• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

What's DGAF's opinion on the Crota's End primaries?

Got the auto rifle, pulse rifle and hand cannon. Which one should I level first and how do they compare to the VoG weapons.

As it currently stands, Fang of Ir Yut is my favorite primary weapon, and I have one for each of my characters. People say Vision of Confluence is better, so I'm going to give it a shot and compare them once I get it up to 365. I do love the Third Eye on the Fang though, so that will be hard to give up. It's saved me several times on the Bridge.

Can someone explain to me why Don't Touch Me are good for Hunters? It seems so basic.

On top of what others have said, it's great for when someone or something catches you off guard with a melee and drops your health. It gives you a chance to get away, regroup, and strike back. And it makes the Abyss a breeze.

ocean

Banned
What's DGAF's opinion on the Crota's End primaries?

Got the auto rifle, pulse rifle and hand cannon. Which one should I level first and how do they compare to the VoG weapons.
Hand Cannon and Fusion Rifle are good
Pulse Rifke is ok
Shotgun is great
Scout, Rocket and Sniper are top-tier
Machine Gun and Auto Rifle are low impact fast shooting = meh

don't touch me, plus escape artist, plus crouch invisibility + shadowjack

you can stay invisible a long time, i mostly find it useful in the abyss

It seems like it is very situational, it is alright but it is only amazing for the abyss. In most high level PVE stuff I don't want to risk getting hit at all so I would rather stay my distance.

It's the perfect compliment for stealthy hunters, especially with the perk that extends invisibility.

Could potentially save your ass in the PoE, it's going to be my first exotic armor upgrade come house of wolves.

I don't see it being that useful in PoE but maybe, I would put the Crest of Alpha Lupi higher on my priority list for that.

On top of what others have said, it's great for when someone or something catches you off guard with a melee and drops your health. It gives you a chance to get away, regroup, and strike back. And it makes the Abyss a breeze.

Even in PVP I would think that most people follow up a melee hit with a shotgun shot, even if I'm invisible they should still be able to finish me off by knowing where I should be.

Wilde

It might just be me but... I've found that my loot would always seem much better when I spaced out my raids/chests/nightfalls over the course of a few days rather than just getting everything done quickly...

Maybe it seems that way, but I'm pretty sure it's just plain bad luck. I've had plenty of weeks with like 5+ exotic drops, but sometimes RNG just doesn't go your way.

Namikaze1

you did good
Aw yis! Praised by Fig!

differences_between_cats_and_dogs_27.gif

The dog is me.

What 3 exotic weapons will you ascend first?
1) Suros or Vex
2) Hawkmoon
3) Gajally

What 3 exotic armors will you ascend first per class?

1) Heart of the Praxic Fire
2) Symbiote
3) Ruin Wings

What 3 Legendary Weapons will you ascend first?
1) Fatebringer (come on)
2) Black Hammer
3) Secret Handshake

Shito

Hand Cannon and Fusion Rifle are good
Pulse Rifke is ok
Shotgun is great
Scout, Rocket and Sniper are top-tier
Machine Gun and Auto Rifle are low impact fast shooting = meh
Basically this, BUT machine gun and auto rifle have redeeming qualities in their perks.
Especially the first one, that is a killer for Arc Phogoth and those pesky knights.

Homeboyd

I think both raids have great weapons:

Fang of Ir Yut = Vision of Confluence (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Praedyth's Revenge = Black Hammer (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Found Verdict = Swordbreaker (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Light of the Abyss > Praetorian Foil (CE)
Fatebringer > Word of Crota (VoG)
Abyss Defiant > Atheon's Epilogue (CE)
Oversoul Edict > Praedyth's Timepiece (CE)
Corrective Measure > Song of Ir Yut (VoG)
Hunger of Crota > Hezen's Vengeance (CE)
Vex Mythoclast >>>> Nechrocasm (VoG)

IMO,

3 ties
4 wins for CE
3 wins for VoG

I know many will put Black Hammer over PR, but Black Hammer is only great in certain situations (boss fights, etc) so I can't put it ahead of PR which is great everywhere.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies guys!

Gonna level my WoC for now and it should be useful for Void Burn.

Sounds like Fatebringer and VoC are both getting ascended ASAP though.

ich00

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this CP?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this CP?)
- 1x NM CE full (if we can't get DS CP)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (anyone have this CP?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- Oracles/Templar x3 (anyone have this CP?)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

I'm in as well for my 9:30 crew. I think last week we were done around 11:30 or so I think. We didn't do everything listed, cut out a few things we didn't need / didn't want to do.

LTWood12

I think both raids have great weapons:

Fang of Ir Yut = Vision of Confluence (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Praedyth's Revenge = Black Hammer (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Found Verdict = Swordbreaker (both are great, depends on situation) (Tie)
Light of the Abyss > Praetorian Foil (CE)
Fatebringer > Word of Crota (VoG)
Abyss Defiant > Atheon's Epilogue (CE)
Oversoul Edict > Praedyth's Timepiece (CE)
Corrective Measure > Song of Ir Yut (VoG)
Hunger of Crota > Hezen's Vengeance (CE)
Vex Mythoclast >>>> Nechrocasm (VoG)

IMO,

3 ties
4 wins for CE
3 wins for VoG

I know many will put black hammer over PR, but Black Hammer is only great in certain situations (boss fights, etc) so I can't put it ahead of PR which is great everywhere.

I pretty much completely agree with you. I've been using Praedyth's Revenge a lot lately and have to say overall I like it better for most situations than Black Hammer.

Deku Tree

Thanks for the NF runs! I got energies and a st-14 wjth 9 better max intellect that my current st-14. Probably exotic shard.

Next week is going to be nuts. 3x Story campaign, 3x NF, 3x PoE and probably dabble with ToO. Things are even more complicated with Witcher 3 especially since it is getting rave reviews. I am going to be consumed for the next month or two.

Thanks for the NF runs! I got energies and a st-14 wjth 9 better max intellect that my current st-14. Probably exotic shard.

yourrr welcome

i got midas and uh....uhhh....oh yeah secret handshake with a shitty range but hammer forged and some other range increasing perks. I just need to run it one more time...at a later time.

Ganhyun

No Destiny for me this week. Traveled for work and it wasnt worth the hassle of trying to bring my XBox with me on a plane.

Next week is going to be nuts. 3x Story campaign, 3x NF, 3x PoE and probably dabble with ToO. Things are even more complicated with Witcher 3 especially since it is getting rave reviews. I am going to be consumed for the next month or two.

Are you getting the Witcher 3 digitally? If so it will be ready by 8pm EST on Monday. And since Destiny will be down until HoW drops around noon or 1pm EST I plan on playing Witcher 3 all night and early morning and then do my grinding and exploration in Destiny until Wednesday, Witcher 3 again on Thursday, and ToO on Friday

Deku Tree

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this CP?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this CP?)
- 1x NM CE full (if we can't get DS CP)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (anyone have this CP?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- Oracles/Templar x3 (anyone have this CP?)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
6) captscience (PSN captscience) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Alts
a) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [can't raid 5/12/15]

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

I'm in for 9:30pm team!

Namikaze1

Note: If you put two weapons in one spot, I only counted the first weapon named.
For example,
1) Praedyth's Timepiece
2) Breezy's Hezen Vengeance
3) Math's Praedyth's Revenge or Black Hammer

Here, I would only count the Praedyth's Revenge and not Black Hammer.

Anyway, on to the results.

Fatebringer: 22
Black Hammer: 15
Vision of Confluence: 20
Radegast's Fury: 1
Felwinter's Lie: 1
Corrective Measure: 1
Fang of Ir Yut: 1
Praedyth's Revenge or Timepiece: 1 (gaffer only put down Praedyth as an answer so it could be either one)
Judgement: 1
Zombie Apocalypse: 1
Gheleon's Demise: 1 (to the gaffer that put down IB scout, this is the name)
Word of Crota: 3
Grim Citizen III: 1
Supremacy: 2
Found Verdict: 1
Hide and Seek-42: 1
Another NITC: 1
Hunger of Crota: 1
Oversoul Edict: 1 (Ghaleon, this is the name of the CE PR)
Against All Odds: 1
A.1F19X-Ryl: 1
Swordbreaker: 2
Prudence III: 1
The Devil You Know: 1
Shadow Price: 1

Gjallahorn might have some advantages in control and clash but for high level skirmish and most likely TOO the Truth followed R Fury are by far the better weapons.

Anastasis

Boy do I ever need an Arc primary for these burns.

How hard is it to solo the Abyss HM on a 31 Titan? 30 Hunter probably would be too low I'm guessing.

Might try to run some Templar x2 later as well.

Aww so long megaman! Sad to see him go. He filled us with hope in obtaining that one piece and saved me time by not levelling up a certain exotic because a significantly better stat roll will be available to upgrade to a couple weeks away. Definitely appreciated the savings in grind.

noomi

Aww so long megaman! Sad to see him go. He filled us with hope in obtaining that one piece and saved me time by not levelling up a certain exotic because a significantly better stat roll will be available to upgrade to a couple weeks away. Definitely appreciated the savings in grind.

His work is done here, was pretty funny when Bungie made it look like Xur would have a bunch of NLB's to throw him off though :p

Good times.

Are you getting the Witcher 3 digitally? If so it will be ready by 8pm EST on Monday. And since Destiny will be down until HoW drops around noon or 1pm EST I plan on playing Witcher 3 all night and early morning and then do my grinding and exploration in Destiny until Wednesday, Witcher 3 again on Thursday, and ToO on Friday

Preordered on Steam. I also have an extra copy coming with my GTX970 that is shipping now. Definitely plan to put some time in, but Destiny will have a large reserved chunk each Week. Its not like when Bloodborne released and I could put Destiny on the shelf since I pretty much had everything. Its two games competing for prime attention next week.

Wilde

Oracles plus templar hard 2x.

3 spots.

Join on me or ji66a_man

How did the next two nightfalls go for you guys Ruthless? Anyone get anything decent?

(Literally nothing could be worse than our team's first nightfall rewards: coins/shards/energy)

Shito

Boy do I ever need an Arc primary for these burns.

How hard is it to solo the Abyss HM on a 31 Titan? 30 Hunter probably would be too low I'm guessing.
Quite easy with a Titan: just do the rock jump as usual, and use your bubble at the end to avoid the Ogre(s) while waiting for the bridge to form.
A 30 hunter is probably a bit low, though, yeah, you wouldn't stand a chance against Thralls, even with Don't Touch Me...

stb

I'm in.

I have HM Gorgon. I won't however be able to pick up Oracles since I mistakingly got the chest with all three characters.

I'll try and get DS.

Thanks for confirming, as well as getting Gorgon and looking for DS. Any chance of grabbing Oracles? I see some folks (e.g. DeathJr) with it.

Anyways, if a spot opens up in the 8:30 group, or another group is starting up around that time, let me know. Otherwise might sit this week out for one of the alts.

OK, I'll add you as an alt to the 8:30.

I'm in. Doesn't the chest and gauntlets from the VoG drop at the Oracles/Templar?

Thanks for confirming; I do believe chest and gloves do drop from either Oracles or Templar.

OK; the 8:30 crew is confirmed, with schwagger15 as an alt if someone needs to bow out.

I'm in as well for my 9:30 crew. I think last week we were done around 11:30 or so I think. We didn't do everything listed, cut out a few things we didn't need / didn't want to do.

I'm in for 9:30pm team!

Thanks for confirming. One slot left for the late team.

Any thoughts as to what next week is going to look like (not you particularly, just mean in general here)?

I imagine there will just be a ton of groups forming for the Prison since there isn't a central 6-man activity to plan for.

Hard to tell. A few of the folks are around during the day (captscience, verde, you), so they may elect to just play PoE on Tuesday with PUGs from here. I'd imagine the early and late "raid" teams would field ~3 PoE groups Tuesday night, but I'll make it a point to talk about that in the party chat tonight.

Which reminds me, feel free to join the 8:30 party chat. If you want, you can take my slot for a DS/Crota & Atheon kill, because I'm still only running 2 characters.

Wilde

Is there a raid group I should join? on Bungie.net everytime we set up a group with randoms it never works out fine

The best thing to do is just post here when you are looking to run any specific activity, and you will almost always get a response. Or simply watch for others posting things like "looking tor 1 more for full Crota/VOG". This happens very frequently, especially after Tuesday reset, but it happens all week too.

We've got a lot of awesome Gaf members who save crucial checkpoints to make getting loot very quick and painless too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom