• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys already 34? I've only one char left to do story missions, NF, PoE, etc. and so far not a single asc. light has dropped for me. Even more: I've only seen one drop for fireteam members in total.

I got one from the NF on my Titan and the guaranteed one from PoE lv34. Sadly enough I used one of them without looking what Variks sells, so I'm still one ELight short of lv34.

noomi

How are you guys already 34? I've only one char left to do story missions, NF, PoE, etc. and so far not a single asc. light has dropped for me. Even more: I've only seen one drop for fireteam members in total.

Running multiple characters through the level 34 PoE which drops an etheric light. That combined with an exotic helm, and the new wolves gloves puts you at 34 ;)

Man I'm a 32, but I really want to hit that 34 PoE instead.

I NEED that Etheric Light.

Do the PoE32 and get yourself an armor core that you can use to buy the 42 light gauntlets from Variks. This will put you at lv33 assuming you ascended one exotic armor piece, PoE34 is totally doable with 3 33s ;)

noomi

Man I'm a 32, but I really want to hit that 34 PoE instead.

I NEED that Etheric Light.

Ascend an exotic helm/chest/legs to the new light level (just need an exotic shard and some mats), buy new wolves gloves (need armor core from level 32 PoE) and BOOM level 33.

nOoblet16

You can get two characters to level 34 this week if you have three characters.

First character upgrades an exotic armour piece, plays PoE level 32 to get an armour core that grants you a +46 glove and gets you to level 33 then plays PoE level 34 and gets an etheric light which then gets used on a third armour piece.

Second character does the same except instead of using that one etheric light from PoE level 34 on this character , you use it on the first character and get it to level 34. Who then runs level 35 PoE to get another etheric light that the second character uses. The second character now needs one more etheric light which can be gotten from third character's level 34 PoE.

Midas

Do the PoE32 and get yourself an armor core that you can use to buy the 42 light gauntlets from Variks. This will put you at lv33, PoE34 is totally doable with 3 33s ;)

That arc burn part though... We were three warlocks. We died so many times trying different tactics. In the end we just ran around like crazy.

Maybe there are some good tactics out there though?

IHaveIce

Banned
That arc burn part though... We were three warlocks. We died so many times trying different tactics. In the end we just ran around like crazy.

Yeah I would love to see some strategies for that part

Zoidberg

Sure hope variks has some sort of rotation with his shader/ship/class item stock..I've got 4 tokens of flight already, in the first week, enough to buy all 4 of the available the ships.

For some reason we didn't wipe at all at round 4. Probably because we had 2 bubble Titans with WoL/Blessing and one invisible Hunter. Invisible Hunter dismantled the mines, while the Titans at the back left corner and killed the wizards as fast as possible. Wizards were definitely a priority. Doing this with three Warlocks would make it more difficult I can imagine. Only difficulties we had was at Urrox but once we had the bubble strat down he want down fast.

Ascend an exotic helm/chest/legs to the new light level (just need an exotic shard and some mats), buy new wolves gloves (need armor core from level 32 PoE) and BOOM level 33.

I wanna run the 34 with my 32 hunter to roll another Judgment's Chance for my Titan. Might just run round 4 with my 33 Titan.

Kyne

Morning guardians!

My girlfriend, friend and I ran the PoE for the first time yesterday.

Me: universal remote
Fuck my ass
Her: thunderlord
Him: mida multitool

Seems the guaranteed exotic (at least at a ridiculously high percentage) for the first chest of the week is true.

Is the level 32 much harder? Anything I should know?

edit: also very much looking forward to the newbie raid with Hawk later. Never done it before :0

Cruxist

So, I only got to play on launch day, but I've been looking at destinydb and I haven't seen it so I'll ask here:

Is the supremacy back? I know it's not a traditional queen weapon drop, but is there a way to get another one?

PuMa

So, I only got to play on launch day, but I've been looking at destinydb and I haven't seen it so I'll ask here:

Is the supremacy back? I know it's not a traditional queen weapon drop, but is there a way to get another one?

I haven't seen it anywhere yet. But I still have mine! :)

LiK

Morning guardians!

My girlfriend, friend and I ran the PoE for the first time yesterday.

Me: universal remote
Fuck my ass
Her: thunderlord
Him: mida multitool

Seems the guaranteed exotic (at least at a ridiculously high percentage) for the first chest of the week is true.

edit: also very much looking forward to the newbie raid with Hawk later. Never done it before :0

lvl 32 doesn't get really hard until the final round. That last boss is a bitch and all his respawning minions are also a bitch. Definitely have one bubble Titan if you can or you'll need to keep moving around to avoid getting killed.

flkraven

Anyone upgrade Shadow Price yet? I am currently level 33 and I doubt I'll be 34 before reset, so I'm considering using etheric light on SP instead of gear. Just want to see if anyone has any feedback.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone up for the level 32 and 34 Arenas back to back?

Would like to knock both out for the cores/light.

psn: astropoff

Titan with maxed G'horn.

Midas

For some reason we didn't wipe at all at round 4. Probably because we had 2 bubble Titans with WoL/Blessing and one invisible Hunter. We just camped at the back left corner and killed the wizards as fast as we could. Wizards were definitely a priority. Only difficulties we had was at Urrox but once we had the bubble strat down he want down fast.

Yeah, my "team" are going to make sure that one guy always brings a titan when we play again. Urrox was easy for us compared to round 4.

Omni

How do you get elemental primaries from the PoE?

Seems strange to be awarded a basic pistol at the end of end-game content that's on the highest difficulty

k1t4j

Anyone up for the level 32 and 34 Arenas back to back?

Would like to knock both out for the cores/light.

psn: astropoff

Titan with maxed G'horn.

I will be home in 15 minutes if you want to wait or haven't found anyone by then :)

33 Hunter here

ERMint13

They really aren't bad. Once you realize the layout and how to best deal with dismantling the bombs you are fine. 32 and 34 were basically smooth sailing for my group. I think on 34 we only wiped a couple of times on the 4th round of Hive with Arc burn. The one dismantling point was always covered in wizards while the other two were left unattended.

How do you get elemental primaries from the PoE?

Seems strange to be awarded a basic pistol at the end of end-game content that's on the highest difficulty

I think it's RNG based so it's all luck of the draw. Some guys have gotten good guns others have gotten typical weapons.

Impala26

Need... sleep.

Thanks for the help last night, Tyler!

And to GutZ31 as well loads of fun and
bad
Variks imitations.

I know people seem to hate him, but the fact that he's voice by Dee Bradley Baker--man of 1000 voices--means I literally CANNOT hate him.

FWIW, I think he does a really good job voicing an alien species that normally has growly, hissy vocalizations trying to speak English (and awkwardly failing at the finer phrasing/colloquialisms to boot)

"He just called you a... well, it was an insult."

Toa TAK

Banned
32 is easy? Just do it and go to 33? :)

Do the PoE32 and get yourself an armor core that you can use to buy the 42 light gauntlets from Variks. This will put you at lv33 assuming you ascended one exotic armor piece, PoE34 is totally doable with 3 33s ;)

I've Ascended my Exotic Helmet already, so I guess that sounds like a good idea to do the 32 PoE.

Sweet! Thanks for the advice guys. =D

X-Frame

A few questions for everyone:

1. Is the armor that drops from Judgement's Chance for a random class? Or always the class you are?

2. Is there any reason to keep/hoard Armor or Weapon Cores (for example when you don't like the week's selection) if you plan on running the PoE a few times each week?

To add, if the armor and weapon's available cost 1 Core each, and you run PoE 3x a week you gain 3 Core's each but only use 1 Core each week, so after a few weeks you'd have a surplus of them anyway even if you buy every weapon and armor. Or am I missing something?

nOoblet16

Yeah I would love to see some strategies for that part

Team goes to the left (near C point) for cover, then from there Hunter runs around to the other two and caps it, while team caps C with a bubble. Start crouching when the second point is about 25% capped so as to get invisible and then get to last point use super and go invisible again, then when the super is about to run out press R2 to go invisible once again to increase the invisibility duration and then head back to cover. If there are three titans then they use Saint 14 and easily cap all three and then build a bubble again to fight the wizards at the cover near point C.

The problem with this round is the fact that the game throws hallowed wizards, boomers and endless thralls both normal and cursed at you. Which is why even getting hit once means pretty much death. This round is the absolute low of Destiny in terms of cheapness but some find it to be the high point because of the fact that it's the most difficult thing to do as of yet in the game. (I disagree, VoG is far more difficult and it's so because it's mechanically difficult..not difficult due to stats being stacked against you)

I believe as time goes by we will see people try out ways to take out the wizards as soon as they spawn.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I know people seem to hate him, but the fact that he's voice by Dee Bradley Baker--man of 1000 voices--means I literally CANNOT hate him.

FWIW, I think he does a really good job voicing an alien species that normally has growly, hissy vocalizations trying to speak English (and awkwardly failing at the finer phrasing/colloquialisms to boot)

"He just called you a... well, it was an insult."

I think a couple of us said this last night too. I think he's great. Him and Xur are the funniest and best NPCs imo, although Rahool sometimes makes me smile.

The Reef postbot is also funny. I can't remember his name but yesterday he said

"Hello Guardian. My name is Berg 21 - 19 but you may call me Berg."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom