• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Do you guys think Xur will have something special for us tomorrow?

Didn't someone mention Xur being changed in the last update or something?

LiK

Trade armor and weapon core for one random item that you can get from an armor core or weapon core.

I guess it's for if you don't want to wait for the item to show up on Variks.

Use 1 armor and 1 weapon core for a random chance at any PoE armor or non-elemental weapon .

Not sure if you can get armor for a different class or not (I hope not).

Oh, thanks

phen0m24

Yeeeesssss? lol

The other quote (of the night) is "I'm gonna go punch him in the junk." lol

I know people seem to hate him, but the fact that he's voice by Dee Bradley Baker--man of 1000 voices--means I literally CANNOT hate him.

FWIW, I think he does a really good job voicing an alien species that normally has growly, hissy vocalizations trying to speak English (and awkwardly failing at the finer phrasing/colloquialisms to boot)

"He just called you a... well, it was an insult."

Ok. I probably know DBB from his work but not the name, but: Variks sounds like a lizard. Like seriously, a lizard. Think Sleestak or the aliens from V, or well, I don't know. A lizard. The raspy vocalizations of sssss and the slow pronunciation of the words gives me a lizard/snake/reptile vibe.

Unless dude is really a lizard under that mask (like V). One can never know. :)

"I spent seventeen seconds saying this sentence, yesssssssss?" Lol

border

Do you guys think Xur will have something special for us tomorrow?

Didn't someone mention Xur being changed in the last update or something?

Xur will have 2 brand now HoW exotic armors for Hunter and Titan. Old gear for Warlocks. And I don't know what for the weapon -- does HoW have any new exotics aside from Fate of All Fools?

Wallach

I just don't get how they couldn't manage to create something better than it yet

For that to be true as far as the zeitgeist goes, it will pretty much have to be another rocket launcher. You can't break fights as much as a Gjallarhorn even if you do more DPS unless you can do so while moving around in the air without aim concerns.

Kalamari

Ok. I probably know DBB from his work but not the name, but: Variks sounds like a lizard. Like seriously, a lizard. Think Sleestak or the aliens from V, or well, I don't know. A lizard. The raspy vocalizations of sssss and the slow pronunciation of the words gives me a lizard/snake/reptile vibe.

Unless dude is really a lizard under that mask (like V). One can never know. :)

"I spent seventeen seconds saying this sentence, yesssssssss?" Lol

I think Variks sounds like a cross between a Vorcha from Mass Effect, and that creepy uncle that smokes 5 packs a day.

BokehKing

Banned
I am just the king of legendary hand cannons today,

Got

-her mercy
-fulcrum

Word of Crota I got first time last night

Think I'm going to shard her mercy though, fulcrum seems to shit all over it stat wise

Edit - keeping the fulcrum, first re-rolling I got 'final round' and 'luck in the chamber'

Shito

I would love Xur to sell keys, but I don't believe he will. Maybe in a few weeks / months, after they found a way to sink all the coins we've stocked, but not right now.
I see him having some new armors, like they did for TDB, and if they have any sense of humor at all he will have TLW, just before the first round of TOO starts...

dB Viper

Can someone answer these for me, if this is probably already posted... sorry.

For PoE:

A treasure key can drop after completion, but is not a guaranteed drop for the big chest? The only way to get this chest for sure is to have keys in reserve.

Can you join a PoE in progress (lets say, Round 3) and still get loot at the end?

Where do you get the Elemental primaries/specials/heavy PoE weapons?

ERMint13

I would love Xur to sell keys, but I don't believe he will. Maybe in a few weeks / months, after they found a way to sink all the coins we've stocked, but not right now.
I see him having some new armors, like they did for TDB, and if they have any sense of humor at all he will have TLW, just before the first round of TOO starts...

I don't think he will either but I'm not sure that chasing after public Wolf events is the best way to keep the community engaged. People will grow tired of this if they haven't already burnt themselves out on it.

Maybe 34 will drop a key guaranteed each week in the next couple of weeks instead of being RNG.

Wallach

Being Titan I'm not super concerned which exotic armor he'll bring. I may buy the Feedback Fence or Peregrine Greaves just for curiosity's sake and to have fun. Can't see me ever wearing Eternal Warrior.

LTWood12

For PoE:

A treasure key can drop after completion, but is not a guaranteed drop for the big chest? The only way to get this chest for sure is to have keys in reserve.

Can you join a PoE in progress (lets say, Round 3) and still get loot at the end?

1. Yes you are correct.

2. Yes.

3. Level 35 PoE

Midas

Yeah, it's raining coins. I have over 600. :\

Namikaze1

For PoE:

1) yep. Keys can drop from the small chest but it's all RNG

2) yep. Someone joined in during the fourth round in my PoE28 Matchmaking run yesterday.

3) yep, PoE 35. Unlike other items found in chests, these drop from Skolas himself. It's all RNG though. Drops are very rare. No one in my two runs got one.

Daemul

Being Titan I'm not super concerned which exotic armor he'll bring. I may buy the Feedback Fence or Peregrine Greaves just for curiosity's sake and to have fun. Can't see me ever wearing Eternal Warrior.

Yeah same, the boots look interesting but other than that I don't really care what Xur brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom