• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaannnnddd I just got a second Felwinter's Lie and a legendary ship in one game.

And I was at the bottom of my team.

One more win though and I'll hit 4. Then I can get that delicious chest piece. If you're decent at completing the bounties, IB rep is not that bad to grind.

ocean

Banned
Seems like the vendors won't be selling gears to get you to 33 this time around though, if we are to believe what they said about not repeating that "mistake"...
You never know what these people are capable of. At worst it'll be a good coin stash for good weapons. TDB brought TFWPKY 1969, Saterienne Rapier/Badger CCL/Another NITC, Against All Odds, Secret Handshake/Two To The Morgue and LDR 5001, all of which are definitely worth owning. I would have liked a good high impact AR to replace Shadow Price but after 27 nerfs that weapon type is useless now.

Shito

We need solid info on this. I really hope they give a full info dump on progression before HoW releases.

I expect vendor gear is upped to Light 36 for level 32. Only Raid gear or IB gear gets you higher.
I would fancy them putting the level 33 gear behind story quests. Would give people who went up to 32 a good headstart, and an alternate way to gear up for unlucky people / those who don't raid much.

You never know what these people are capable of. At worst it'll be a good coin stash for good weapons. TDB brought TFWPKY 1969, Saterienne Rapier/Badger CCL/Another NITC, Against All Odds, Secret Handshake/Two To The Morgue and LDR 5001, all of which are definitely worth owning. I would have liked a good high impact AR to replace Shadow Price but after 27 nerfs that weapon type is useless now.
Yeah you're right, it's probably worth it for the weapons alone. That rumoured sniper rifle, hmmmm...

ocean

Banned
What rumored sniper?

I was late in buying the good TDB vendor weapons. By the time I got them I already had most of the raid guns so I kind of felt I never enjoyed them to the fullest. If there'll be no armor shopping spree with HoW I'd be happy to kick off the new content with a good new Hand Cannon :)

Ridli

Late start for me today but I still need to put in some Iron Banner bounty time today to make tomorrow more casual. Looking to either start a group or join in on one.

Iron Gaf hear my call!

PSN: RidliMM

patchday

We need solid info on this. I really hope they give a full info dump on progression before HoW releases.

I expect vendor gear is upped to Light 36 for level 32. Only Raid gear or IB gear gets you higher.

Yeah that really upset me. I was in the #Forever29 club. Right before Crota launched they had an Iron Banner. I used that to reach 30. I grinded for hrs

But then some real life stuff happened and I didnt have time to play Destiny for a few weeks. When I come back Crota is out and EVERYTHING I accomplish over the 3 months was basically wiped

All my exotics needed to be upgraded
Hitting L31 literally only took a few mins. Cause I had a bunch of marks saved already. Because back then marks were pretty useless to VoG raiders totally.

Was so pissed. Only thing that made me happy Crota was easy to farm and I hit L32 on my guys fast

And oh yeah, I also didnt have to farm those crappy world mats anymore. This game has gotten so much better

Shito

What rumored sniper?

I was late in buying the good TDB vendor weapons. By the time I got them I already had most of the raid guns so I kind of felt I never enjoyed them to the fullest. If there'll be no armor shopping spree with HoW I'd be happy to kick off the new content with a good new Hand Cannon :)
You can find all the leaked weapons, with a link to a pic of their perks here: http://southernvalleynews.theclassi...-spills-new-possible-levels-armor-and-weapons

Of course, all of this can change and may not end up being totally true once HoW releases.

Never grinded for so much glimmer, being my first IB, it is even worse. Hit rank 4, have so far bought 2 emblems, 1 shader, boots, chest and Jolders Hammer and upgrading most gear. Thats like 50K glimmer.

Not too impressed with how the Titan chest looks. Boots are nice though.

Remember when they didn't tell anyone you got gauntlets for finishing the Eris questline and a bunch of people rushed to buy new ones from the Vanguard Quartermaster? L. O. L.

Even if Bungie is more forthcoming, still probably best to wait a day, see how everything pans out and plan your purchases.

Shito

.....I brought some from teh vanguard quartermaster..
I think we all did...
And to be honest, it was probably a better decision than waiting for Xur and having to deal with that quest.
Still haven't found the strength in me to pass that "melee explosive thralls" step on any of my 3 characters...

Ganhyun

Haha just saw your CoD: AW post. Check out my reply in that thread.

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know "why" you think the game is garbage. Yes, I agree with you, the spawns suck! We do agree on that

I love the suit in the campaign. I just, really, really, really dislike the MP.

I think we all did...
And to be honest, it was probably a better decision than waiting for Xur and having to deal with that quest.
Still haven't found the strength in me to pass that "melee explosive thralls" step on any of my 3 characters...

Yeah I looked at the requirements and I'm not gonna do that.

KILL X THRALL WITH WEAPON
KILL EXPLOSIVE THRALL NOW WITH PUNCHES
NOW KILL WIZARDS AND SHIT
NOW KILL THIS EXTREMELY HARD HIVE KNIGHT THAT APPEARS FOR A MINUTE AT A TIME AND HE'S EXTREMELY HARD TO KILL

Now wait for Xur again. Because you're our bitch.*

*That last requirement I added myself.

Sullichin

Yeah I looked at the requirements and I'm not gonna do that.

KILL X THRALL WITH WEAPON
KILL EXPLOSIVE THRALL NOW WITH PUNCHES
NOW KILL WIZARDS AND SHIT
NOW KILL THIS EXTREMELY HARD HIVE KNIGHT THAT APPEARS FOR A MINUTE AT A TIME AND HE'S EXTREMELY HARD TO KILL

Now wait for Xur again. Because you're our bitch.*

*That last requirement I added myself.

Ugh, still on a random part of that quest with my Warlock. It's annoying to see the ! icon over Eris every time. Although my postmaster is usually stuffed with dupe Beowolf shaders so I'll see the icon in the tower anyway.

I actually really like the last quest (after Urzok), and wish it was repeatable. I also think having a tough VIP target in the public space is a cool idea for a quest part. It's the melee cursed thralls / kill acolytes and wizards with void damage bullshit that stopped me from doing the questline again. Oh, and the fact that the reward is useless.

Does anyone know if you get motes or Eris XP at the end of this quest? I don't remember. Might finally churn through it (again) soon.

Does anyone have the normal GK checkpoint I could grab? Don't need to farm, just want the checkpoint. I have a friend glimmer farming the exclusion zone and I want to show him the error of his ways.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

hoggert

^ Did it last night and you definitely get Eris rep after/during the quest. Just 100 a pop IIRC. You get only get motes if you do the final quest on heroic, which was tons of fun. Really wish it was repeatable through a bounty or whatever.

sikkinixx

Does anyone on here play on Xbone? I had it on PS4 but swapped it for Xbone to play with my brother-in-law so now I'm stuck with the smaller community and less strikes (*sigh*). I'm 29 so I'd kinda like this week to try the Vault of Glass for the first time and hopefully start getting some more legendary/exotic weapons.

Sullichin

^ Did it last night and you definitely get Eris rep after/during the quest. Just 100 a pop IIRC. You get only get motes if you do the final quest on heroic, which was tons of fun. Really wish it was repeatable through a bounty or whatever.

Thanks! When I get around to finishing the other parts again I'll post here to see if anyone wants to join along for the final quest.

I'd like to see at least 3 new weapon classes. One for Specials, and two for Heavies (to round out each category to 4 weapon classes). I would also like to see more unique crossovers for Exotics. Like a Heavy class Shotgun, or a Special class Rocket Launcher.

Primaries:
-Auto Rifles
-Pulse Rifles
-Scout Rifles
-Hand Cannons
Unique Primaries:
--Vex Mythoclast (Primary Fusion Rifle/Special)
--Universal Remote (Primary Shotgun/Special)
--No Land Beyond (Primary Sniper Rifle/Special)

Specials:
-Shotguns
-Snipers
-Fusion Rifles
*new* -Swords: Work similar to Halo 2 and on, but with the added mechanics of using a Sword ability. First person, with a lunge.

Heavies:
-Machine Guns
-Rocket Launchers
*new* -Focus Rifles: Think Focus Rifles from Halo Reach or the Sentinel Beam from Halo 2 on. Sustained energy beam with scope.
*new*-Concussion Launchers: Basically, an entire class of guns that work exactly like the Grenade Launcher from Halo Reach. Hold down R to shoot a grenade on an arc, release R to detonate. Can ricochet off surfaces.
Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXIcjJduuXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtAtmGwUfU

A new primary class called Combine Rifles could have similar characteristics to the Needler and Needle Rifle from Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom