• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys already 34? I've only one char left to do story missions, NF, PoE, etc. and so far not a single asc. light has dropped for me. Even more: I've only seen one drop for fireteam members in total.

RNG is a fickle bitch. No etheric light drops for me yet, but I know you get one from finishing lvl 34 PoE, which I haven't done yet.

Midas

Team goes to the left (near C point) for cover, then from there Hunter runs around to the other two and caps it, while team caps C with a bubble. Start crouching when the second point is about 25% capped so as to get invisible and then get to last point use super and go invisible again, then when the super is about to run out press R2 to go invisible once again to increase the invisibility duration and then head back to cover. If there are three titans then they use Saint 14 and easily cap all three and then build a bubble again to fight the wizards at the cover near point C.

The problem with this round is the fact that the game throws hallowed wizards, boomers and endless thralls both normal and cursed at you. Which is why even getting hit once means pretty much death. This round is the absolute low of Destiny in terms of cheapness but some find it to be the high point because of the fact that it's the most difficult thing to do as of yet in the game. (I disagree, VoG is far more difficult and it's so because it's mechanically difficult..not difficult due to stats being stacked against you)

I believe as time goes by we will see people try out ways to take out the wizards as soon as they spawn.

While I agree with it being difficult for the reason you list, I can't agree with VoG being difficult. Maybe you mean that it was difficult before you learned the mechanics of it though?

It's probably not difficult at all with out arc burn as a modifier. We'll see what they throw at us later.

MrS

Banned
1 more Etheral needed for 34 after last nights POE34 run with the homies. Can't wait to get back on it after work. This DLC is a lot better than the last imo. What does everybody else think?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yes! Lvl 35 PoE down. Thanks Nami and Darknyss. Didn't get any exotic but I got an Etheric Light which I wanted! Woot. Time to get Hunter to 34.

Edit: Also that round 4 is such a pain. Dude has way too much health.

Morning guardians!

My girlfriend, friend and I ran the PoE for the first time yesterday.

Me: universal remote
Fuck my ass
Her: thunderlord
Him: mida multitool

Seems the guaranteed exotic (at least at a ridiculously high percentage) for the first chest of the week is true.

Is the level 32 much harder? Anything I should know?

edit: also very much looking forward to the newbie raid with Hawk later. Never done it before :0

I got 2 Universal Remotes... :/ and a Suros which I didn't have so I'm happy about that in my 3 chances.

Level 32 changes things up a little bit but it's not really that tough just need to be conservative if 2 go down until they can be revived. There is a 30 second timer on revives 32 and up.

Kyne

Aw, is that today? Wish I signed up for it.

I think he does it every Wednesday but this week was different? I'm sure he'll chime in later with specifics. Maybe next week! My girlfriend and I will probably be back as he alternates between the two raids and we haven't done either one.

Sexy!

PmdmsOV.jpg

THANK YOU Kartik and Nami!

UUUGGHHHH

played my first PoE last night with a friend and a random and I had no idea how the chest worked and the random popped it immediately and GUYS I COULDNT GET TO IT IN TIME WTHHHHH

Deku Tree

Can you do the Heavy ammo cheese in PoE?

Is the go to strat for PoE now Heavy Ammo Cheese + Spam Horn?

LFG PoE any level must be level 34 with 365 Horn and 365 FB
Lolz.

ethomaz

Banned
Can you do the Heavy ammo cheese in PoE?

Is the go to strat for PoE now Heavy Ammo Cheese + Spam Horn?

LFG PoE any level must be level 34 with 365 Horn and 365 FB
Lolz.
Well I spam Horn without heavy cheese... the drop is really high in PoE and I use a Ammo Pack each 5 minutes.

Is it possible to be 34 with two fully maxed weapons this early?
If you have really lucky you can get 3x Etheric Light from 3x Nightfall... and Horn just need Exotic Shard to be maxed :p

Gambled on a Judgement chance and got the stupid pulse rifle so it looks I'll have to do 35 PoE again to get all characters to lvl 34, bleh.

Bladelaw

The expansion got me back in a little. I had hoarded vanguard and crucible marks for my characters so I'm sitting on 3 level 32 guardians. I cashed in vanguard commendations and now have the new vanguard Auto Rifle (I hope it's not crap).

Given this, I really want to upgrade Fatebringer. By the time I level all the new armor will I be 33 or 34? I have a HoW exotic helmet and 3 HoW pieces of armor.

I'm hoping to snag at least 1 EL this reset but I want to spend it wisely.

wwm0nkey

Rerolling is going to be interesting for PvP. Rerolled my Ill Will and now it has explosive rounds and last in the chamber. The damn thing already hit like a truck as it was lol

Ken

Riiiight. I guess people just got a bunch of those lying around?

Is PoE 28 first weekly try guaranteed to drop a legendary engram or did I just get lucky?

Also, finishing story spoiler:
JUPITER!!!!!!

Dismantling exotics give guaranteed shard. Also Xur sold/sells them.

jtar86

Still can't believe that didn't do matchmaking for lvl 32 PoE. I can't imagine 3 randoms having too much trouble completing it.

Rerolling is going to be interesting for PvP. Rerolled my Ill Will and now it has explosive rounds and last in the chamber. The damn thing already hit like a truck as it was lol

OMG I was so nervous but I rerolled my one/one scout because two tries and the perks were wack but -gulp- what if they got worse?

Well lol
Full auto
Exploding rounds
Third eye

BOOM BABY
LITERALLY

nOoblet16

I think a couple of us said this last night too. I think he's great. Him and Xur are the funniest and best NPCs imo, although Rahool sometimes makes me smile.

The Reef postbot is also funny. I can't remember his name but yesterday he said

"Hello Guardian. My name is Berg 21 - 19 but you may call me Berg."

I think Varkis' casting was a success guardian.......success

While I agree with it being difficult for the reason you list, I can't agree with VoG being difficult. Maybe you mean that it was difficult before you learned the mechanics of it though?

It's probably not difficult at all with out arc burn as a modifier. We'll see what they throw at us later.
I was clear when I said VoG's difficulty comes from the mechanics, it was hard not because it threw cheap enemies at you or put you at a disadvantage it was hard because it required you to master its mechanic. Still to this day it is hard to play if you try to play it in any way that's not the tried and tested method that everyone uses (i.e. things like doing both gates at a time instead of one at a time, doing oracles and templar from down rather than cheesing from up, not hiding in the spirit bloom cave), the technicality of the raid reveals itself when you do that because otherwise you are just following what everyone has been doing i.e. a successful strategy that works.

Best example I can give is, a complex math problem becomes easy if you practice the solution itself 10 times. And despite the fact that you are familiar with the problem, a different take on the problem in the form of a different question might still provide a little bit of challenge. In either cases it does not make the problem itself an easy problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom