on my apt. I destroyed the soul Crystal but it still says I do not quality. Xur is gone until next week and I recall those missions sucking lol

shem935

Banned
Never used it..what happen?

Level 31 and 32 guardians not knowing they need to shoot oracles while fighting atheon, trying out no land beyond on crota for fun and then dying while acting like a jackass, getting bitchy about me helping them on oracles in the portals because they were falling behind.

Deku Tree

Sorry my phone crapped out, want to do the weekly on my apt. I destroyed the soul Crystal but it still says I do not quality. Xur is gone until next week and I recall those missions sucking lol

You have to finish the main Eris quest line to unlock the Omnigul strike. But I don't think the main Eris quest line involves talking to Xur. Only the side Eris quest to get some 33 light gloves requres Xur. I don't remember completely but I unlocked it on the Tuesday that it came out when Xur wasn't even around yet...

BTW only the fire team leader needs to have the Omnigul strike unlocked. So if you match up with someone here who has done in then your good to go.

Level 31 and 32 guardians not knowing they need to shoot oracles while fighting atheon, trying out no land beyond on crota for fun and then dying while acting like a jackass, getting bitchy about me helping them on oracles in the portals because they were falling behind.

Yeah I never use LFG. It's too easy to end up with a horrible group.

I'm liking Three Little Words so far. The low RoF is throwing me off a bit, but it's also letting me use Thunderlord in Crucible, which is just too delicious to pass up.

thats rough :/ always heard good and bad things about LFG. Its a shame since there is alot less "active players" than before , still very active compare to other threads :p, on DestinyGaf now.

shem935

Banned
thats rough :/ always heard good and bad things about LFG. Its a shame since there is alot less "active players" than before , still very active compare to other threads :p, on DestinyGaf now.

Very hit and miss. Had really good groups which I have ended up raiding with regularly but it is too inconsistent.

so doing IB pvp and pvp in general

I've realized how fucked the PVP is

just because people can start with shotguns. And it just happens that all the IB maps-as well as a majority of the maps are close quarters. If they had more open maps like the moon(But even then the points for control on that one, and where everyone fights are done in the tight spaces), it might be better but it seems that the most popular maps are the enclosed spaces.

It's like....a no win scenario if you're not employing shotguns. And it's lame. Not only that but people die too fast unlike Halo, where you can spar more with weapons(Well...Halo 3).

It makes IB lame IMO. I *have* to use my shotgun and run around like a headless chicken in order to help out my team.

patchday

just because people can start with shotguns. And it just happens that all the IB maps-as well as a majority of the maps are close quarters. If they had more open maps like the moon(But even then the points for control on that one, and where everyone fights are done in the tight spaces), it might be better but it seems that the most popular maps are the enclosed spaces.

It's like....a no win scenario if you're not employing shotguns. And it's lame. Not only that but people die too fast unlike Halo, where you can spar more with weapons(Well...Halo 3).

It makes IB lame IMO. I *have* to use my shotgun and run around like a headless chicken in order to help out my team.

Are you playing Control? These maps work a little better in Clash. But still no high enough ceilings and wide enough for the movement powers. It's like they designed the maps for Halo

Ganhyun

The PVP is better than the trash that is Advanced Warfare.

Navy Bean

That about sums it up... I still play it but it's a hot mess.

On the smaller maps I always employ TLW as a shotty counter measure. Just gotta be careful around corners. Love seeing bull rushing titans and blinking hunters n warlocks drop before they get their shot off.

"Yours... Not Mine"

Are you playing Control? These maps work a little better in Clash. But still no high enough ceilings and wide enough for the movement powers. It's like they designed the maps for Halo

I'm playing Iron Banner, which is all Control. And yeah, I have that same feeling about the Halo remark..it's like, if they limited the ammo shotguns started with to 0, it'd be much better. Make green boxes rarer.

I disagree, AW is fast and arcadey. The difference between AW and Destiny is that one has fast vertical/horizontal movement than the other, you die fast enough in both games.

That about sums it up... I still play it but it's a hot mess.

Yeah, I'm grinding IB and...these flaws are glaring.

On the smaller maps I always employ TLW as a shotty counter measure. Just gotta be careful around corners. Love seeing bull rushing titans and blinking hunters n warlocks drop before they get their shot off.

"Yours... Not Mine"

Yeah, I actually switched to my pre TDB Last Word and it's enjoyable. Because it's a revolver I suppose, and I enjoy them.

patchday

I disagree. pvp'ers have always been second class citizens here. You can't even vote for map (a basic feature even Halo had)

This coming from someone who's been here since launch with DGAF. Multiple 32s.

I play this game for PVE for the most part. For pvp, I'd say almost any shooter is better (CoD: AW included!)

- Instakills from supers that you have NO defense against (like Warlock nukes unless lucky Titan bubble)
- Low ceilings which mess up triple jump & Blinks
- lack of map voting
- cannot talk by default. So usually no way to tell randoms not to loot Heavy ammo when you're right around the corner
- Cannot spawn on a friend (Halo & Battlefield games have this)

Just so many basic features we enjoyed in Halo I could weep

Still I like to play the pvp here every so often because it is fun.

[edit] What really super pisses me off is that a triple jump or Blink CAN save you from a warlock Nuke if the darn ceilings in these maps were Higher!!! This is why when my pvp group played we'd do CLASH. Because in some maps you can fight outdoors and use a bit more skill to avoid nukes

Homeboyd

I wish I could pick up bounties without going to the tower.
Please let me pick up bounties with the mobile app Bungie!
Yes. Pick them up, turn them in, and swap them between characters without losing progress (via the vault).

Same with Xur. Need to be able to buy gear from Xur via the app. Though I certainly understand how much they love the fact Xur gets people to sign in to go to the tower each Friday.

Before too long, the tower will become useless.

Having only started playing again three weeks ago, this feels pretty good:

8p6qULS.jpg

My Hunter was lvl 14 when I stopped playing, but now has become legend. I don't really care about the raid gear this time around, I'll get back into that once House of Wolves comes out. For now, this is nice. Now I just need to finish leveling up my Bladedancer.

Ghazi

Bungie needs to patch all the technical problems the bone has. The game will crash the entire OS from time to time and I'll have to do a hard reboot. Not including the frequent rubberbanding, crashing, and disconnects the game is a technical mess. This only happens in Crucible. I have never had a single day where the game has not crashed in some form.

So much for parity and Digital Foundry did a great job not finding any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom