• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Wow yeah the key system is fucking stupid good job bungle makes the whole mode pointless... I had a few queens missions but I thought you get a new set every day nope..:/

Also the other new pvp mode should not be fucking be a weekend playlist I'm soo sick of this shit ... -______- pvp is soo bear bones it's ridiculous... Also cool a crucible quest kill 10 enemies in a vehicle.. -___- Do you even play your game bungie....:/

Does anyone know if the prison of eldar legendary armour stuff you can buy from that guy on the reef changes at all? Because I already got a pair of gloves that have started at 36 light from a vanguard package(I assume these go up some more light still?) and he is selling gloves that say 42 light. Would like to fill out another slot first if possible.

Wow yeah the key system is fucking stupid good job bungle makes the whole mode pointless... I had a few queens missions but I thought you get a new set every day nope..:/

Also the other new pvp mode should not fucking be a weekend playlist I'm soo sick of this shit ... -______- pvp is soo bear bones it's ridiculous... Also cool a crucible quest kill 10 enemies in a vehicle.. -___- Do you even play your game bungie....:/

i love ti when you get a salvage bounty and it is not even up :)

X-Frame

I think someone posted something from reddit detailing how the rewards seem to work. If I remember correctly you are only guaranteed an exotic once. You will get a queen weapon though.

Yeah after I posted here I went digging on reddit and apparently it seems it's not guaranteed, but a very high chance of getting an exotic when opening the chest per character, once per week.

I don't know how they can tell its once per week as its only been out a few days though.

I guess this means if I have 3 keys I might as well take my chances using them on 3 of my characters.

Does anyone know if the prison of eldar legendary armour stuff you can buy from that guy on the reef changes at all? Because I already got a pair of gloves that have started at 36 light from a vanguard package(I assume these go up some more light still?) and he is selling gloves that say 42 light. Would like to fill out another slot first if possible.

It changes each week. If you get Etheric Light you can ascend those gauntlets you got to get 42 light as well, yes.

How ... How did you get the 34 Chest? :eek:

I'm guessing he rolled Judgment's Chance and got lucky. I rolled the Sniper RIfle yesterday.

Does anyone know if the prison of eldar legendary armour stuff you can buy from that guy on the reef changes at all? Because I already got a pair of gloves that have started at 36 light(I assume these go up some more light still?) and he is selling gloves that say 42 light. Would like to fill out another slot first if possible.
He'll sell something else next week, but if you don't like those gloves or their roll your only other options for 42 light gloves this week are

1.) Fill slot with exotic gloves
2,) Use Etheric Light on your current legendary gloves
3.) Get lucky with a Judgment's chance package.

ToO armor piece this week is the chest, and the stuff that drops after matches has to be ascended so it's the same as option 2 basically.

Bah :(

Also how do i get rank 3 with the queen been as though no bounties are coming up after the first batch?
Looks like it resets once a week.

It changes each week. If you get Etheric Light you can ascend those gauntlets you got to get 42 light as well, yes.

I'm guessing he rolled Judgment's Chance and got lucky.

He'll sell something else next week, but if you don't like those gloves or their roll your only other options for 42 light gloves this week are

1.) Fill slot with exotic gloves
2,) Use Etheric Light on your current legendary gloves
3.) Get lucky with a Judgment's chance package.

ToO armor piece this week is the chest, and the stuff that drops after matches has to be ascended so it's the same as option 2 basically.

Looks like it resets once a week.

Oh so even the new legendary armour that starts at 36 light cant reach max light without being ascended?

And the reward gloves being sold are just a way of getting max level light legendary armour without the grind of levelling it up?

Got a bunch of great scout rifles and Her Mercy dropped for me last night so I'm pretty happy with my loot so far.

Really would like to try out 32 PoE.
If anyone can spare a spot send invite/fr
PSN: Outlaw_Omega

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Looking forward to doing the weekly strikes later!

Strange coins yum.

Ocean are you still in?

Anyone else want to run them this evening?

Evening BST so like 6 or 7 hours from now.

Pookmunki, EinBear?

Omni

Now that I have one character to 34 im definitely gonna take my time with the other 2 and upgrade some weapons

Edit: Top of the page so better show my baby

Something I've noticed is that EVERY Titan kinda looks like yours. You've got nice chest peice of course... but the rest. As much as I like Saint 14, it annoys me.

This is what my Titan looks like right now haha

XRvj0d.png

Once I get those new exotic Titan arms I'll swap. But for the time being

noomi

Bah :(

Also how do i get rank 3 with the queen been as though no bounties are coming up after the first batch?

Will have to wait until next reset, the bounties are only available to do once a week ;)

I think it will take at least 2 more weeks to hit rank 3 for everyone though... I think...

Shito

So, guys, I will have to run a nightfall with my gf and another friend. He's 30 (maybe 31 since, I hope so!), and he doesn't have any legendary arc weapons. I fear we may lack the needed DPS to kill Taniks before he summons his million adds in the final room: did you find any spot somewhat safer than the entry way, back to back?

Also, some people already found a cheese spot for the spider part, involving using your ghost to open up a locked door... ^^

Ken

Something I've noticed is that EVERY Titan kinda looks like yours. You've got nice chest peice of course... but the rest. As much as I like Saint 14, it annoys me.

WTB transmog

No, Prison of Elders. Shadow of Veils.

http://i.imgur.com/O0aGuU4.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ooh, the weapon core stuff. The PoE auto rifle is so bad I tried to forget PoE weapons were a thing. How is that sniper?

noomi

So, guys, I will have to run a nightfall with my gf and another friend. He's 30 (maybe 31 since, I hope so!), and he doesn't have any legendary arc weapons. I fear we may lack the needed DPS to kill Tariks before he summons his million adds in the final room: did you find any somewhat spot safer than the entry way, back to back?

Also, some people already found a cheese spot for the spider part, involving using your ghost to open up a locked door... ^^

The only other spot we've used is the back wall that has the balcony/upper ledge behind the walker. This is the area where the snipers spawn.

The only thing is, when those snipers spawn you gotta end them immediately... or else your stuck there with no way to be revived.

HigXx

I think once people start getting more Etheric Light there will be more of a difference!

I'm just glad to get rid of those Crota Boots. Theyre absolutely disgusting looking

So, guys, I will have to run a nightfall with my gf and another friend. He's 30 (maybe 31 since, I hope so!), and he doesn't have any legendary arc weapons. I fear we may lack the needed DPS to kill Taniks before he summons his million adds in the final room: did you find any spot somewhat safer than the entry way, back to back?

smash Taniks with a headshot-loop or rockets from the entryway. When he teleports to the back, run to the raised platform in the back and keep doing the same thing.

It takes awhile for the adds to find their way up there so you should be able to take him down there. If it's looking hairy, have someone play decoy and run around the entryway.

Ken

Will anyone be looking for people for VoG/CE runs this weekend? Still would like to try CE for the first time, though doing it at 34 will probably be weird.

Morning dgaf!

Long way to go for me still, need to beat PoE 34 2 more times, and maybe.... just maybe if I decide to ascend some gear, I'll hit level 34 today/tomorrow.

I'm mostly concerned for stat rolls, don't want to end up with with gear that gives me 400 intellect, 0 discipline, and 60 strength....

We'll see...

*edit*

After some gear swapping, this could potentially be my level 34 hunter. Stat rolls are damn near perfect this way.... Also, the combo of 3rd man helm, wolves arms, and crota chest with legs looks fucking cool, topped off with the dead orbit nowhere man shader. Chest and legs need to ascend to hit 34, need one more etheric light.

So... I guess I should do this....
If you are doing PoE 34 let me know, I need to do it two more times also both on my warlock and titan.

noomi

I don't mean to be a negative noomi, but I can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed by the new PoE/Queens weapons at the moment.

I just don't get the same special feeling as the Crota/VoG weapons.

I know it's probably still early to say, but are any of the new PoE/Queens weapons really good or stand out above the rest?

Bradach

Now that I have one character to 34 im definitely gonna take my time with the other 2 and upgrade some weapons

Edit: Top of the page so better show my baby

I love the look of the HoW gear! those shoulders! I can't wait to get all that spikey / lumpy crap off my titan.

Has anyone seen any fur options a.la senor shaxx?

Looking forward to doing the weekly strikes later!

Strange coins yum.

Ocean are you still in?

Anyone else want to run them this evening?

Evening BST so like 6 or 7 hours from now.

Pookmunki, EinBear?

I'll be on from about 8pm GMT for a few hours. might see you then!

Shito

The only other spot we've used is the back wall that has the balcony/upper ledge behind the walker. This is the area where the snipers spawn.

The only thing is, when those snipers spawn you gotta end them immediately... or else your stuck there with no way to be revived.
Yeah, thought about that, but those snipers seemed way too dangerous! ^^
Ran it once yesterday with other friends, and for the spider we just stayed around the entrance, on the left part, spacing us out enough so that we would not all wipe at once on those explosive shanks of hell, but still could revive each other easily. Went smoothly.

smash Taniks with a headshot-loop or rockets from the entryway. When he teleports to the back, run to the raised platform in the back and keep doing the same thing.

It takes awhile for the adds to find their way up there so you should be able to take him down there. If it's looking hairy, have someone play decoy and run around the entryway.
Thanks, that sounds like a very good plan.
You use the stairs to the left when entering to reach that platform in the back, right?

[EDIT]
The cheese for the spider part I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm3eRFxlxRQ

There needs to be a way to get rid of all these special ammo packs. I need more keys, but I don't want to get anymore special ammo I can't get rid of farming them.

Thanks Ray and Akai for running with me through the story missions, strike and PoE28 & 32. Two characters at lv33 now :)
I know people already hit lv34, but considering the time I've spent I think two characters on lv33 is fine.
Going to use my second guy to get that last ELight I need.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Will anyone be looking for people for VoG/CE runs this weekend? Still would like to try CE for the first time, though doing it at 34 will probably be weird.

I'm definitely up for this. Sunday is better for me?

I love the look of the HoW gear! those shoulders! I can't wait to get all that spikey / lumpy crap off my titan.

Has anyone seen any fur options a.la senor shaxx?

I'll be on from about 8pm GMT for a few hours. might see you then!

Ace!

raindoc

How are you guys already 34? I've only one char left to do story missions, NF, PoE, etc. and so far not a single asc. light has dropped for me. Even more: I've only seen one drop for fireteam members in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom