• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

I am ready to start upgrading once House of Wolves drops...
ClEUIlv.jpg
...triple 365 Necrochasms! :D

Also does anyone know why that one single Praedyth's Timepiece is showing up with a yellow upgrade outline when none of the other weapons do?

Can someone explain to me why Don't Touch Me are good for Hunters? It seems so basic.

Allows you to basically go invisible whenever you want. Sometimes I'll take a melee hit on purpose just to escape a situation. It will be the first exotic piece of armor I upgrade because, well, because hunter is easily my favorite class in the game.

GhaleonEB

Boy do I ever need an Arc primary for these burns.

How hard is it to solo the Abyss HM on a 31 Titan? 30 Hunter probably would be too low I'm guessing.

Might try to run some Templar x2 later as well.

You can do it with a 30 Hunter, I've done it many times. If you have trouble I can help you through it tonight (or any night, really). I've solo'd the Abyss as part of my reset activities for a month or two now, on NM and HM.
Allows you to basically go invisible whenever you want. Sometimes I'll take a melee hit on purpose just to escape a situation. It will be the first exotic piece of armor I upgrade because, well, because hunter is easily my favorite class in the game.

Yup. Soloing the Abyss is actually a good example of it. Sometimes blink strike won't be ready yet and I don't have time to crouch before the pack is on me, so I'll angle toward one Thrall to get bonked, then I'm invisible and can take off.

It's also a great pairing with a Bladedancer, and an essential pairing when Lightswitch is turned on. So long as you are mobile, it prevents a second melee blow from landing and thus save you.

Hedera

Don't do this in this Nightfall people. Lightswitch + arc burn means thralls will devastate your body!

It's also a great pairing with a Bladedancer, and an essential pairing when Lightswitch is turned on. So long as you are mobile, it prevents a second melee blow from landing and thus save you.

The only thing to watch out for is if you have a group of thralls coming at you, after the 1st one makes you invisible, the rest 'remember' where you were and will still jump and attack the spot you were in. It's weird, I know.

Shito

The only thing to watch out for is if you have a group of thralls coming at you, after the 1st one makes you invisible, the rest 'remember' where you were and will still jump and attack the spot you were in. It's weird, I know.
I think it's not so much them "remembering" you than them having started an attack before you went invisible. But yeah, packs of thralls can sometimes kill you even with Don't Touch Me if you're not lucky / too reckless.

ocean

Banned
Well shit.

Internet activated today. I had optic fibre at 50d/30u in my old town, doing DSL now since it's all that's available. Getting good ping, okish download (15Mb) but terrible upload (~.8Mb).

Will Destiny even be playable like this or am I totally screwed out of gaming?

Well shit.

Internet activated today. I had optic fibre at 50d/30u in my old town, doing DSL now since it's all that's available. Getting good ping, okish download (15Mb) but terrible upload (~.8Mb).

I have 10mbs not even fiber, its totally playable

LTWood12

Well shit.

The package you're paying for, what's it supposed to give you?

Shito

Well shit.

You'll be good. Ping is the most important thing for games nowadays. You don't need to exchange such huge datas that your download or upload speed would be a limiting factor anymore. I've got more or less the same connection as you do (being lazy to call for someone to come and install optic fibre at my home ^^), and we are playing Destiny with my girlfriend on the same connection without any problem.

Wallach

I am ready to start upgrading once House of Wolves drops...

...triple 365 Necrochasms! :D

Also does anyone know why that one single Praedyth's Timepiece is showing up with a yellow upgrade outline when none of the other weapons do?

That means you fully upgraded that weapon already.

R2D4

Banned
Well shit.

Why would it not be playable? I've had 15/800kbps DSL for years with no problems gaming on anything.

Shito

I got the fastest available with my company in this town. Sadly yes, that's what I pay for. The download speed I know wi suffice except for bein frustrating to download patches.
That upload though. Will I forever be a red bar at a just-barely 1Mbps?
Nah, those are indicative of the ping. If yours is good, you'll be green. :)

R2D4

Banned
I got the fastest available with my company in this town. Sadly yes, that's what I pay for. The download speed I know wi suffice except for bein frustrating to download patches.
That upload though. Will I forever be a red bar at a just-barely 1Mbps?

No. Upload speed and latency are different things. On DSL you are probably getting 30 ms ping to your ISP. Which is fine.

got my third Gjallarhorn and my friend got 8 ass energies from my first nightfall...he still doesn't have one.

I felt bad.

One of the guys I run with got one last Tuesday morning, another from the deathsinger later that evening, and then his third dropped this morning from another early nightfall.

He's all like
cW689QX.gif

and I'm all like
Rocket_launcher_reaction.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Need +1 for Nightfall on X B O N E

GT = kittens dx

Edit : Found someone.

ocean

Banned
Why would it not be playable? I've had 15/800kbps DSL for years with no problems gaming on anything.

Nah, those are indicative of the ping. If yours is good, you'll be green. :)

No. Upload speed and latency are different things. On DSL you are probably getting 30 ms ping to your ISP. Which is fine.
Perfect. Haven't had low upload in a long long time so I didn't know how much of a determinant that would be to playability.

If Ping is the deal I should be good. All is well.

Perfect. Haven't had low upload in a long long time so I didn't know how much of a determinant that would be to playability.

If Ping is the deal I should be good. All is well.

Multiplayer experience will be contingent on your latency, not the bandwidth.

ich00

Thanks for confirming. One slot left for the late team.

I'll take over for posting for the later group, so you don't have to stay on top of it. Thanks again for the time you put into getting this together everyweek!

Hard to tell. A few of the folks are around during the day (captscience, verde, you), so they may elect to just play PoE on Tuesday with PUGs from here. I'd imagine the early and late "raid" teams would field ~3 PoE groups Tuesday night, but I'll make it a point to talk about that in the party chat tonight.

I have to see what will be going on with that. Since I usually can't play until later, I'll have to run through all the story missions before doing anything on all 3 characters, I might not be ready for PoE until Wednesday. If there are people around who still need to do story missions that late, that could be a fun for a group.

What are some legendary pulse rifles with comparable performance to the Stranger's Rifle?
That gun is amazing but unfortunately not viable for end-game.

ocean

Banned
What are some legendary pulse rifles with comparable performance to the Stranger's Rifle?
I never use them but I have heard 3 Little Words is top-notch. Give that a look. I've used the CE Pulse and it's interesting. Full auto, Arc, shoots through Knight shields. Not my cup of tea though.

Red Death is amazing for PvP though.

Gah! Hawkmoon why do you elude me! Luck has been terrible lately.

Last 6 Dead Orbit packages have been a commendation and 1 mote of light... have they clarified on the possibility of faction rep increasing upon the deletion of commendations with the correct class item equipped? Because I have 30+ of these babies ready to go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian). No Sword School this weekend as I'm out of town.

Wednesday - 5/13 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid Sign Up Here - (2 spots left)
These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Jeez leave some for poor Dazzy :p
Hope you don't have to go to the hospital for your back.

lol Dazzy was nothing more than a distraction :p

I hear Three Little Words is good, as well as the CE pulse rifle. Never used either, so don't take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom