• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Need to do these bounties fast. Also need to finish leveling up several gears like a spare CE Titan chest with perks I like, two Hawkmoons, an Atheon's Epilogue, and Found Verdict.

Edit: top of the page! Join the School of Hawk where you're not still considered a newbie if you haven't gotten TL or Gjally after hundreds of hours! Also, Titan is best class. All others suck.

Wallach

Love the Armamentarium. So good in pvp, esp with a Gjallarhorn. Easy 5 kill streak!

Still my favorite exotic. Bonus ammo for all special and heavy weapons, plus an additional grenade? That's the shit you grab when it's time to hunt the Predator. Bring all the ammo, shoot all the guns, throw all the grenades. Easy game, easy life.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You get a lightning grenade and you get a lightning grenade
EVERYODY GETS A LIGHTNING GRENADE

wahoo party!

Still my favorite exotic. Bonus ammo for all special and heavy weapons, plus an additional grenade? That's the shit you grab when it's time to hunt the Predator. Bring all the ammo, shoot all the guns, throw all the grenades. Easy game, easy life.

100%

ocean

Banned
Been thinking about that. What would be the most useful item to level up?
But I'm loosing my broadband at the end of the month since I'm moving out and it might take forever until I can play online again... So I'm out of the race to Light 34 anyway... the first thing I'll ascend is probably going to be the item I love most:
The thing is, playing a level 33 activity at 32 puts you at severe disadvantage and having HM at 365 vs 331 won't change that. Level 34 PoE will probably be impossible as a 32 as well.

So our best bet is to reach 33 right away. We have plenty of Exotic shards so we can do several armor and weapons day 1 but if Etheric light is very rare, my beloved Fatebringer and VoC might have to take a back seat to some nice gauntlets or something.

This drives me nuts. I don't understand why I can't run the "Blades of Crota" mission on the moon where and kill the 4 swarm princes. Those should totally count for Eris' 'Kill the blades' bounty.

That would be too easy and convenient as far as Bungie is concerned. We're already lucky they allow the one on the first Eris mission to count, otherwise we'd have to spend time patrolling until 3 spawned.

I also use that mission to do the "melle kill 7 Hive in quick succession" and "kill 10 Hive quickly under Radiance".

Though I agree with you, it would be cool if we could just do it in that single mission.

ich00

HoW launched. You have 1 Exotic Shard with no chance to get another for an additional week.

What do you ascend?

It's a toss up between Gjallarhorn and Saint-14 for me...

Armor for sure, just not sure what piece, most likely something on my titan though. If I understand it correctly, lvl 32 PoE gets you an armor core that I can redeem for some armor that's at lvl 34. So if I get a helmet that way it'll be one of my other pieces. If I get anything other than the helmet, it's the St.-14. My 331 weapons are good enough.

Now what to use an Etheric Light on will be a tough decision if I only get one...

Oh dang, sorry if I messed you guys up this morning, I grabbed one chest and then left cause it looked like you guys were up to something... something bad....

No not you, this was within the last hour. It happens every week and it's no big deal but I don't like kicking players and the original fireteam members can't join in cause someone jumped the spot.

That would be too easy and convenient as far as Bungie is concerned. We're already lucky they allow the one on the first Eris mission to count, otherwise we'd have to spend time patrolling until 3 spawned.

I also use that mission to do the "melle kill 7 Hive in quick succession" and "kill 10 Hive quickly under Radiance".

Though I agree with you, it would be cool if we could just do it in that single mission.

It's just that this situation screams terrible foresight.

The First of Crota "Mission" was never designed to be a mission. It's original purpose was a 1-time quest for Eris.

Only after the public begged for it to be a mission, did it actually get turned, and even then, it never shows up in the daily mission rotation.

So what was Bungie originally going to do when HoW showed up? Have Eris offer a bounty that was impossible to complete?

BondFancy

Doesnt seem right? The person who gets the Gjallarhorn should have under 10 kills. That is some good photoshop!
/s and congrats :)

10 + 127 this time ;)

Xbox has a screenshot feature now :p

and congrats!

lol at taking a picture of the screen. congrats.

That's how excited people get when they get Ghorn!

But yes the XB1 SS feature is good. Should use that in the future!

I got too excited and forgot Xbox has that feature now haha! Gally HYPE! Apparently I was bathed in too much space magic, never go full space magic.

Congrats! You can turn in your Newbie card, according to Kadey.

That's what I was thinking, newb be gone.

Congratulations dude, how long has the wait been since September?

Yeah, it has been a long time coming x.x

Congrats on the Gjallarhorn

Congrats on the horn!

Awesome! Congrats Guardian, you have ascended!

One of us one of us!

Easy mode unlocked!

Thanks for all the support and thanks! I shall release the mighty space magic in hopes that all guardians can get it on resetmas!

ocean

Banned
They should really add the final Eris mission to the rotation though. Multiple swords, Knights, ogres, thralls, vestiges, Wizards, all in a tight circular room with some vertical leeway. It's so damn fun it sucks we can't replay it.

Light switch might make it impossible though :p

Kyne

So the patch goes live in a couple of hours? I need my double marks.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of that link that says how to prepare for HoW?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why do I keep ending up with players who can't get a kill to save their fucking life?

We should team up and school the men.

In reality this means you'd be carrying me. But it's the thought that counts.

Carrying is your destiny, lady of strong back.

Actual lol. Good morrow, it is I, the lady of strong back. Bring forth your barrels and I shall cross the river

ocean

Banned
Are there any particularly attractive perks on legendary chests to look out for? I'm all about HC reload on gauntlets but I don't know what to look for in chests. So used to running raid sets that I don't know what perks the vendors really offer on their stuff.

ocean

Banned
So the patch goes live in a couple of hours? I need my double marks.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of that link that says how to prepare for HoW?
The patch will get everything ready but I imagine the actual changes will go live with the expansion next week. Might be mistaken but I doubt we'll see anything at all change with the patch.

As for HoW preparation, DattoDoesDestiny has a nice video in it in YouTube. I'll give you a summary though:

Bring as many factions as possible to within a bounty of leveling up (for potential faction rewards when HoW launches)

Grind marks so you can buy any weapons or armor you find interesting from the vendors.

That's about all there is to it really. If you really wanna be extra prepared, run Public Events and save those packages with the postmaster. You get a package for the first PE you do each day on each character so you can get 3 a day and they're all worth a nice XP chunk. Once you buy whatever new guns or armor you want, you can quickly max them with saved bounties and packages.

Edit: thread slowdown is to blame in my double post. Not sorry
sorry

Lima

Are there any particularly attractive perks on legendary chests to look out for? I'm all about HC reload on gauntlets but I don't know what to look for in chests. So used to running raid sets that I don't know what perks the vendors really offer on their stuff.

The vendor chests have two perks for carrying more ammo for two weapon types.

So unless your raid piece doesn't have the intellect/discipline/strength roll that you want then there is no reason to buy one.

Aside from looks the best chest piece in the game is the Vault of Glass one because it allows carrying more ammo for all special weapons.

Shito

I got too excited and forgot Xbox has that feature now haha! Gally HYPE! Apparently I was bathed in too much space magic, never go full space magic.
Can't blame you: was about to comment that since there was an Xbox underneath your television you had no choice but to take a picture of the screen; I also completely forgot it got recently patched in to the One. ^^
Also: grats! Know the feeling of finally getting it after a long ass time.

Chests are all about ammos: pick one that boosts the ammos for your two prefered weapon types.

Completed 3 NFs, nothing great was received.

9 Ass Shards
Mida (turned into exotic shard)
Culling Void (field scout)

I don't know if the Culling is a good weapon to keep.

Now I'm sitting at 332 Strange Coins (still have 3 weeklys to do), 101 motes of light (can't wait until I can turn ass shards into motes for some cool capes and emblems).

Kyne

The patch will get everything ready but I imagine the actual changes will go live with the expansion next week. Might be mistaken but I doubt we'll see anything at all change with the patch.

As for HoW preparation, DattoDoesDestiny has a nice video in it in YouTube. I'll give you a summary though:

Bring as many factions as possible to within a bounty of leveling up (for potential faction rewards when HoW launches)

Grind marks so you can buy any weapons or armor you find interesting from the vendors.

That's about all there is to it really. If you really wanna be extra prepared, run Public Events and save those packages with the postmaster. You get a package for the first PE you do each day on each character so you can get 3 a day and they're all worth a nice XP chunk. Once you buy whatever new guns or armor you want, you can quickly max them with saved bounties and packages.

Edit: thread slowdown is to blame in my double post. Not sorry
sorry

Got it. Thanks ocean! c:

Shame about the patch. Anyone have clarification on when we start getting double marks/rep?

Haybro

Is there a Gaf guardian lords clan

I think having an exclusive clan would go against the open nature of this community.

Oh god, it's omnigul with arc burn this week? Well at least all the new thunderlord owner's will get to experience its buttery smooth devastation.

Now I'm sitting at 332 Strange Coins (still have 3 weeklys to do), 101 motes of light (can't wait until I can turn ass shards into motes for some cool capes and emblems).

You are sitting pretty with all those motes, I fear I will loose my ass on the weapon re rolling haha, I've only got 100 coins as I blew through all my motes last iron banner and still didn't get a jesus roll on anything.

The only thing I have loads of is ass shards think its about 700 or so, can you straight trade ass shards for motes?

Rhaegar

giphy.gif

amar212

Got it. Thanks ocean! c:

Shame about the patch. Anyone have clarification on when we start getting double marks/rep?

Original weekly update post says that 1.2.0 will launch prior to HoW drops, and that would be today.

It also says about the changes it will bring to crucible.

I read it twice and it seems that 1.2.0 changes will take place once update drops.

We will know later afternoon.

I think having an exclusive clan would go against the open nature of this community.

Oh god, it's omnigul with arc burn this week? Well at least all the new thunderlord owner's will get to experience its buttery smooth devastation.

I think it would be cool just for the tag .

You are sitting pretty with all those motes, I fear I will loose my ass on the weapon re rolling haha, I've only got 100 coins as I blew through all my motes last iron banner and still didn't get a jesus roll on anything.

The only thing I have loads of is ass shards think its about 700 or so, can you straight trade ass shards for motes?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...omplete_how_materials_exchange_upgrade_rates/

From what people saw in the stream you will be able to buy 1 mote of light for 2 ass shards. Thus you can have 350 motes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom