• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

I disagree, AW is fast and arcadey. The difference between AW and Destiny is that one has fast vertical/horizontal movement than the other, you die fast enough in both games.

I disagree. pvp'ers have always been second class citizens here. You can't even vote for map (a basic feature even Halo had)

This coming from someone who's been here since launch with DGAF. Multiple 32s.

I play this game for PVE for the most part. For pvp, I'd say almost any shooter is better (CoD: AW included!)

- Instakills from supers that you have NO defense against (like Warlock nukes unless lucky Titan bubble)
- Low ceilings which mess up triple jump & Blinks
- lack of map voting
- cannot talk by default. So usually no way to tell randoms not to loot Heavy ammo when you're right around the corner
- Cannot spawn on a friend (Halo & Battlefield games have this)

Just so many basic features we enjoyed in Halo I could weep

Still I like to play the pvp here every so often because it is fun.

[edit] What really super pisses me off is that a triple jump or Blink CAN save you from a warlock Nuke if the darn ceilings in these maps were Higher!!! This is why when my pvp group played we'd do CLASH. Because in some maps you can fight outdoors and use a bit more skill to avoid nukes

As someone who fucking hates CoD, even AW is better than Destiny's multiplayer.

I respectfully disagree with you all. While it can be annoying with being super killed, at least Destiny, for the most part, doesn't spawn an enemy right behind you when you just spawned. I loved previous COD games. I agree some stuff, like map voting, is missing, but I find most of the maps to actually be bigger than the COD maps in AW. I guess to each their own?

Silav101

This iron banner, man. I bet the hard mode raid in the next xpac will be against the House of Felwinter, featuring sliding, blink-blinking Fallen ultra vandal reavers, armed with shotguns with the range of scout rifles.

E92 M3

Did you guy ever think what is the point of exotic shards for weapons? The damage increase is proportionate to the other nodes and in most cases it's not necessary to max. Shouldn't exotic shards at least double the damage increase from the other nodes? Otherwise, as it stands, they are just an arbitrary item with minimal use except for armor.

Bungie needs to patch all the technical problems the bone has. The game will crash the entire OS from time to time and I'll have to do a hard reboot. Not including the frequent rubberbanding, crashing, and disconnects the game is a technical mess. This only happens in Crucible. I have never had a single day where the game has not crashed in some form.

So much for parity and Digital Foundry did a great job not finding any of this.

Only in Crucible? Lol. I never play Crucible and I still average about ten disconnects per day. Bungie says it's my setup. When that ends up being fine, they say it's my ISP. My ISP says it's Bungie. I've had days where I'll load up the game and get weaseled in the first five minutes.

ocean

Banned
This iron banner, man. I bet the hard mode raid in the next xpac will be against the House of Felwinter, featuring sliding, blink-blinking Fallen ultra vandal reavers, armed with shotguns with the range of scout rifles.
They'll blink into a one-shot Felwinter kill.

ocean

Banned
Did you guy ever think what is the point of exotic shards for weapons? The damage increase is proportionate to the other nodes and in most cases it's not necessary to max. Shouldn't exotic shards at least double the damage increase from the other nodes? Otherwise, as it stands, they are just an arbitrary item with minimal use except for armor.
The same as every other arbitrary as hell esoteric upgrade material. Like Ass at launch and Radiants a few months ago, it's meant to make upgrading harder. Which I wouldn't mind if the system weren't so damn messy with so many different items :p

they seem to prey on my ocd

I need that yellow box outline

For Felwinters Lie, I rolled luck in the chamber, hammer forged, and feeding frenzy. Keep or roll again for a HF + Shot Package/Rangefinder combo?

For Felwinters Lie, I rolled luck in the chamber, hammer forged, and feeding frenzy. Keep or roll again for a HF + Shot Package/Rangefinder combo?

id go for shot package

i personally like the combination of shot package + snapshot.. drawing the weapon fast can make the difference between a "trade" kill

speaking of which I've been using quickdraw on blade dancer per unstable's suggestion.. really nice

Silav101

> felwinter's lie
My rage is like unto the power of a thousand suns.

That aside, luck in the chamber, Hf and shot package, especially for pvp.

E92 M3

The same as every other arbitrary as hell esoteric upgrade material. Like Ass at launch and Radiants a few months ago, it's meant to make upgrading harder. Which I wouldn't mind if the system weren't so damn messy with so many different items :p

Well ass was at least used for the last 3 nodes. Eshards are just one node that grants no special properties lol.

they seem to prey on my ocd

I need that yellow box outline

I like that yellow box, but only for weapons I actively use.

I got Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package for my Fellwinter's Lie...

But I didn't get any range on it (I think my options for that tree are +2 agility, switch weapons faster, and some other thing).

I really need range on my shotguns, so I'm probably going to re-roll. So close :/

Magik

LOL at the idea that Destiny PvP is actually good.

It's utter trash. You can easily tell they scrapped together everything in a short amount of time by how poorly designed every map is as well as the non-existent game balance. Look at how broken the Hunter supers are and tell me there was some actually thought behind it for PvP.

I understand the spawning issues in CoD but please don't think that spawns in Destiny are great cause they are not.

ocean

Banned
Felwinter Roll:

Return to Sender (ammo direct to clip on kills)
Flared Magwell (fast reload)
Shot Package (yeah)

I'd like a range perk but I don't wanna lose that Shot Package goodness. Your take?

Shito

Bungie needs to patch all the technical problems the bone has. The game will crash the entire OS from time to time and I'll have to do a hard reboot. Not including the frequent rubberbanding, crashing, and disconnects the game is a technical mess. This only happens in Crucible. I have never had a single day where the game has not crashed in some form.

So much for parity and Digital Foundry did a great job not finding any of this.
Sorry to tell you this, but this probably comes from your console: never had one crash in more than 600 hours of play.
And as someone who watches and read a lot of people playing this game, I've never heard of this. As much flaws as the game can have, stability is not one. :/

EDIT: oh you're on Xbox? PS4 here, so I can't comment on that personally. But one of the best PVP players streams himself on Xbox one, and I've never seen or heard him talk about a crash.

edornob

Finally hit rank 4 of IB. Is there a point to get to rank 5? I mainly did it to get the gear as I'm unsure how good the weapons are

Finally hit rank 4 of IB. Is there a point to get to rank 5? I mainly did it to get the gear as I'm unsure how good the weapons are

the auto rifles not worth it but

you can get rank 5 and do the reset glitch next time

also, goldspiral looks really cool with the warlock IB chest imo

Anilusion

I hit rank 5 today trying to get the shotgun. The Auto Rifle is really bad but it's also really fun to use, it does almost no damage but the magazine is HUGE and it fires soooo fast.

the auto rifles not worth it but

you can get rank 5 and do the reset glitch next time

also, goldspiral looks really cool with the warlock IB chest imo

Wanna explain that glitch? :p

Ugh it'd take about 48 crucible matches to get rank 5

at an average of 10 minutes per match

that's 480 minutes or 8 hours of just crucible

Why does it take so damn long

Edit-with the current temperered buff

they should make the last day 200%, not 160%

who the hell thought 160% was a good number to end on

ocean

Banned
I hit rank 5 today trying to get the shotgun. The Auto Rifle is really bad but it's also really fun to use, it does almost no damage but the magazine is HUGE and it fires soooo fast.

Next time IB comes be in orbit during reset and go into the tower a minute after reset time. IB vendor will be there but since you haven't logged out you'll still have your rank from previous IB. I tried this time and couldn't though. I got errors trying to go to tower, had to log out and come back so I lost my rank.

from reddit:

Here's a reminder for the Iron Banner reset for tomorrow. Also made a video about it but it just states what is written below.

https://youtu.be/YeSgtKNz1jY

Get online and floating in Orbit at 3:55 CT (Five or so minutes before reset.)

Wait until refresh, Tower should say "Requirements not Met"

Press start and switch one random piece of gear.

You should now have access to Tower. Go to Lord Saladin and your rank from last Iron Banner should stay.

Make sure when you are in Orbit, do NOT do anything else, do not travel anywhere other than tower and do NOT click the Crucible Playlist button. Doing so will reset your rank.

i went too soon this time.. the door was still closed for me

but it worked for several people here

Agent

It amazes me how annoying it can be to play with randoms who insist on going for flags when the team already has two capped. Especially on maps where it will flip the spawn to undesired results. When you see randoms do dumb things it makes me wonder how anyone can advocate for raid matchmaking.

I just tried the Felwinter's for the first time in Rumble and took one very small step toward that Grimoire completion.

My one gripe is that the gun fires slower than a rocket launcher. If I don't kill in the first shot, I just get up and grab a glass of water because I know I won't be allowed to pull the trigger again until then. Is there any perk to counteract this other than full-auto? And does full-auto make that much of a difference? I've never really rolled with a shotty before, so I'm trying to find what works best for me, and the slow rof is maddening to me.

Ghazi

lel 8 hours of Iron Banner today trying to get a Felwinter's and I didn't get it. RIP.

Only in Crucible? Lol. I never play Crucible and I still average about ten disconnects per day. Bungie says it's my setup. When that ends up being fine, they say it's my ISP. My ISP says it's Bungie. I've had days where I'll load up the game and get weaseled in the first five minutes.

Yeah, their servers suck.

Silav101

I just tried the Felwinter's for the first time in Rumble and took one very small step toward that Grimoire completion.

My one gripe is that the gun fires slower than a rocket launcher. If I don't kill in the first shot, I just get up and grab a glass of water because I know I won't be allowed to pull the trigger again until then. Is there any perk to counteract this other than full-auto? And does full-auto make that much of a difference? I've never really rolled with a shotty before, so I'm trying to find what works best for me, and the slow rof is maddening to me.
Full auto only makes Sense on shotties with a high rof (invective, found verdict, shame swordbreaker doesnt have it).

Felwinter's power is the immense base range and ability to roll shot package. If invective is an auto rifle, felwinter is a sniper rifle.

And it fucking feels that way, this iron banner. Man, screw that shotgun so hard.

Ugh it'd take about 48 crucible matches to get rank 5

at an average of 10 minutes per match

that's 480 minutes or 8 hours of just crucible

Why does it take so damn long

Edit-with the current temperered buff

they should make the last day 200%, not 160%

who the hell thought 160% was a good number to end on

Bounties get the same percentage buff with Tempering. +200 today. +250 tomorrow. That is a ton of rep with 6 bounties per day.

No gun is worth 8 hours of crucible. Not even a billion gjallarhorns of each element.

Yeah like....I'm at rank 3 right now about 1/5th to rank 4...and like...I don't wanna do it anymore. It's killing me, homeboy.

Bounties get the same percentage buff with Tempering. +200 today. +250 tomorrow. That is a ton of rep with 6 bounties per day.

I'M NOT GONNA SPEND HOURS TRYING TO GET HEADSHOTS OR 10 KILLS NO DEATH

It hurts mang. It's like...I don't wanna do that. it's not fun.

Also I still find it funny that they have never done a Queens Wrath event ever since the first one.

This means that literally nobody has her shader or emblem since it was impossible to reach rank 3

yeah, the 10 kills bounty can be a challenge for many, I have only complete it one day this week, but the others aren't bad at all. I can usually get the other 5 in a 1 hour session.

Shito

Best thing about Black Hammer is that his unique perk is the first bubble to unlock, and its "complimentary" one (mulligan) is the one further away in the tree.
All exotics should work like that really, would have made the transition to TDB less painful, and it would help motivate the players to try out their new weapons more.

ocean

Banned
Yeah like....I'm at rank 3 right now about 1/5th to rank 4...and like...I don't wanna do it anymore. It's killing me, homeboy.

The headshot one you'll fet without working for it. Just pick it up and after some matches it'll pop up. Likewise the 10k XP and probably melee / Dead Man's Hand. Just play and watch them slowly fill up. That 10 kill streak one can be a bit hard though. Tip: it doesn't have to be in one match and kills after the match is done count. Once the winner is proclaimed if you're lucky you can get in a few kills before the character freezes and then just finish up by playing safe the next match :)

But yeah the IB grind is crazy. All I like about it is it's the only way I force myself into making some Crucible Marks.

I wanna have 200 Crucible and 200 Vanguard Makes on each character by when HoW drops for an automatic gear overhaul at reset. If there is an interesting Hand Cannon or Scout I'd use my scrub Warlock's marks and upgrade him later :p

Shito

I wanna have 200 Crucible and 200 Vanguard Makes on each character by when HoW drops for an automatic gear overhaul at reset. If there is an interesting Hand Cannon or Scout I'd use my scrub Warlock's marks and upgrade him later :p
Seems like the vendors won't be selling gears to get you to 33 this time around though, if we are to believe what they said about not repeating that "mistake"...

patchday

I respectfully disagree with you all. While it can be annoying with being super killed, at least Destiny, for the most part, doesn't spawn an enemy right behind you when you just spawned. I loved previous COD games. I agree some stuff, like map voting, is missing, but I find most of the maps to actually be bigger than the COD maps in AW. I guess to each their own?

Haha just saw your CoD: AW post. Check out my reply in that thread.

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know "why" you think the game is garbage. Yes, I agree with you, the spawns suck! We do agree on that

I would just pick up all of them and play. You would be surprised how many bounties you would naturally complete.

Well you know what? I was surprised that the 2 purple engrams I got weren't complete shit, so maybe I will.

....I really won't, I think I'm done with Destiny for the day. Grinding for 2 hours has swallowed my soul.

Seems like the vendors won't be selling gears to get you to 33 this time around though, if we are to believe what they said about not repeating that "mistake"...

We need solid info on this. I really hope they give a full info dump on progression before HoW releases.

I expect vendor gear is upped to Light 36 for level 32. Only Raid gear or IB gear gets you higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom