• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_El

Family goes to work and school around 8:45am CST about. I'll be ready for NF x3. Using remote play to grab all bounties now.

Deku Tree

It's been thinking about the path to 34 and I honestly think we won't see one till the 2nd / 3rd reset at the very earliest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to get any legendary gear to level 34 you need etheric light. To get that you need to complete high level PoE. Something which we will struggle with because of the level differences. So 32 PoE will give us an armour core to buy some level 34 gear. This stock is on rotation so people running 3x of same class will end up with 3x same armour piece.

Etheric light could drop from nightfall, but I imagine the drop rate will be low so this is massively rng.

ToO will give you 34 armour if you complete your token. So even with that and upgrading an exotic you will still be level 33.

Then at next reset you will have to hope that you get the piece you are missing based upon what is available from PoE.

to hit 34 quickly you are going to have to fly through PoE and also be decent at pvp for the ToO. Those of us who are average at pvp are going to be waiting a few weeks to hit the level cap.

The grind may have lessened in some ways but it's still there. Hidden beneath a much prettier levelling system

Some hardcore players are going to be level 34 on day 1.

Level 32 PoE
Get to level 33
Do level 34 PoE and get one Etheric light.
Get one more "Etheric light" either from another toon doing the same thing or from NF.

amar212

Only doubles after the HoW launch.

Isn't that patch coming later today?

EDIT: Yes, according to the Bungie.net, 1.2.0 patch is scheduled for today and 1.2.1 is scheduled for 19th

Check the frontage on the web-browser, mobile version does not show the updates line

WipedOut

Glad to hear that, I'm leveling mine now. Should have it ready to go in a few days.

I only wish that I could equip an exotic in every slot :|

As someone who is running 3 hunters, I might be able to get to level 34 pretty quickly. If RNG is in my favor that is. I would like to upgrade one exotic armor piece (don't touch me) raid helmet with infusion, and then whatever other two pieces I cna.

Don't touch me's are going to come in handy for PoE.

jett

D-Member
I wonder how Bungie feels about the state of the MCC after six months:

http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-six-months-later/

I wonder if some of the continuing problems has to do with the way Bungie codes too... From reading about the destiny code it seems like they just throw things together to "make it work" without so much concern for making it all fit together nicely.

At launch Destiny ran at a locked 30fps on four different platforms without any technical issues and with a perfectly stable online infrastructure.

Naw, I'm gonna say 343i just sucks dong.

ich00

Some hardcore players are going to be level 34 on day 1.

Level 32 PoE
Get to level 33
Do level 34 PoE and get one Etheric light.
Get one more "Etheric light" either from another toon doing the same thing or from NF.

No doubt there will be people day 1 at 34. When The Dark Below came out, thanks to good planning and RNG helping me out I was at 31 I think within a day or two.

How much 34 gear will we need to get to 33? Will 2 pieces do it, or will you need 3? Two makes more sense, but I'm bad at light calculations.

Edit: Oh hey, I'm not a Junior Member anymore, fulll on Member status! Do I get a cookie or something now?

They did not. They patched them out altogether. You can still get the blades from the one mission on Earth.

This drives me nuts. I don't understand why I can't run the "Blades of Crota" mission on the moon where and kill the 4 swarm princes. Those should totally count for Eris' 'Kill the blades' bounty.

ocean

Banned
No doubt there will be people day 1 at 34. When The Dark Below came out, thanks to good planning and RNG helping me out I was at 31 I think within a day or two.

How much 34 gear will we need to get to 33? Will 2 pieces do it, or will you need 3? Two makes more sense, but I'm bad at light calculations.
2 pieces at 42 Light and 2 pieces at the current 36 Light should be level 33.

This means that at launch you can Ascend an Exotic using an Exotic Shard, then Ascend any legendary armor piece assuming you get an Etheric Light from a NF and be 33 within an hour of HoW launch. If you get lucky and an Etheric Light drops from each of your 3 NFs you could pool them all to one character and be 34 day one. Not sure that'll be worth it though.

My only 36 Light legendary armor is CE trash. It has random as hell stats and perks which I don't find all that useful outside of CE itself. I'd rather wait a little but reach 33-34 with a new armor set that suits my play style.

I am looking for Int Discipline with Speed HC Reload. IntDis is FWC so I hope their vendor has HC reload in the gauntlets.

BondFancy

YES FIRST ONE FINALLY!!!!

sKN7mng.jpg

ocean

Banned
HoW launched. You have 1 Exotic Shard with no chance to get another for an additional week.

What do you ascend?

It's a toss up between Gjallarhorn and Saint-14 for me...

HoW launched. You have 1 Exotic Shard with no chance to get another for an additional week.

What do you ascend?

Likely one of my pieces of armor. Probably the symbiote helm, whatever it's called.

If I had to pick a weapon then it would probably be icebreaker.

Namikaze1

What do you ascend?

What if you have a third exotic? Say NLB for example. Can I dismantle that and ascend both?

A request: please don't join on me if I'm in VoG cause we're raiding atm and switching chars/checkpoints.

I'll share gorgon checkpoint once we finish the reset stuff. I feel bad about kicking players who join assuming it's a gorgon checkpoint. Just hop into party chat and check what's going on before joining, that's better.

What do you ascend?

Honestly, my priority across the board is going to be getting my characters to max level then comes weapons. Weapons in most cases will cause more damage with me being a higher level anyways. That's good enough until I can ascend them.

Wallach

What do you ascend?

Armamentarium. My 331 weapons will do more than fine in the "normal" version of PoE the first couple weeks. Followed by Ruin Wings and Helm of Saint-14. Armor comes first.

Shito

Yeah, as everybody is saying, I'd go with armor first as well.
It will break my heart to make my beloved AX6546843126F with firefly wait before getting upgraded, but I'll go for light level first.

Maddocks

Game hates me, I watched two friends get hawkmoons. I was so temped to give up on the game right then and there. But I must endure and continue the good fight. My time will come.

did 3 nightfalls and I told him if he got the hawkmoon and ghorn back to back, I was going to snap the disc in half in anger. Lucy that didn't happen, but my quest for the moon continues.

noomi

What do you ascend?

Oh man... either gjally or don't touch me's. Probably don't touch me's though, it will be super useful in PoE.

A request: please don't join on me if I'm in VoG cause we're raiding atm and switching chars/checkpoints.

I'll share gorgon checkpoint once we finish the reset stuff. I feel bad about kicking players who join assuming it's a gorgon checkpoint. Just hop into party chat and check what's going on before joining, that's better.

Oh dang, sorry if I messed you guys up this morning, I grabbed one chest and then left cause it looked like you guys were up to something... something bad....

WipedOut

Honestly, my priority across the board is going to be getting my characters to max level then comes weapons. Weapons in most cases will cause more damage with me being a higher level anyways. That's good enough until I can ascend them.

Exactly. Higher weapon attack doesn't mean anything unless you are at the level to use it.

ocean

Banned
Armor it is.

I fear my armor priority intuition ever since that day I used coins on Inmost Light instead of Gjallarhorn on week 2 :(

But it seems like leveling up is indeed the smart thing to do this time around. Best case scenario is finding a nice pair of Int Dis gauntlets with HC reload to buy with my marks, ascend that with the Etheric Light I hope to get from NF and then Ascend a good helmet.

That way I'll go into PoE at 33 with a good helm and quickly reloading Hand Cannons (come at me bros)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Armamentarium. My 331 weapons will do more than fine in the "normal" version of PoE the first couple weeks. Followed by Ruin Wings and Helm of Saint-14. Armor comes first.

Love the Armamentarium. So good in pvp, esp with a Gjallarhorn. Easy 5 kill streak!

raindoc

What do you ascend?

Been thinking about that. What would be the most useful item to level up?
But I'm loosing my broadband at the end of the month since I'm moving out and it might take forever until I can play online again... So I'm out of the race to Light 34 anyway... the first thing I'll ascend is probably going to be the item I love most:

EDIT: Just came online. LFG - Nightfalls, Raids, whatever. Need to wreck stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom