• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

The Highest I can get is 29 (unless I cave and actually do the finally upgrading to my gear that I wanted to hold off until HoW). How bad is that for Crota?

Pretty bad, you do less than half of your normal damage. However, depending on your team's strategy you could still be useful distracting boomer knights.

Top of the page! EMBRACE THE VOID!
voidwalker.jpg

Hard Mode Crota kill (@ Crota checkpoint)

1) Kor of Memory
2) JP Browncoast
3) Some sexy mutha fucka
4) Some quiet dude who knows his shit
5) Some noisy dude who will accidentally causes a wipe or two
6) Some person who fires more rockets than Dark Below Daily missions in the past 3 months.

Who wants to be 3-6?

I'm down. I'll be 4.

border

An issue I have not thought about much:

What pieces of armor are you going to level up first? The raid sets have extra bonuses, but most of those are specific to VoG or CE, so almost any legendary gear is a viable choice.

Will you level up a set that looks cool first and foremost, or a set that gives you your preferred stat distribution?

1) Kor of Memory
2) JP Browncoast
3) Some sexy mutha fucka
4) SlenderBeans
6) Some person who fires more rockets than Dark Below Daily missions in the past 3 months.

Who wants to be 3-6?

Need 3 more.

Arrrammis

An issue I have not thought about much:

What pieces of armor are you going to level up first? The raid sets have extra bonuses, but most of those are specific to VoG or CE, so almost any legendary gear is a viable choice.

Will you level up a set that looks cool first and foremost, or a set that gives you your preferred stat distribution?

I would go with a balance of looks and stats. I rarely keep armor that is pure strength. That said, I'm always looking for the best looking armor. The VoG is still my favorite for all classes, so I'm looking forward to being able to be max level with it again. Already have all pieces upgraded but the warlock's chestpiece, which the templar/oracles still won't give me!

Ugh, I guess I can't hit 30 unless I get lucky drops then.
You could still run the first two sections of the CE raid, where you're almost guaranteed the boots or gloves. Once you get those, it's easy to hit 31 and finish the raid.

Ryck

I got my first one at about the 1100 mark on my original toon from the Gorgon chest. It will happen eventually!
Wow really? I've sorta resigned to the fact that I'll never get it. It's sorta a big weekly joke with my buddies I play with.

My internet is kinda crappy atm. Let me see if I can fix it while we find more.

Don't worry about the NAT issues. We'll just use game chat once everyone is together.

1) Kor of Memory
2) JP Browncoast
3) Ichabod00
4) SlenderBeans

Who wants to be 3-6?

Need 2 more. for HM Crota

ExVicis

You could still run the first two sections of the CE raid, where you're almost guaranteed the boots or gloves. Once you get those, it's easy to hit 31 and finish the raid.
Not sure who would take me at 29 and wait for me to be 31 but maybe.

Nah I'll just wait and get in on that VoG fun run. At least I know I can do VoG.

Not sure who would take me at 29 and wait for me to be 31 but maybe.

Nah I'll just wait and get in on that VoG fun run. At least I know I can do VoG.

There are plenty of folks here who won't mind helping out a lower level get loot from CE.

The only requirement is that once you get to 31/32 and have experience with the raids, you help out other guardians in the same situation as you are in now :)

Namikaze1

I was right on the money when I said this is gonna take an hour. Thought it would take less than that. :/

Soon, Math. Soon.

ExVicis

Yeah! Warlocks join the fun run. Eiffel Tower!

eiffeltower-o.gif
Aw yeah! Warlock bros!

There are plenty of folks here who won't mind helping out a lower level get loot from CE.

The only requirement is that once you get to 31/32 and have experience with the raids, you help out other guardians in the same situation as you are in now :)
I'd jut not want to cause someone else to miss out on stuff. Don't wanna be a burden and all that.

Raybunny

1) Kor of Memory
2) JP Browncoast
3) Some sexy mutha fucka
4) Some quiet dude who knows his shit

Who wants to be 3-6?

I am up for it.

Aw yeah! Warlock bros!

I'd jut not want to cause someone else to miss out on stuff. Don't wanna be a burden and all that.

That's the best part about DGAF, no one is a burden. We want everyone to experience the raids and learn the mechanics, and always happy to help out newcomers and first time raiders.

You know what, I have a little time to spare right now. If you're online, I can help you with the first 2 phases of CE and if you're lucky, you'll end up with at least one piece of raid gear, if not two.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

rNilla

That's the best part about DGAF, no one is a burden. We want everyone to experience the raids and learn the mechanics, and always happy to help out newcomers and first time raiders.
Well said!

Don't be intimidated by all the crazies dedicated enthusiasts around here.

Well said!

Don't be intimidated by all the crazies dedicated enthusiasts around here.

It's good because teaching more people how to get it all done gives you a larger pool of people to choose from later. It's better for everyone the more people that know what's going on. Destiny is awesome =]

ExVicis

You know what, I have a little time to spare right now. If you're online, I can help you with the first 2 phases of CE and if you're lucky, you'll end up with at least one piece of raid gear, if not two.

I wouldn't mind getting help, although there was also jut that casual VoG that was going on too I wanted a part of.

But, if some people are welling to help a rusty guy try to get his gear up to par for the expansion then Ill go to CE

I love that all Legendary Armor can get you to 34 in HoW. I absolutely love the VoG armor for my Warlock, but for Hunter's I really like the CE armor.

Anastasis

Are you still doing this? I have a level 31 Titan who needs the chest piece from the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom