• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

The Etheric Light from IB did appear to be non-RNG (one-per-IB presumably available for purchase upon reaching Rank 3, and another on Rank 5).
That would seriously be a GREAT idea, and the perfect carrot I would need to be playing pvp again.
ToO is too hardcore in its mentality for me, I prefer the slow guaranteed grinds to the "don't die / lose or it will reset your progress" thing...

I never had this crazy coin surplus everyone seems to. I have like around 100 or something. Definitely gonna do a weekly or two before reset just cause Xur might clean me out if he's got new collectibles.
I was like you until recently when I finally collected more or less all he had to sell (I think I'm missing some gloves and a helmet, maybe). It's where my stock started growing really fast...

LTWood12

I like Variks. And Master Ives. He and I are gonna mug Rahool later.
I've done it twice now, and definitely improving, but I have to say our strategy both times was reliant on a Bladedancer for stealth, and heavily eased by a Defender titan for spot cover. Pure warlocks on that section is a major challenge.

Still, aspects of the strategy we came to rely on could help. First, there's a very defensible wall/alcove you can set up as "home base" by immediately running along the left wall all the way to the dead end you'll find there- with no spawn doors! The initial entry spot out of the airlock is such a chokepoint it's easy to get caught in the arc crossfire, and really can't be relied upon.

Once the team is set up there, round 1 is completely simple, just an ammo pickup round. When Round 2 is about to start, the main mine defuser/Bladedancer runs out all the way to the other side of the map (where the furthest mine can spawn). This is useful not just because if the first mine spawns there it can be capped immediately, but because they'll have a good vantage point to fire back at the wizard(s) that spawn, so they're being shot at from both sides. If the first mine is the closest one to the home base wall, the other two can cap it; any other spawn and the defuser goes for it. After the second one you'll basically know where the third is going to spawn since it can't be either of the first two spots. It's better to help kill wizards ASAP than to dismantle mines early- as long as you get there with 8 seconds or more to spare it can be dismantled. Doing it without stealth of any kind seems pretty rough though- actually, Patience and Time might be a godsend for that round for non-Hunter crews. Once the mines are down, the defused can go back to the wall/corner and help hold out against whatever's left- when you're down to just one or two mobs, then the defused can head back out to that far spot before Round 3 begins.

75% or more of the danger in that round is just being able to fire at the wizards without being killed. A 365 Thunderlord can put in some serious work and may be the right call over Gjallarhorn if you have one for this round.

Thunderlord definitely made a huge difference. It's tempting to use Gjallarhorn on the wizards, but a 365 Thunderlord toasts them almost immediately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did you guys hear about the Flame Prince Cheese?

Not that I'm condoning or condemning it, but apparently there is a spot where you can stand and it will stop adds from coming into the area.

Just a friendly FYI :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...can_prevent_enemies_from_spawning_in_round_4/

*edit*

Top!

Shameless plug for School of Hawk: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611324
This is not for the Flame Prince, which doesn't have any mines/objectives, but for Round 4 (the crazy Arc Burn Hive round).

Namikaze1

1) Fuck both Round 4 of PoE 34 and 35.

2) Skolas is a weak ass punk compared to the boss before him. Then again, luck wasn't on his side since it was solar burn.

3) Some people (in matchmaking) don't do the freaking objectives.

4) Fuck Cabals. Fuck them all.

5) Did I say fuck Round 4 of PoE 34 yet? If not, fuck that!

6) Whatever you give me, Variks, it best be heavy ammo. Keep that damn Scorch Cannon, I need to feed my Gjallarhorn.

7) Defender Titans is best class for the harder PoE challenges.

8) Cheeselocks' rez can be useful from time to time.

9)
103628-Breaking-Bad-Walter-White-RUN-BF4C.gif

Lots and lots of running around.

I never had this crazy coin surplus everyone seems to. I have like around 100 or something. Definitely gonna do a weekly or two before reset just cause Xur might clean me out if he's got new collectibles.

I will also be looking for a full group of 33s to kick the shot out of Hard CE before the newbie raid tonight if anyone is interested.

Same. I have 81, 69 and 61 so 211. Well I guess that's kind of crazy. Not 600ish though haha. I want to run weeklies as well. I can't get enough of rerolling!!

noomi

This is not for the Flame Prince, which doesn't have any mines/objectives, but for Round 4 (the crazy Arc Burn Hive round).

Errr, I keep making that mistake. Thanks for the heads up, will edit post ;)

But... since it's the same room, it should work on both, no?

Wallach

Not that I'm condoning or condemning it, but apparently there is a spot where you can stand and it will stop adds from coming into the area.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...can_prevent_enemies_from_spawning_in_round_4/

*edit*

Top!

We did this on our first 34 PoE and it was totally by accident. I don't know if it is really a specific spot; all of us were in the area on the left (where you'd fight Urrox) and it occurred for us multiple times.

LiK

Yea, when I was playing with Tyler as a Warlock, both guys died and I self rezzed to revive one of them. We went on to finish 32 PoE that way. Useful skill

None of my gear has Intellect which made using my Super harder than I would've liked.

Namikaze1

Did you guys hear about the lvl34 PoE Round 4 Cheese?

*edit*

Top!

Happened to me on two runs. Made the run easy. Though that was after wiping many times.

Ken

I will also be looking for a full group of 33s to kick the shot out of Hard CE before the newbie raid tonight if anyone is interested.

Do I have to do normal CE before I can do HM CE? I'd be interested in trying Hard CE as 34 Titan but I've never done CE.

noomi

1) Fuck both Round 4 of PoE 34 and 35.

2) Skolas is a weak ass punk compared to the boss before him. Then again, luck wasn't on his side since it was solar burn.

3) Some people (in matchmaking) don't do the freaking objectives.

4) Fuck Cabals. Fuck them all.

5) Did I say fuck Round 4 of PoE 34 yet? If not, fuck that!

6) Whatever you give me, Variks, it best be heavy ammo. Keep that damn Scorch Cannon, I need to feed my Gjallarhorn.

7) Defender Titans is best class for the harder PoE challenges.

8) Cheeselocks' rez can be useful from time to time.

9)

Lots and lots of running around.

BUT HUNTER INVISIBILITY!

border

*edit*

Top!

Round 4 is not Flame Prince. It's just Hive+Arc Burn+Mines. If you have a pro hunter you should be able to do it without cheese, but I will try and investigate it next time I run PoE34.

We actually had this happen a couple times last night, where no monsters would spawn until we got to the second or third mine -- I guess we didn't realize that strange positioning was causing it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah we actually triggered that cheese for round 4 (inconsistently) by accident last night too. Heading out to the far mine spot did seem to cue the spawns though.

You won't be crippled. It's very easy and straightforward to get to level 32 right now in a number of ways- if you link me to your Bungie profile I can even spell out the easiest path- and that will put you in position to do VoG as much as you like as well as lots of the new content. And if you ever decide to pick up TDB you'll be capable of doing that raid as well.

Excellent, than you kind sir.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7404880

People really shouldn't focus too hard on POE keys, they aren't that useful. You get an exotic from the very first one you loot (any level), its unclear whether thats a one time thing or weekly - we won't know until next week.

Beyond that all you get is queens weapons, and most of them are pretty meh. afaik you don't get etheric lights or fallen armor from the POE big chest, which is really what people want.

You don't get anything extra for looting the 32 or 34 one, same loot table as 28. The 35 one will give you a shader, ship, and emblem, probably first time only, but no other special loot. The elemental fallen weapons drop from the last boss of 35 POE, not the chest, and they are extremely rare.

I wish there was something to buy with marks other than planetary mats and heavy synths. I'm capped at 200/200 on my chars and don't need any of the vendor gear, and am drowning in planetary mats and synths.

I doubt xur will sell etheric lights right away, probably in 2 months.

blackjaw

Impala26

So old exotics that drop now (even the bounties) will NOT have the damage upgrade bubbles yes?

If so, and say I get a new SUROS (and I already have an old one), would it better to shard the old one if I haven't upgraded the last bubble because that would need TWO exotic shards to get to 365?

noomi

That would seriously be a GREAT idea, and the perfect carrot I would need to be playing pvp again.
ToO is too hardcore in its mentality for me, I prefer the slow guaranteed grinds to the "don't die / lose or it will reset your progress" thing...

I was like you until recently when I finally collected more or less all he had to sell (I think I'm missing some gloves and a helmet, maybe). It's where my stock started growing really fast...

Shito!

You were asking about this earlier, looks like someone just posted this :)

New Strike Walker Cheese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49v3DZEWqOI&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I'm posting all the cheese today! Please don't hate me :(

People really shouldn't focus too hard on POE keys, they aren't that useful. You get an exotic from the very first one you loot (any level), its unclear whether thats a one time thing or weekly - we won't know until next week.

Beyond that all you get is queens weapons, and most of them are pretty meh. afaik you don't get etheric lights or fallen armor from the POE big chest, which is really what people want.

You don't get anything extra for looting the 32 or 34 one, same loot table as 28. The 35 one will give you a shader, ship, and emblem, probably first time only, but no other special loot. The elemental fallen weapons drop from the last boss of 35 POE, not the chest, and they are extremely rare.

I wish there was something to buy with marks other than planetary mats and heavy synths. I'm capped at 200/200 on my chars and don't need any of the vendor gear, and am drowning in planetary mats and synths.

I doubt xur will sell etheric lights right away, probably in 2 months.

Well but you probably need one a week, if that does reset. (Although a weekly exotic seems kind of insane.)

Ranked up with New Monarchy. No shader, but did get a Judgment VI with Shot Package and Knee Pads out of the box! RNG continues to love me this week.

Now all I need is for Xur to not sell Jellyhorn or Icebreaker while I'm away, and I'll live.

LTWood12

Yeah we actually triggered that cheese for round 4 (inconsistently) by accident last night too. Heading out to the far mine spot did seem to cue the spawns though.

Yep. Honestly I don't see how it's all that helpful. You have to kill everything eventually anyway. If anything I felt like when that happened we let our guard down and got killed pretty quick once the enemies actually came out.

Did you guys hear about the lvl34 PoE Round 4 Cheese?

*edit*

Top!

I don't think the "ledge" has anything to do with this glitch.

It happened twice with my crew last night.

We satyed inside the alcove and had a hunter disarm the mines while invisible. The adds never came out of their spawn point.

Wallach

So old exotics that drop now (even the bounties) will NOT have the damage upgrade bubbles yes?

If so, and say I get a new SUROS (and I already have an old one), would it better to shard the old one if I haven't upgraded the last bubble because that would need TWO exotic shards to get to 365?

Exotics keep their damage upgrade nodes. That change only applied to weapons below exotic tier.

Haybro

Round 4 is not Flame Prince. It's just Hive+Arc Burn+Mines. If you have a pro hunter you should be able to do it without cheese, but I will try and investigate it next time I run PoE34.

We actually had this happen a couple times last night, where no monsters would spawn until we got to the second or third mine -- I guess we didn't realize that strange positioning was causing it.

Yeah, actually our group noticed that the adds were late to spawn in the round where we finally completed it. I don't remember our exact positioning though.

Kyne

The new guns are definitely underwhelming.. especially as a pvper.

Pve is still fatebringer / gjallarhorn central as well. Bah.

Shito

Shito!

You were asking about this earlier, looks like someone just posted this :)

New Strike Walker Cheese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49v3DZEWqOI&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I'm posting all the cheese today! Please don't hate me :(
Ah that's for the spider part, I saw that one already yeah! :D
I was asking if anyone had any good method for the last part, because I fear we may lack DPS to kill Taniks before his adds spawns. :)

Still, I actually like that spider cheese, I enjoy that door hacking thing with the ghost.

LTWood12

The new guns are definitely underwhelming.. especially as a pvper.

Pve is still fatebringer / gjallarhorn central as well. Bah.

Those two guns will always be good. It's just the beginning of day 3 though. People will find new weapons that are great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do I have to do normal CE before I can do HM CE? I'd be interested in trying Hard CE as 34 Titan but I've never done CE.
I'd recommend doing it on Normal once just to get the mechanics without the no-dying aspect. For tonight I'd be looking for experienced people to bust through it super fast. But you could join Sword School on Sunday (haven't posted the signups for this yet) if you were interested- this one will be the first one done on Hard- where I'll explain the boss in full and you could have a chance on the sword. Also next's week's Newbie raid will be a CE.

Ah that's for the spider part, I saw that one already yeah! :D
I was asking if anyone had any good method for the last part, because I fear we may lack DPS to kill Taniks before his adds spawns. :)

Still, I actually like that spider cheese, I enjoy that door hacking thing with the ghost.

I found that the back of the room is a balcony that's pretty safe and allows you to shoot at him once he teleports away from the center.

Namikaze1

Well, this week's anyway since I believe modifiers change weekly.

Bring your best Solar and Arc Weapons

Stick together. Very important.

If the current wave hasn't ended, have one aggro the remaining enemies while two cover their ass.

Titans throw down a shield on heavily guarded bomb defusing sites. That center one in the cabal round needs a bubble.

^^^^Hunters can go invisible for them.

Warlocks, save your rez for the appropriate times. If your team is in a bind, use it. If you're about to wipe and there are no ads near you, use it.

Don't ever go Striker.

If ever the last one standing or in a bind,

Gjallarhorn shall your best friend once things are done with

Variks gives you heavy? Unload hell on EVERYTHING

I've done it once, just looking for people to try again on a new character.

I'm down right now then, I promised some friends I would do some crucible but they need more time anyway. I did it once on my hunter so I need to do it on my Warlock.

I'll add you now, sounds good? Also I'll have a mic but it will be off for the most part--I have a dog in my apartment that barks randomly

Shito

I found that the back of the room is a balcony that's pretty safe and allows you to shoot at him once he teleports away from the center.
That's two people telling me that today, so that's what we'll be using I think! :)
It's the balcony you access by taking the stairs on the left when entering the room, right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's good from the Vanguard Quartermaster? I need to burn some marks.
Most of it is. The HMG is the only one I can't recommend outright. Pest Control Matrix and One/One Synesthete are great canvasses for rerolling and not bad out of the box either. The sniper has excellent stats. If you like Fusions, Give/Take Equation has been my constant companion since HoW launched, it has one of the tightest spreads I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom