• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who hasn't gotten a horn or thunderlord by now is a newbie.
either/or? i think i'd agree with that.

edit: top of page!!! see, i don't always scrub it up in crucible....

c8ZnGt7.jpg

M3Rocket

We could maybe try using that same "sweaty Skirmish" method with Gaf teams to group up 3v3 since you could have everyone in party chat, if people want to try it. Take things easy and talk about strats, approaches, positioning on each map etc. and then start playing kinda-sorta for real after a little while to get some "game speed" practice. Might be fun.

As for ToO, while I have a "set team" right now it's not set in stone by any means as the only people I'll play with during the event. Just means that we'll prioritize grouping up when we're all available but any time we can't all make it, I'd definitely want to play with anyone and everyone. Like I've always said, I'm no MLG-Pro but I've played a lot of matches and generally do well in a team that communicates, as do most players.

Also, we don't know how long it'll take to "clear" ToO content each week on 3 characters.

• How hard will it be to get a Lv34 armor set for each character and will that make a big difference in finishing ToO?
  • How hard are the passage coins to come by? I believe you need 9 to buy all 3 consumable items, and then you'd only have to win 7 matches before losing 4 times to max out your card at "9 wins."
  • Only 7 wins are needed to get the weekly armor and weapon, which might be all we really want each week.
  • We still don't know what happens with a maxed ToO card, or if you'd need to reach that each week on each character to maximize loot, etc.

All these are good questions. With the addition of ToO and PoE on top of the Raids, multiplied by three characters, perhaps IB on certain weeks, and I'm not so sure anyone has all that time?

I'd sign up for Crucible Academy in a heartbeat. The best PvP players in my clan are probably no match for Zoba and the likes around here. They are not very good teachers (yes--that's an actual skill!) either, so it's basically get onboard the train and just follow our lead. Everyone is mainly trying to get bounties done or to notch kills and wins. It's relaxed, but in the end, few of us learn anything from the veterans other than that we're inferior in movement skills, weapon usage, map knowledge, group tactics other than let's all head to "B," etc. No talk of coordinating or strategically saving supers to protect or deny heavy ammo, etc.

Thanx to Hawkian and his classes from which I graduated, I ran something similar for my own inexperienced clan members and called it Crota Schrewl twice in the last couple of weeks. To much success--a few more swordbearers now at the very least for normal mode. And in our relaxed weekly PvE activities like Raids, NF's, Weeklies and Bounties, we try to help clan members and their friends alike explaining the encounters, et al. It's quite a gratifying experience.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have both and I wasn't playing Destiny for pretty much a whole year.
Each have only been sold once by Xur (Gjallarhorn in week 2 or 3 of Xur, Thunderlord last week), and I know people who have only just gotten a Kerjiggerhorn in the last 3-4 weeks and have been playing religiously since launch.

Dgaf has been olld enough to drink outside the US
DGAF at 18 was an alcoholic mess :)

ExVicis

Each have only been sold once by Xur (Gjallarhorn in week 2 or 3 of Xur, Thunderlord last week), and I know people who have only just gotten a Kerjiggerhorn in the last 3-4 weeks and have been playing religiously since launch.

Well I have both and I only have one character that's above 20 and that level is 29. So I dunno man I win at luck.

Am I missing something with Thunderlord? I'd rather use Jolder's and go Timur's + Plan C or Vex/JuJu + Felwinter. Thunderlord doesn't seem to be all that special from a PVP perspective. Or any perspective to be honest...

ExVicis

All you've been in extremely lucky. Hell, I hadn't managed a Thunderlord until it went on sale and my game time is in excess of 727hrs.
I also have a Thorn too, at this point I should just collect all the overpowered weapons I feel.

To be honest though the one weapon I've wanted most is the Suros Regime and I haven't seen it since Xur first sold it and I wasn't able to buy it at all back then

GutZ31

All you've been in extremely lucky. Hell, I hadn't managed a Thunderlord until it went on sale and my game time is in excess of 727hrs.

And women in America should get paid maternity leave, but that's a different matter entirely :)

I just checked, and I have 921 hours...
Sweet baby RNGsus..

On the note about maternity leave, its a bunch of rich assholes that tell everyone that "its going to kill jobs!", and when a city or state tries it out, looky there! NOTHING HAPPENED~!

America has a bunch of things it needs to fix, but its the people that need to push with educating themselves, and telling our senators/governors/presidents what really needs to be priority number one.

Wilde

Reposting for the new thread, but I wanted to find out if you guys are down for our weekly raid marathon tonight after reset?

brn1J7O.png

I'm down to go for our usual: 3x normal and hard gorgons, 3x normal and hard Atheon, 3x normal Deathsinger and Crota, and 3x hard Crota.

Want every exotic chance like usual, got to get that Hawkmoon!

SnakeEyes

Banned
I also have a Thorn too, at this point I should just collect all the overpowered weapons I feel.

To be honest though the one weapon I've wanted most is the Suros Regime and I haven't seen it since Xur first sold it and I wasn't able to buy it at all.
If I remember correctly, Xur has sold the Suros Regime on no less than 3 separate occasions. I wonder if Bungie have a secret list that, upon account creation, says that there are certain weapons that you simply cannot get from drops/engrams etc.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I just checked, and I have 921 hours...
Sweet baby RNGsus..
It's racking up there huh? :D

I'm now 50-odd hours away from matching the time I dropped into a year of ME3 multiplayer. Dang.

GutZ31 said:
On the note about maternity leave, its a bunch of rich assholes that tell everyone that "its going to kill jobs!", and when a city or state tries it out, looky there! NOTHING HAPPENED~!

America has a bunch of things it needs to fix, but its the people that need to push with educating themselves, and telling our senators/governors/presidents what really needs to be priority number one.
Yup, the problem is the general public is apathetic until it has a direct effect on them.

ExVicis

If I remember correctly, Xur has sold the Suros Regime on no less than 3 separate occasions. I wonder if Bungie have a secret list that, upon account creation, says that there are certain weapons that you simply cannot get from drops/engrams etc.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
It feels like it but oh god I hope not.

KyleP29

Already did my nightfalls for the week and carried my lvl 28 friend through his with a random off LFG....my friend got his first gjallerhorn and the random got 11 ass shards. I dont think i have ever seen someone leave so quick.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Character deletion incoming...
Which reminds me, I should really get onto doing that Hunter I need for the trophy - I can then get the trophy, shard the Hunter Exotics I have, and then never touch the Hunter ever again :D

Laughable, Hunter is best.
Hunter is never delete.
Hunter delete YOU!
53167804.jpg

Hell no, but IV decided to keep my warlock. Nova bomb is too much fun. Lol
Welcome to the Space Magic club :D

Deku Tree

Man if I gotta do Levels 32, 34, and 35 PoE each week and grind ToO all of that on three toons, then IDK if I'm gonna have time for Atheon and Scrota....

GutZ31

Man if I gotta do Levels 32, 34, and 35 PoE each week and grind ToO all of that on three toons, then IDK if I'm gonna have time for Atheon and Scrota....

Remembering Bungies stream of PoE just makes me not even want to play it.
They did a very poor job of showing the "fun".

Some of us still need their first Black Hammer... :p

Only way you will get a black hammer is by making a hunter and running CE solo with it.

But those easy exotic chances though...

...Some of us still need our Hawkmoon!

Fair enough, but really, just like VoG after TDB release, bungie makes running previous content irrelevant for players who have all weapons.

if we're two levels over scrota, it'll be just as easy as normal mode is. that's a quick raid with several changes for exotic drops.

Scrota will still be smashing invisible guardians around and the sword bearer will continue to be an asshole, those things will never change.

You don't want to grind for Exotic Shards?

Nah I have more than enough and there are not enough exotics worth upgrading in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom