• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I missed qudron twice in a row. Probably that.

Prox detonation is a hidden perk that sometimes feels like a glitch. However there is an actual GHorn glitch where the Wolf Pack rounds don't proc for no good reason, which makes the Horn the same as any other sucky RLaucher.

Prox detonation is a hidden perk that sometimes feels like a glitch. However there is an actual GHorn glitch where the Wolf Pack rounds don't proc for no good reason, which makes the Horn the same as any other sucky RLaucher.

It's not so much a hidden perk as it is the only way Wolf Pack Rounds would work as intended. If the rocket hit the target square on, all the wolfpack rounds would immediately detonate because of how it works, making it not only ludicrously ridiculous(As if it isn't already), but well...not having cool missiles chase around.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

Ah I had heard that but I don't think I've experienced it till now. We almost got Qodron down but I guess maybe one or two ghorn volleys may have bugged out.

Yeah, very very true about the 1 level disadvantage. The light level system is so counter intuitive I don't think most people realize how extreme 1 level down is (and how negligible 1 level above is).

After the HM Scrota debacle I have no idea who is continuing to make these decisions. More importantly I want to see them play these encounters while trying to explain/justify the design. A Bungie stream during the height of HM Scrota glitches would have been comedy gold.

Did you see the Bungie stream of normal Crota a few months ago when they had the Raid designer present? It was pretty telling. They explained each section well and the intent of what they were trying to do and that was interesting, but when it got to Crota encounter it went off the rails. The whole team "cheesed" with the lower room strat, including during Ogre's, except for the guy who was streaming who stayed alone in the crystal room to make it seem like something important was going on when thralls came running in.

The Raid designer later admitted that this was an "acceptable" strat for normal, but not for Hard, which is why they put a Gatekeeper down there. Funny how the center platform was never addressed and everyone basically continued to do the same thing.

Magik

Yeah, very very true about the 1 level disadvantage. The light level system is so counter intuitive I don't think most people realize how extreme 1 level down is (and how negligible 1 level above is).

After the HM Scrota debacle I have no idea who is continuing to make these decisions. More importantly I want to see them play these encounters while trying to explain/justify the design. A Bungie stream during the height of HM Scrota glitches would have been comedy gold.

I don't think much thought was put into the light level system at all as its so cut and dry. For example, you can be 1 single light away from hitting Level 33 but it makes no difference in the disadvantage compared to a person who just hit Level 32. It makes no sense as to why it doesn't scale as your light increases towards the next Level.

It's also quite obvious the person or persons who are coming up with these decisions don't play their game at all. To me, its just them trying to come up with as many ways as possible to keep the encounters as hard as possible so that people continue to try over and over to artificially lengthen the game as the content in Destiny is rather... light.

Of course, at the end of the day, here we are still playing the game.

It's not so much a hidden perk as it is the only way Wolf Pack Rounds would work as intended. If the rocket hit the target square on, all the wolfpack rounds would immediately detonate because of how it works, making it not only ludicrously ridiculous(As if it isn't already), but well...not having cool missiles chase around.

Hmm... Not sure how you get that conclusion. The rockets frequently hit dead on and then the WP rounds proc in multiple waves, sustaining damage over time and tracking nearby targets. They never spawn instantly, all at once, it's always staggered release after initial detonation.

You can tell the difference between a dead on hit and a prox det because a direct hit will have an additional damage marker for the impact of the rocket itself on the target (I.e. It doesn't prox det before reaching the trarget). For prox det, the first hit marker to pop will be the blast radius explosion.

Hmm... Not sure how you get that conclusion. The rockets frequently hit dead on and then the WP rounds proc in multiple waves, sustaining damage over time and tracking nearby targets. They never spawn instantly, all at once, it's always staggered release after initial detonation.

You can tell the difference between a dead on hit and a prox det because a direct hit will have an additional damage marker for the impact of the rocket itself on the target (I.e. It doesn't prox det before reaching the trarget). For prox det, the first hit marker to pop will be the blast radius explosion.

house of lies etc.

Is it better to arc sniper or thunderlord on Skolas?

Make sure it's high impact but arc sniper is way better. TLord is nice to switch to when needed/out of special ammo but sniper crits are the most reliable key to success. Eff spear does 9.6k per crit, TL does about one tenth that per crit and it's harder to keep consistent shots on him with an LMG, plus it doesn't stagger him nearly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom