• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth's tracking, proximity explosion and blast radius are better than on the Horn. It's the best rocket launcher for PvP, it can't miss.
Also, I wouldn't try to scratch angry minotaurs during a void burn with a machine gun... especially not when one rocket from Truth is enough to melt them away. ^^

If a rocket explodes in someone's face in pvp they are going to die so the on paper stats are kinda irrelevant there. I can't miss with Gjallahorn either it explodes as soon as it's in range plus has the added benefit of additional damage on bystanders with wolfpack. I don't shoot rockets unless I have a line of sight anyhow so the fact that a truth rocket can turn a corner, complete a hay bale maze and hit it's target is lost on me. To each there own though. I get killed by truth plenty but I get killed by just as many generic rls with grenades and horseshoes perks. So eh...

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this CP?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this CP?)
- 1x NM CE full (if we can't get DS CP)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (anyone have this CP?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- Oracles/Templar x3 (anyone have this CP?)

*snip*
Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??

*snip*

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

i'm good for 9:30 EDT :)

Shito

Damn, from what I saw of the new strike (only the first phase, so as not to spoil myself too much), those modifiers are basically the worst ones to have. Shit is gonna be tough.

If a rocket explodes in someone's face in pvp they are going to die so the on paper stats are kinda irrelevant there. I can't miss with Gjallahorn either it explodes as soon as it's in range plus has the added benefit of additional damage on bystanders with wolfpack. I don't shoot rockets unless I have a line of sight anyhow so the fact that a truth rocket can turn a corner, complete a hay bale maze and hit it's target is lost on me. To each there own though. I get killed by truth plenty but I get killed by just as many generic rls with grenades and horseshoes perks. So eh...
It's not about shooting a rocket without having a line of sight, it's about people turning a corner AFTER you fired when you had them in your line of sight. ^^
Seems like I can't convince you on this one, but I would recommend you to at least give Truth a fair chance, both in pvp and pve (during void burns) before scrapping it. Because I do think you are making a huge mistake there. :)

Namikaze1

Don't Touch Me: 22
Radiance Dance Machines: 2
Mask of the Third Man: 13
Crest of Alpha Lupi: 8
Young Ahamkara's Spine: 1
Lucky Raspberry: 3
Achlyophage Symbiote: 17
Knucklehead Radar: 3
Arachnaid: 1

Sticking with the same itinerary as last week, unless anyone needs stuff from Abyss/Bridge:

Itinerary
- 3x Atheon kill

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
6) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??

2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??

Alts
a) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

If there is room for the 9:30 slot I am in. I saw LT was out. Although, I do have a hard stop at 12 AM.

Namikaze1

Heart of Praxic Fire: 19
Starfire Protocol: 3
Claws of Ahamkara: 5
Voidfangs Vestmants: 4
Skull of Dire Ahamkara: 2
Light Beyond Nemesis: 7
Obsidian Mind: 16
Sunbreakers: 4
Apothesis Veil: 5

Following this, when the level cap is raised to 36 later on, attack stat would rise to 402. Interesting fit btw, nice catch.

Except it won't, because comet looks like it's going to give us 10 new base levels.

So we'll probably have level 30 (light level 40) or something.

stb

In for regular group.

Count me in for 8:30 EST.

i'm good for 9:30 EDT :)

Thanks for confirming.

it's my anniversary today, so I won't be able to make it tonight guys. Someone save me that HM Templar checkpoint though please!

T-44 is in for the 9:30 Eastern Crew.

Anniversaries come every year reset Tuesday only happens... nevermind. Odds are one of us will have the Oracles CP; we probably wont get through 3 rounds of Oracles/Templar.

Thanks for confirming T-44.

EDIT:
If there is room for the 9:30 slot I am in. I saw LT was out. Although, I do have a hard stop at 12 AM.
Added you to the 9:30. I have no idea how late this group stops; ich00 will know more.

for the first time in forever I was not able to complete all NFs tuesday morning. will have to try again tonight. Its doesnt look like xur is going to have A. Veil This week so I got 2 more chances to get one before HoW. its the last exotic I need.

Namikaze1

Gjallarhorn: 25
Hawkmoon: 10
Hard Light: 0
Vex Mythoclast: 6
Necrochasm: 0
No Land Beyond: 1 (guess who)
Pocket Infinity: 0
Plan C: 0
Dragon's Breath: 0
Ice Breaker: 11
Patience and Time: 1
Super Good Advice: 0
Thorn: 3
Bad Juju: 1
Monte Carlo: 0
4th Horseman: 2
Red Death: 7
Mida Multi-Tool: 4
The Last Word: 2
Thunderlord: 5
Suros Regime: 0
Truth: 2

Ruin Wings; 20
Helm of Saint-14: 22
Helm of Inmost Light: 1
An Insurmountable Skullfort: 4
Crest of Alpha Lupi: 3
The Armamentarium: 15
No Backup Plans: 3
Glasshouse: 0
Mk. 44 Stand Asides: 0

Don't Touch Me: 22
Radiance Dance Machines: 2
Mask of the Third Man: 13
Crest of Alpha Lupi: 8
Young Ahamkara's Spine: 1
Lucky Raspberry: 3
Achlyophage Symbiote: 17
Knucklehead Radar: 3
Arachnaid: 1

Heart of Praxic Fire: 19
Starfire Protocol: 3
Claws of Ahamkara: 5
Voidfangs Vestmants: 4
Skull of Dire Ahamkara: 2
Light Beyond Nemesis: 7
Obsidian Mind: 16
Sunbreakers: 4
Apothesis Veil: 5

The results of what I gathered so far.

I ain't doing this ever again.

LTWood12

Anniversaries come every year reset Tuesday only happens... nevermind. Odds are one of us will have the Oracles CP; we probably wont get through 3 rounds of Oracles/Templar.

Thanks for confirming T-44.

Thanks! Either one of those checkpoints would be great.

I also had a question about the sparrow. I already have the legendary sparrow form the Vault of Glass, "Timebreaker". I have extra marks and strange coins; is buying a rare sparrow then upgrading it with a legendary engine from Xur worth it over the Vault of Glass sparrrow?
You can change the color of the contrail and it actually bumps the speeder's base speed up higher than the Timebreaker, but the Timebreaker is actually a teensy bit faster when using the extra boost. Durability gets bumped to 110, which is 10 lower than Timebreaker. Only do it if you're literally swimming in coins.

Itinerary
- 3x Atheon kill

3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
6) captscience (PSN captscience) ??

I'm in.

I have HM Gorgon. I won't however be able to pick up Oracles since I mistakingly got the chest with all three characters.

I'll try and get DS.

A DLC strike this week, another DLC strike next week. Jesus, non-DLC players are fucked.

thats what I call a promotion!
wanna play our endgame content, then you have to buy our dlc you dumb little $#!&!

this game thrives on dlc and would be dead without it, if your playing this game there is no reason not to buy it. I skip most DLC for games. well I did just buy Mario Kart DLC.

but you have to buy this dlc if you want to play it.

spyder_ur

Itinerary
- 3x Atheon kill

3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
6) captscience (PSN captscience) ??

2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Alts
a) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [can't raid 5/12/15]

Thanks for setting this up every week. Any thoughts as to what next week is going to look like (not you particularly, just mean in general here)?

I imagine there will just be a ton of groups forming for the Prison since there isn't a central 6-man activity to plan for.

Anyways, if a spot opens up in the 8:30 group, or another group is starting up around that time, let me know. Otherwise might sit this week out for one of the alts.

It's not about shooting a rocket without having a line of sight, it's about people turning a corner AFTER you fired when you had them in your line of sight. ^^
Seems like I can't convince you on this one, but I would recommend you to at least give Truth a fair chance, both in pvp and pve (during void burns) before scrapping it. Because I do think you are making a huge mistake there. :)

I have given it a fair chance this is actually the second Truth I've leveled. I actually had a 300 version I sharded for similar reasons, but the 331 version dropped and I decided what the hell. I just never use it and if it's only useful for void burns I've got other weapons for that.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
What's DGAF's opinion on the Crota's End primaries?

Got the auto rifle, pulse rifle and hand cannon. Which one should I level first and how do they compare to the VoG weapons.

Dave_6

I'm in. Doesn't the chest and gauntlets from the VoG drop at the Oracles/Templar?

Lnkn52

Got the auto rifle, pulse rifle and hand cannon. Which one should I level first and how do they compare to the VoG weapons.

Personally, upgrade the hand canon for Void Burns, alot better than the epilogue.

noomi

Primaries? I like them.

Fang is the best, but I really enjoy the handcannon as well. The auto rifle and pusle rifle are more situational weapons, use the AR against wizards, and the pulse rifle for pvp or arc burns with hive in 'em.

Truth's tracking, proximity explosion and blast radius are better than on the Horn. It's the best rocket launcher for PvP, it can't miss.
Also, I wouldn't try scratching angry minotaurs during a void burn with a machine gun... especially not when one rocket from Truth is enough to melt them away. ^^

Truth is awesome, and every time i use it in a Void burn, I wonder why i don't use it more often....then I go back to Ghorn.

Side note, the rockets Truth fires sound awesome.

LTWood12

Abyss Defiant > Atheon's Epilogue
Oversoul Edict > Praedyth's Timepiece
Fatebringer > Word of Crota
VoC = Fang of Ir Yut

They're all worth using in certain situations. Level all of them at some point.

Upgrade Word. Only better one is the auto-rifle, but you shouldn't be using that anyway. VoC is a better solar primary.

rNilla

Fang (scout rifle) is my favorite. Sadly none of the CE primaries compare to the VoG weapons especially now that we'll be able to ascend those to 365. Even without the increased damage rating most people still prefer Fatebringer to Word. They are useful in CE and against Hive majors though.

Wilde

So this has officially been the least generous reset in terms of exotics that I have ever had. My loot results so far in what I am now officially calling the "Week of Nothing" were as follows.

For 3x normal and hard Gorgons, 3x normal and hard Atheon, 3x normal deathsinger, 3x normal and hard Crota, and so far 1 nightfall and weekly, I have recieved the following loot drops:

- MIDA Multitool (Probably my 10th or so...)
- Stacks and stacks of ascendant/radiant materials.
- ....and nothing else.

Why RNGesus, WHY??!! What did I ever do to you?

Let's hope RNGesus is building up to some epic drop on my last two nightfalls...

noomi

Can someone explain to me why Don't Touch Me are good for Hunters? It seems so basic.

It's the perfect compliment for stealthy hunters, especially with the perk that extends invisibility.

Could potentially save your ass in the PoE, it's going to be my first exotic armor upgrade come house of wolves.

noomi

So this has officially been the least generous reset in terms of exotics that I have ever had. My loot results so far in what I am now officially calling the "Week of Nothing" were as follows.

For 3x normal and hard Gorgons, 3x normal and hard Atheon, 3x normal deathsinger, 3x normal and hard Crota, and so far 1 nightfall and weekly, I have recieved the following loot drops:

- MIDA Multitool
- Stacks and stacks of ascendant/radiant materials.
- ....and nothing else.

Why RNGesus, WHY??!! What did I ever do to you?

Let's hope RNGesus is building up to some epic drop on my last two nightfalls...

It might just be me but... I've found that my loot would always seem much better when I spaced out my raids/chests/nightfalls over the course of a few days rather than just getting everything done quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom