• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

It will be the same vault in my opinion.

Yes, it definitely has to be interconnected.

All we know is that Deej said they are working on more vault space solutions and what they announced isn't the last vault update.

Personally, I want them to announce weapon buffs more than vault. Speaking of Deej, I wonder what his day-to-day is like since he's barely communicating on the forums anymore.

Yes, it definitely has to be interconnected.

Personally, I want them to announce weapon buffs more than vault. Speaking of Deej, I wonder what his day-to-day is like since he's barely communicating on the forums anymore.

I'd want them to announce more exotics than just reskins. And like, more content.

TBH Vault Space is the least important thing this game needs.

edit: gaffed up version
cW689QX.gif
This is beautiful.

I don't know why I come here every reset morning, while all you non-working kids are doing what I want to be doing.

1895624_o.gif

E92 M3

They also need to come up with some form a backup solution and a 2step login - maybe a password for deleting characters. People have put in 1000s of hours into playing Destiny and Bungie needs to provide the appropriate backups.

noomi

my buddy got gjallarhorn from the nightfall, i got hawkmoon.

it's his birthday so i'll let him off!

29th normal mode scrota and got my first hunger. Finally freeing up my exotic spot from truth.

Woo grats on the loot guys, always make me happy to see people get what they want :)

Little does he know that TLW was nerfed pretty badly and the accuracy/range are pretty bad npw :( Ah well, let him have his moment.

Omg... Kartik got a Horn?!

BEST WEEK EVER... 100% deserved!

Silver! Where have you been, I never see you in the thread or on PSN anymore. Are you playing Bloodborne like the rest :p

noomi

Reset day without a reset party ... I feel empty. Haha

Lol, Nuszka and I were just saying the same thing earlier. Feels very strange :p

Maybe later in the week we can do some runs if the crew is up for it, I only have the hard crota CP, never managed to get normal DS.

Deku Tree

Speaking of Deej, I wonder what his day-to-day is like since he's barely communicating on the forums anymore.

Yeah some posters on Reddit were saying nasty things to him, and so he told them that he was cutting back on his posting on Reddit and instead was going to focus on making solutions happen. Does he still post on b.net? I would guess that he does.

IDK what other parts of his job are like... but I thought he was responsible for being aware of what the community wanted and thought about the game and communicating it to those with power inside Bungie. I would guess Deej is still doing that. I would have thought that responding to posters on Reddit etc was always an extremely small part of his job anyway since he did it so rarely even before.

E92 M3

Yeah some posters on Reddit were saying nasty things to him, and so he told them that he was cutting back on his posting on Reddit and instead was going to focus on making solutions happen. Does he still post on b.net? I would guess that he does.

IDK what other parts of his job are like... but I thought he was responsible for being aware of what the community wanted and thought about the game and communicating it to those with power inside Bungie. I would guess Deej is still doing that. I would have thought that responding to posters on Reddit etc was always an extremely small part of his job anyway since he did it so rarely even before.

What the community wants can discussed in an hour max lol. Just very curious to know what his responsibilities are. I'd expect a community manager to always be interfacing with the community and having valuable discussions. I've seen him post Xur troll posts on B.net that makes everyone fight about Xurning and earning - that's about it.

phen0m24

Which leads me to believe they probably lurk here. Despite our occasional trips to the bottom of Hawkian's Sine wave, our rants and raves are typically good natured. I said typically... And our suggestions are good too.

This is beautiful.

I don't know why I come here every reset morning, while all you non-working kids are doing what I want to be doing.

1895624_o.gif

Yeah, I do this every. single. reset. I guess I enjoy torturing myself.

Will anyone be on later (I'm talking like 7 PM EST) with some Gorgon CP love that is willing to share?

Ganhyun

Like, you'd think they would do that instead of increasing space, and just have pages, but the way they're making it sound is that even that is hard to code into it.

If the reef does have a vault...I doubt it'll be a whole new vault. If we even get to go to the Reef. They teased us so goddamn hard before the game came out with that scene of a guardian walking through it....IF they add it in HoW, and make it locked behind DLC...hoo boy people are going to be pissed off.

But...let's look at the other side of the coin. What if they increased the vault space because they do plan on adding a vault for Reef, and increasing the vault space is to appease people who don't own the DLC? Question is, is that a huge leap of logic?

It'll be interesting to see what they got planned for HoW. I'm going to take a gander and say that the Vault patch will have data for HoW, and that they'll release the key for it/unlock that data on a later date..

I agree that if we get the Reef and it has a vault, that its the same vault as the tower vault, or tied to it someway.

I look at some of the decisions made in this game's programming sometimes and just sit and sigh. I get that they have to program for both new-gen and old-gen systems, but if you knew you were doing that, why would you leave yourself basically unable to update things like the vault space without breaking your own game? Not sure how the PS3 sold, but the 360 sold pretty well for Destiny, and I know several people who are unhappy with how the old-gen customers are being treated. Being told that you will be losing functionality in the game you currently have because Bungie developers programmed the game in a shitty way sucks.

A programmer I know looked at the Bungie update about vault space, laughed, called it straight up BS, and stated that if he programmed that way where he could not update/upgrade basic features he'd be fired. I personally don't know enough to say one way or the other, but I know in the past Bungie was known for using rather unorthodox programming methods that caused issues with updating/patching things in Halo games.

Homeboyd

I see a lot of community managers doing this lately. Posting on forums, get attacked or offended by others who post there as well, take a "leave of absence" from the forum for a while. Happens here quite a bit as well.

I'm not sure what most community guys expect from anonymous people on the internet, but if you left every time someone offended you, you'd never post anywhere. Yeah the stuff that gets said to them is ridiculous... I just don't understand why you'd break that communication with the entire community because of it. Notify the moderators if it's a consistent problem or you just can't ignore it and let them handle it. This just allows for a few to ruin it for everyone by crawling back in their hole and only communicating through official updates on their forum (which aren't very frequent and often not informative or containing anything with substance).

Yes they read posts with suggestions, recommendations, etc.. and take those into consideration, but the communication doesn't exist once this happens. Isn't that the point of the job? Also, maybe consider sites that have more strict moderation to open up dialogues etc if that is such a concern. I know of at least one that does...

(inb4deejlosthispassword)

Ambitious

My current Broken Truth sniper rifle: Void, Double Down, Field Scout, Firefly
The BT I just got from the NF: Rodeo, Field Scout, Mulligan

Sounds great for PvP, I'd say?
Currently, I'm using a Prudence with AP rounds and Clown Cartridge. AP rounds are useless now, so the BT seems like a way better choice. On the other hand, the Prudence does have about 30% higher RoF compared to the BT.

Ganhyun

Yes they read posts with suggestions, recommendations, etc.. and take those into consideration, but the communication doesn't exist once this happens. Isn't that the point of the job? Also, maybe consider sites that have more strict moderation to open up dialogues etc if that is such a concern. I know of at least one that does...

(inb4deejlosthispassword)

Didn't deej post in one of these threads previously and get slammed or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom