• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

They did? I never got one. :(

Yep, these are the two I ended up getting.

760.jpg

Destiny_20141002112758.jpg

This was during "The Great Hawkmoon Search" where I ran close to 300 roc strikes over a two month period. I also ended up getting every roc strike ship during that time as well lol.

*edit*

top of the new page, eh?

here ya go, never forget it's greatness...

Omnigul w/Arc Burn...Yeah no thanks Bungie.

Edit: I'm assuming Light Switch is on too? Serial when I say, eff that. Not even remotely fun imho.

Well I did get two legendary engrams, I guess Omingul was good for something. Been saving my engrams though. Yes, I know they won't have HoW gear, but my Cryptarch is only one engram off from leveling up. So I've been hoarding them the past week.

noomi

I'm just really hoping that our old commendations can be used towards faction rep instead of vanguard/crucible rep.

Let me put on my dead orbit cloak and use 45 commendations, then revenant has to drop!

Deku Tree

I'm just really hoping that our old commendations can be used towards faction rep instead of vanguard/crucible rep.

Let me put on my dead orbit cloak and use 45 commendations, then revenant has to drop!

No reason why it wouldn't be that way IMO.

Who wants to do 3x HM Gorgon and Templar ? We'll throw in NM and HM Atheon in too.

Got 2 places left.

Do you have NM Gorgon CP? Sorry, but I don't want to do HM Gorgon first. Ruthless still has me believing I might get a Hawkmoon someday . . .

3 normal gorgon chests

Hard Light
Last Word
Thunderlord

Guys DO NOT TAKE GORGON CHEST FROM ME THIS WEEK, I'M STEALING ALL THE EXOTICS!

You are scary xD

JayHayabusa

This was during "The Great Hawkmoon Search" where I ran close to 300 roc strikes over a two month period. I also ended up getting every roc strike ship during that time as well lol.

*edit*

top of the new page, eh?

Hey Noomi, I was enjoying your posts when you were looking for Hawkmoon. But I never saw how/where it dropped for you? Mine dropped from a Nightfall I ran with Mindlog three weeks ago. We ran it alone.
How did yours drop?

*edit*

top of the new page, eh?

Oh, I was sure I got Cloak of the Shadowjacks before TDB came out lol.

Maaan, being at work during reset sucks T.T

Yup. I used to have reset days off but no more. Can't wait to leave work today and join in on the reset activities.

I was going to take next Tuesday off for HoW but since it doesn't go live along with the weeklies around 10 am pst, I think I will just go ahead and work. I am usually off by 12:30 pst anyway.

Wilde

Only 1 for 12 on exotic chances so far this week... and it was like my 10th MIDA.

Come on RNGesus, help me out here!

Wow, I'm an idiot, can't believe I just figured this out. TLW is full auto. I thought it was how fast you could pull the trigger. I didn't know I could just hold it down.

noomi

Hey Noomi, I was enjoying your posts when you were looking for Hawkmoon. But I never saw how/where it dropped for you? Mine dropped from a Nightfall I ran with Mindlog three weeks ago. We ran it alone.
How did yours drop?

Hah, yeah I was crying about it for months lol.

I ended up getting it from a Normal Crota kill during OT19

Since then I've had two more drop :p And grats on your Hawkmoon! It's the best!

Oh, I was sure I got Cloak of the Shadowjacks before TDB came out lol.

Hmmm, I might be mistaken then.

I would normally get dozens of hardcase and grinders cloaks.

Wow, I'm an idiot, can't believe I just figured this out. TLW is full auto. I thought it was how fast you could pull the trigger. I didn't know I could just hold it down.

Hehe, yup, it's a great handcannon on close quarters maps. Rewards a quick hand

Wilde

I got my first Monte Carlo...

Screw you RNG I dropped my shit on XboxOne so I could have Hawkmoon!

That's really funny because I did the same exact thing, started on XBOX but left mainly for Hawkmoon.

But the first Playstation exclusive I got was also Monte Carlo! Still waiting for my Hawkmoon...

Well, at least this NF should allow me to max my Fang. So tired of the broom closet...

Ah crap, that patch is gonna drop right when I leave work. And it'll probably do nothing until next week.

Hedera

Mother of God, this strike with arc burn.

Thanks for the runs Nami and everyone that joined! Got coins in two of the runs so i guess i won't be doing two weeklies.

That's really funny because I did the same exact thing, started on XBOX but left mainly for Hawkmoon.

But the first Playstation exclusive I got was also Monte Carlo! Still waiting for my Hawkmoon...

We will get it together, and then we will shard it in remembrance of our Xbox brothers.

Who am I kidding, not my fault they won't purchase a PS4. I mean come on it has Bloodborne!

jtar86

If anyone has normal gorgon cp they wouldn't mind sharing send me a invite. Psn name is jtar86. Need it for 2 of my characters.

It's been thinking about the path to 34 and I honestly think we won't see one till the 2nd / 3rd reset at the very earliest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to get any legendary gear to level 34 you need etheric light. To get that you need to complete high level PoE. Something which we will struggle with because of the level differences. So 32 PoE will give us an armour core to buy some level 34 gear. This stock is on rotation so people running 3x of same class will end up with 3x same armour piece.

Etheric light could drop from nightfall, but I imagine the drop rate will be low so this is massively rng.

ToO will give you 34 armour if you complete your token. So even with that and upgrading an exotic you will still be level 33.

Then at next reset you will have to hope that you get the piece you are missing based upon what is available from PoE.

to hit 34 quickly you are going to have to fly through PoE and also be decent at pvp for the ToO. Those of us who are average at pvp are going to be waiting a few weeks to hit the level cap.

The grind may have lessened in some ways but it's still there. Hidden beneath a much prettier levelling system

noomi

Datto recommends upgrading the Invective for PoE. Said it helped against the Cabals.

Glad to hear that, I'm leveling mine now. Should have it ready to go in a few days.

I only wish that I could equip an exotic in every slot :|

It's been thinking about the path to 34 and I honestly think we won't see one till the 2nd / 3rd reset at the very earliest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to get any legendary gear to level 34 you need etheric light. To get that you need to complete high level PoE. Something which we will struggle with because of the level differences. So 32 PoE will give us an armour core to buy some level 34 gear. This stock is on rotation so people running 3x of same class will end up with 3x same armour piece.

Etheric light could drop from nightfall, but I imagine the drop rate will be low so this is massively rng.

ToO will give you 34 armour if you complete your token. So even with that and upgrading an exotic you will still be level 33.

Then at next reset you will have to hope that you get the piece you are missing based upon what is available from PoE.

to hit 34 quickly you are going to have to fly through PoE and also be decent at pvp for the ToO. Those of us who are average at pvp are going to be waiting a few weeks to hit the level cap.

The grind may have lessened in some ways but it's still there. Hidden beneath a much prettier levelling system

As someone who is running 3 hunters, I might be able to get to level 34 pretty quickly. If RNG is in my favor that is. I would like to upgrade one exotic armor piece (don't touch me) raid helmet with infusion, and then whatever other two pieces I cna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom