• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Neither is true. Enemies don't need to be over 30 and your light level doesn't make a difference either, as long as your equal to or over the enemies. Weapon attack doesn't work like light level. People kept insisting when Dark Below came out that you needed to fight level 32 enemies to make a difference with 331 attack weapons, but it made a difference on any enemy above level 22.
You misunderstood.

Your light level absolutely 100% makes a difference, up to the level of the enemy.. which is what I was referring to. And the jump from 300 to 365 IS significant, assuming you're at the appropriate level.

No, using a 365 vs a 300 gun on a level 35 enemy isn't going to help much when you're level 22, but it will help a ton if you're level 34.

Hyun Sai

What 3 exotic weapons will you ascend first?
1) Ice Breaker
2) Gjallahorn
3) Whatever

What 3 exotic armors will you ascend first per class?
1) Heart of Praxic fire
2) Claw of Ahamkara
3) Whatever

What 3 Legendary Weapons will you ascend first?
1) Vision of Confluence
2) Fatebringer
3) Hunger of Crota

I'm about to shard some exotics for on my lunch break. I've only got 6 thought now and there are a few exotics that are just worthless sitting on my characters and in my vault.

NLB
that spider looking hunter helm
truth (have legendaries that do the same thing/ rather use Gjallahorn in pvp or pve)
helm of inmost light (run with stand asides or armentarium in pvp)
glasshouse

I still feel confident in the 5% compound bonus per level.

300+5%=315 (level 31)
315+5%=330.75 (level 32)
330.75+5%=347.28 (level 33)
347.28+5%=364.65 (level 34)
Right, that's how they calculated what the increased attack value is, but the difference once you get there is still 365/300 when it calculates the damage per shot.

Newboi

Hey Guys, I'm torn right now. Should I be the Saterienne Rapier or Two to the Morgue form the crucible weapons vendor?

They both look awesome! I do enjoy PvE more than PvP, but I do still play both. What do you guys think?

That's the feeling I've been getting watching all of these lists get posted that have the Horn as the first exotic to be upgraded.

How do you think I feel, everyone having Gjallarhorn in their top 3. Ascending the *worst* weapon in the game. Heavy ammo doesn't even drop that often!

ocean

Banned

300+5%=315 (level 31)
315+5%=330.75 (level 32)
Following this, when the level cap is raised to 36 later on, attack stat would rise to 402. Interesting fit btw, nice catch.

Shito

I'm about to shard some exotics for on my lunch break. I've only got 6 thought now and there are a few exotics that are just worthless sitting on my characters and in my vault.

[...]
truth (have legendaries that do the same thing/ rather use Gjallahorn in pvp or pve)
That is very very, very wrong.
Truth > Horn for pvp and void burns.

LTWood12

Hey Guys, I'm torn right now. Should I be the Saterienne Rapier or Two to the Morgue form the crucible weapons vendor?

They both look awesome! I do enjoy PvE more than PvP, but I do still play both. What do you guys think?

Rapier no doubt.

Homeboyd

Honestly, some of the vendor primaries are great and have great perks, but once you get a collection of primaries from raids that deal elemental damage, you'll never go back. So, two to the morgue imo as it is something you can always use.

Of course this depends on what your other current primary and shotgun options are.

NLB
that spider looking hunter helm
helm of inmost light (run with stand asides or armentarium in pvp)
glasshouse

I wouldn't do that, especially if you only have 6 exotics. You never know when they'll buff a given weapon nor when a currently useless exotic turns into god-tier because of a raid situation.

For example: Red Death was useless until the Crota fight coupled with the pulse rifle buff.

Newboi

Honestly, some of the vendor primaries are great and have great perks, but once you get a collection of primaries from raids that deal elemental damage, you'll never go back. So, two to the morgue imo as it is something you can always use.

Of course this depends on what your other current primary and shotgun options are.

I have Found Verdict, SwordBreaker, and Secret Handshake.

Homeboyd

I have Found Verdict and SwordBreaker.
Yeah both of those are better than the vendor 2 to the morgue. Rapier is a better gun in this case, but if you have a fatebringer/vision/word, you'll probably never use it. If you don't have those, pick it up. Any scout with firefly is great to have.

That is very very, very wrong.
Truth > Horn for pvp and void burns.

Nah I disagree. Truth doesn't come out of the vault. Especially not in PvP it doesn't do a single thing better than Gjallahorn there. I think about it for a second in void burns, then just go corrective measure instead. Truth is going to be doubly useless when I can get CM to 365.

Right, that's how they calculated what the increased attack value is, but the difference once you get there is still 365/300 when it calculates the damage per shot.

300+5%=315 (level 31)
315+5%=330.75 (level 32)
Though looking at Youtube, going from Vision of Confluence to Fang of Ir Yut on the same goblins is 890 vs. 1019 damage, so that's actually a 14% increase instead of the ~10% that it should be. Maybe going up to 365 attack will be an even greater increase.

stb

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this CP?)
- Gorgon's chest HM
- 1x NM CE full (if we can't get DS CP)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (anyone have this CP?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- Oracles/Templar x3 (anyone have this CP?)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
a) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)
6) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)

Alts
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [can't raid 5/12/15]

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

I wouldn't do that, especially if you only have 6 exotics. You never know when they'll buff a given weapon nor when a currently useless exotic turns into god-tier because of a raid situation.

For example: Red Death was useless until the Crota fight coupled with the pulse rifle buff.

To clarify I only have 6 exotic shards. I have all the exotic weapons except Suros and 4th horseman.

Shito

Nah I disagree. Truth doesn't come out of the vault. Especially not in PvP it doesn't do a single thing better than Gjallahorn there. I think about it for a second in void burns, then just go corrective measure instead. Truth is going to be doubly useless when I can get CM to 365.
Truth's tracking, proximity explosion and blast radius are better than on the Horn. It's the best rocket launcher for PvP, it can't miss.
Also, I wouldn't try scratching angry minotaurs during a void burn with a machine gun... especially not when one rocket from Truth is enough to melt them away. ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aaah it looks like the Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi is on sale this weekend when I'm away. Remote Play better work, I gotta have a complete exotic collection for at least two days!

noomi

I for one cannot wait to ascend my VoG weapons.

Fatebringer, Vision, Revenge, Foil, Corrective Measure, and Found Verdict will all be part of my regular loadout once more.

Atheons Epilogue, Hezen Vengeance, and the Timepiece will remain un-ascended for the time being.

I for one cannot wait to ascend my VoG weapons.

Fatebringer, Vision, Revenge, Foil, Corrective Measure, and Found Verdict will all be part of my regular loadout once more.

Atheons Epilogue, Hezen Vengeance, and the Timepiece will remain un-ascended for the time being.

FateBringer is just too good to not ascend its worthy

Namikaze1

Gjallarhorn: 25
Hawkmoon: 10
Hard Light: 0
Vex Mythoclast: 6
Necrochasm: 0
No Land Beyond: 1 (guess who)
Pocket Infinity: 0
Plan C: 0
Dragon's Breath: 0
Ice Breaker: 11
Patience and Time: 1
Super Good Advice: 0
Thorn: 3
Bad Juju: 1
Monte Carlo: 0
4th Horseman: 2
Red Death: 7
Mida Multi-Tool: 4
The Last Word: 2
Thunderlord: 5
Suros Regime: 0
Truth: 2

Newboi

I also had a question about the sparrow. I already have the legendary sparrow form the Vault of Glass, "Timebreaker". I have extra marks and strange coins; is buying a rare sparrow then upgrading it with a legendary engine from Xur worth it over the Vault of Glass sparrrow?

What 3 exotic weapons will you ascend first?
1) Horn (x3)
2) vex (x2)
3) ice breaker

What 3 exotic armors will you ascend first per class?
Titan
1) st14
2) Armamentarium
3) dont know

Warlock
1) Obsidian Mind
2) Praxic Fire
3) the one with the stupid wings on it

Hunter
1) Symbiote
2) mask of third man
3) eh

What 3 Legendary Weapons will you ascend first?
1) fatebriner
2) Black Hammer
3) VOC

from what weve seen, there is almost no reason to go VOID upgrades anytime soon. I didnt see anything with with void in POE. VOID NFs are so easy (nexus, winters run) its not worth the upgrde until later down the road. well have to see I suppose

noomi

Next Week:

ur5928b.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35pqc6/old_xur_listver_111031415_51615spoilers/

Also looks like megaman is leaving Destiny :(

LTWood12

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this CP?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this CP?)
- 1x NM CE full (if we can't get DS CP)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (anyone have this CP?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- Oracles/Templar x3 (anyone have this CP?)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
4) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??

Alts
a) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

it's my anniversary today, so I won't be able to make it tonight guys. Someone save me that HM Templar checkpoint though please!

T-44 is in for the 9:30 Eastern Crew.

To clarify I only have 6 exotic shards. I have all the exotic weapons except Suros and 4th horseman.

Oh, haha. I thought you meant you only had 6 exotic weapons.

I still wouldn't delete any exotics but, if you have basically all of them, I guess I could see deleting a couple that you just don't care about.

Namikaze1

Ruin Wings; 20
Helm of Saint-14: 22
Helm of Inmost Light: 1
An Insurmountable Skullfort: 4
Crest of Alpha Lupi: 3
The Armamentarium: 15
No Backup Plans: 3
Glasshouse: 0
Mk. 44 Stand Asides: 0

I also had a question about the sparrow. I already have the legendary sparrow form the Vault of Glass, "Timebreaker". I have extra marks and strange coins; is buying a rare sparrow then upgrading it with a legendary engine from Xur worth it over the Vault of Glass sparrrow?

nope, not even a little bit, there is litterly no differnce from a rare one to a regular legendary one except you can pick the contrail color. that is litterly it. dont waste a single coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom