• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Why, Math?! Come back! Don't let the Dark Side consume you!
you-were-the-chosen-one-obi-wan-kenobi.gif

ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THE DARKNESS DARKNESS FRUIT CONSUMES ALL, MUGIWARA!

Hyun Sai

If I remember correctly, Xur has sold the Suros Regime on no less than 3 separate occasions. I wonder if Bungie have a secret list that, upon account creation, says that there are certain weapons that you simply cannot get from drops/engrams etc.

Nah, a friend dropped Suros from the gorgon chest last week, I witnessed it.

Lima

We could maybe try using that same "sweaty Skirmish" method with Gaf teams to group up 3v3 since you could have everyone in party chat, if people want to try it. Take things easy and talk about strats, approaches, positioning on each map etc. and then start playing kinda-sorta for real after a little while to get some "game speed" practice. Might be fun.

As for ToO, while I have a "set team" right now it's not set in stone by any means as the only people I'll play with during the event. Just means that we'll prioritize grouping up when we're all available but any time we can't all make it, I'd definitely want to play with anyone and everyone. Like I've always said, I'm no MLG-Pro but I've played a lot of matches and generally do well in a team that communicates, as do most players.

Also, we don't know how long it'll take to "clear" ToO content each week on 3 characters.

• How hard will it be to get a Lv34 armor set for each character and will that make a big difference in finishing ToO?
  • How hard are the passage coins to come by? I believe you need 9 to buy all 3 consumable items, and then you'd only have to win 7 matches before losing 4 times to max out your card at "9 wins."
  • Only 7 wins are needed to get the weekly armor and weapon, which might be all we really want each week.
  • We still don't know what happens with a maxed ToO card, or if you'd need to reach that each week on each character to maximize loot, etc.

The only thing I can tell you is that much like Iron Banner it will not mean jack shit if you are 33 or 34 in ToO. Level advantages enabled my ass.

Apt101

Hah my friend brought his PS4 with him out of town, asked me to play. Dude is level 15. I ain't got time for that! And he talked me into buying this expansion. Mark-ass buster. Brother needs some light/marks/etc.

Namikaze1

Shes a hunter nami, not a titan

She was already lost
She's dead to me now. Besides, there is another.

*insert epic John Williams score*

ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THE DARKNESS DARKNESS FRUIT CONSUMES ALL, MUGIWARA!
You may have taken Math, but you'll never take me or fig!

I'd like Titans too. AoE attacks are fun.
shame. You had such great potential. All hope now lies elsewhere. This empire must fall one day.

Help me, fig! You're our only hope!

The only thing I can tell you is that much like Iron Banner it will not mean jack shit if you are 33 or 34 in ToO. Level advantages enabled my ass.

this is true although i did notice once that i was unable to 1 shot shoulder charge a level 32 while wearing 31 gear

maybe i imagined it

The new thread is already moving quickly. I like the new title.

Hopefully I will still be able to find people for the "old" raids as the Gjallahorn, Black Hammer, and Fate Bringer continue to elude me.

Cheers

Ryck

The new thread is already moving quickly. I like the new title.

Hopefully I will still be able to find people for the "old" raids as the Gjallahorn, Black Hammer, and Fate Bringer continue to elude me.

Cheers
I will still be searching for my Ghorn as well. 1000 hours and over 150 combined Raid clears between VOG and CE and my search goes on. Wish I knew how many Nightfalls haha.

Yep, very true. That first IB was sooo bad people that loved the second one. But it just made everyone complacent when they really need to keep pushing the level advantages a lot more.

Oh Pantheon you never fail in turning into a sniper corridor.

I can't stand it for Control because of this. Salvage is pretty fun since it forces a lot more map movement.

we're getting selfie sticks?

There's been some data mined info about a camera item, with some description about how it was like an antique from the olden days or something. Seemed very ambiguous, I think the data mine even showed it wold supposedly equip in the heavy weapon spot.

No official word whatsoever about something like that, sadly.

Ready for vault of glass! Nervous. I hope I don't drag the team down.

You have a team already or are you LFG? What level/console are you?

WipedOut

I will still be searching for my Ghorn as well. 1000 hours and over 150 combined Raid clears between VOG and CE and my search goes on. Wish I knew how many Nightfalls haha.
I got my first one at about the 1100 mark on my original toon from the Gorgon chest. It will happen eventually!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanx to Hawkian and his classes from which I graduated, I ran something similar for my own inexperienced clan members and called it Crota Schrewl twice in the last couple of weeks. To much success--a few more swordbearers now at the very least for normal mode. And in our relaxed weekly PvE activities like Raids, NF's, Weeklies and Bounties, we try to help clan members and their friends alike explaining the encounters, et al. It's quite a gratifying experience.
heartwarming <3

There's been some data mined info about a camera item, with some description about how it was like an antique from the olden days or something. Seemed very ambiguous, I think the data mine even showed it wold supposedly equip in the heavy weapon spot.

No official word whatsoever about something like that, sadly.

You have a team already or are you LFG? What level/console are you?

well, we wanted to do gatekeeper, and he asked if it he were high enough level to play it. but in retrospect, i'm thinking that it might be ideal if he were sherpa'd through the whole thing first, rather than just checkpoint it....

ExVicis

Man I need to step into Crota someday before HoW since I've never been, what's the minimum recommended level for Crota that isn't HM?

A fresh NM VoG run is by far the best possible raid introduction imo. If people are up for it I could log on soon to help. HM is not going to have the right relaxed vibe and CPs focus too much on "loot drops" instead of "gaming experience."
I'd be willing to go if you'd want.

Another GAFer here said they had a team, just waiting for invite. PS4.

well, we wanted to do gatekeeper, and he asked if it he were high enough level to play it. but in retrospect, i'm thinking that it might be ideal if he were sherpa'd through the whole thing first, rather than just checkpoint it....

A fresh NM VoG run is by far the best possible raid introduction imo. If people are up for it I could log on soon to help. HM is not going to have the right relaxed vibe and CPs focus too much on "loot drops" instead of "gaming experience."

Ophelion

I'd be down for that if others are interested.

join us! we've got 2 25's in group :)

Hard Mode Crota kill (@ Crota checkpoint)

1) Kor of Memory
2) JP Browncoast
3) Some sexy mutha fucka
4) Some quiet dude who knows his shit
5) Some noisy dude who will accidentally causes a wipe or two
6) Some person who fires more rockets than Dark Below Daily missions in the past 3 months.

Who wants to be 3-6?

^edit: cool, will log on now for NM VoG Newbie Fun Run!

Man I need to step into Crota someday before HoW since I've never been, what's the minimum recommended level for Crota that isn't HM?

Minimum Lv30 to still enjoy it, technical min is Lv27 but that would be a pure carry. Enemies scale up to Lv32 for the last two encounters so Lv31 is better and Lv32 is best but not remotely required.

ExVicis

Minimum Lv30 to still enjoy it, technical min is Lv27 but that would be a pure carry. Enemies scale up to Lv32 for the last two encounters so Lv31 is better and Lv32 is best but not remotely required.

The Highest I can get is 29 (unless I cave and actually do the finally upgrading to my gear that I wanted to hold off until HoW). How bad is that for Crota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom