• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

RdN

Got the Warlock helmet from the Judgment's Chance.

It's ugly and it's perks sucks. I'll keep my Iron Banner one.

Edit: Also, a friend of mine got the Exotic bounty from killing the lvl 34 boss. Pretty sweet.

Hint: 50 seconds of Gjallarhorn and he will be dead... shot from the entrance already.

exactly.. this is their "end game content" its complete bullshit and if you can't find three friends I am locked out of leveling.

I have over 700 hours in Destiny and this is the first time I am actually pretty angry.

ethomaz

Banned
Edit: Also, a friend of mine got the Exotic bounty from killing the lvl 34 boss. Pretty sweet.
How you get the Exotic bounty?

exactly.. this is their "end game content" its complete bullshit and if you can't find three friends I am locked out of leveling.

I have over 700 hours in Destiny and this is the first time I am legitimacy pretty angry.
You can kill him the right way too... any primary weapon deal good damage to him... so you can have two guys shotting him while the other guy take cares of the Eye enemy that will give you the boost to break the shield so when the shield comes this guy will break all the three shields in no time.

It is not that bad and liked the strategy... the others boss with the burn floor is more crazy because there is no way to avoid the floor.

Did you see the Bungie stream of normal Crota a few months ago when they had the Raid designer present? .

Haha yeah I did see that. My favorite part was the explanation for the bridge phase, that it was designed to force everyone to use the sword. Followed by months of LFG posts "...sword runner needed."

I do feel bad for them at times, especially when there's so much criticism for some parts of the game when I know they aren't happy with them either. No way the raid team could've been satisfied with CE after launching with VoG. I'm still hoping they are using that failure to fuel the fire of the next great raid.

I don't think much thought was put into the light level system at all as its so cut and dry. For example, you can be 1 single light away from hitting Level 33 but it makes no difference in the disadvantage compared to a person who just hit Level 32. It makes no sense as to why it doesn't scale as your light increases towards the next Level.

It's also quite obvious the person or persons who are coming up with these decisions don't play their game at all. To me, its just them trying to come up with as many ways as possible to keep the encounters as hard as possible so that people continue to try over and over to artificially lengthen the game as the content in Destiny is rather... light.

Of course, at the end of the day, here we are still playing the game.

Yeah, definitely agree with everything you're saying here. There's no proper feeling of progression in the light levels, whether on the micro level of increasing light within a level or the macro level of increasing levels over your enemies throughout the game. It really misses that RPG-power-up sensation, especially with TDB and HoW focusing on forced under leveling.

But it's also worth repeating that I absolutely love the game, one of my very favorites of all time, which is why I keep playing. Probably doesn't get said enough. :)

A_Gorilla

Banned
In about half an hour, I'll need 2 people to do the lvl 32 PoE. If possible, I'd also like to run it for my other 2 characters, so 3x total.

PSN: El_Bombastico

How you get the Exotic bounty?

You can kill him the right way too... any primary weapon deal good damage to him... so you can have two guys shotting him while the other guy take cares of the Eye enemy that will give you the boost to break the shield so when the shield comes this guy will break all the three shields in no time.

It is not that bad and liked the strategy... the others boss with the burn floor is more crazy because there is no way to avoid the floor.

my team of 34,33,33 with 365 fatebringers and gallys couldnt even begin to work him. Were we standing in the wrong place?

my team of 34,33,33 with 365 fatebringers and gallys couldnt even begin to work him. Were we standing in the wrong place?

You need,

One guy clearing adds
One guy shooting at Qodros
The last one on Eye Qodros duty (lets call him Eye)

Your team have to position on the left side area of the room The guy killing adds on the right side of the "base",Qodros main DPS in the middle and the Eye killer on the left side of the base, keep killing adds giving the Qodros main person do the DPS, then a Eye of Qodros will appear in from of him or on the right side, the Eye must kill it to receive the buff.

The Eye killer then recives the buff called "Jail Breaker", when you see the debuff get close together and Eye needs to use a LMG to destroy the bubbles faster, he/she would clear the bubble in less than 3 seconds with the buff.

Another Eye of Qodros will appear, DONT kill it but wait around 10-15 seconds then kill it. Qodros will start another debuff soon, so stay together and destroy the bubbles. Repeat.

Yeah, definitely agree with everything you're saying here. There's no proper feeling of progression in the light levels, whether on the micro level of increasing light within a level or the macro level of increasing levels over your enemies throughout the game. It really misses that RPG-power-up sensation, especially with TDB and HoW focusing on forced under leveling.

But it's also worth repeating that I absolutely love the game, one of my very favorites of all time, which is why I keep playing. Probably doesn't get said enough. :)

One big thing they need to do is have horizontal upgrades and not just vertical upgrades. Getting from Light XX to YY isn't fun. Have the gear have unique bonuses that aren't invalidated by the next expansion, IE gear sets like WoW, but unlike WoW don't make one have more light than the other.

Suddenly players select what they want to play, like...like think the Celestial Nighthawk-alot of people are using it in cool ways. 1 shotting the gatekeeper, 1 shotting crotas shield, it opens up a new way of playing. This is what the raid gear needs to do-fuck your oversoul or oracle killing, make it fun. Make players decide between wanting one armor that changes X skill or another that changed Y skill.

Suddenly people will WANT to collect sets of gears and change their playstyles.

ethomaz

Banned
Hummmmm... try to find a place you don't have enemies coming from your back... the left side is a good place (the right too but I found the left better because you can see and shot the boss easily and there is one or two Eye enemies coming from one of the sides).

I did some experiences and a 331 Crota Pulse Rifle for some time before the first shield time and his health bar was a little below 3/4 already...I think any weapon deals a good damage on him... just take some time... if you can use snipers I guess it will be faster.

The key is really one guy killing the Eye dude to break the shields... use shotguns in the shields it is the best way (two or three shots after the Eye's boost break one shield)... if you can manage to break the three shields every time then you will have the needed time to deal damage to the boss even with shitty primaries.

That is what I can say.

You need,

One guy clearing adds
One guy shooting at Qodros
The last one on Eye Qodros duty (lets call him Eye)

Just positioning on the left side area of the room, keep killing adds giving the Qodros main person do the DPS, then a Eye of Qodros will appear in from of him or on the right side, the Eye must kill it to recive the buff.

The Eye killer then recives the buff, when you see the debuff get close together and Eye needs to use a LMG to destroy the bubbles faster, he/she would clear the bubble in less than 3 seconds with the buff.

Another Eye of Qodros will appear, DONT kill it but wait around 10-15 seconds then kill him then Qodros will start another debuff, stay together and destroy the bubble. Repeat.
You put in way simple way than I'm :D

If one guy can kill the Eye and break the shields (bubbles)... the other two can kills adds and deal damage to the boss... pretty much that.

spyder_ur

22-7 on my learn The Last Word quest. Got Ill Will with Spray and Play and Final Round- anyone messed around with it? Seems like a Lash-type weapon - I've never loved the Lash.

I got another ghallarhorn. I'm gonna have to start sharding them :(

Yea last week when the DLC came out, I ran out of space to the point I had to shard a lot. Had to shard 2 horns and a hawkmoon. I felt pretty bad but needed space for the new stuff.

rc213

Nice run chiqii59 and Maco_Tovarich.

Too bad I now hate you both since you both got Hawkmoons and I got a helmet I'm already wearing. Boooooooooooooo I say!

ethomaz

Banned
Well I'm open to help in a Nightfall this night... I need to do that with my Hunter.

Edit - Seem like I found a team.

Wilde

Anyone online now that has the normal and hard gorgon checkpoints?

Also, anyone want to do a couple hard Atheon kills? I've got the checkpoint.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm level 33 and would really like to get my first Etheric light. NF hasn't helped me out and I shouldn't be allowed near ToO. I haven't gotten to do PoE 34 yet as my friends have all been too busy the last week or so. Would anyone like to help me do it?

PSN: The_Sacred

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats!

Honestly, feeling pretty frustrated. Can't play without Gjallarhorn. Bungie shouldn't have bottlenecks that prevent participation like this.

Video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73k8aXepJs

You should be able to join for next run. Between me and whoever we still had 9 Horn rockets left. I think the problem is that we have to hit him directly with it. Splash damage does much less than direct hit. That's why I chose to fire in front of them bubble instead of peeking out left or right.

Frostburn

Congrats!

Honestly, feeling pretty frustrated. Can't play without Gjallarhorn. Bungie shouldn't have bottlenecks that prevent participation like this.

I know those feels, nothing like being a less desirable player due to not having the RNG luck to get a Ghorn to drop for you.

Edit: I don't fault players for using the Ghorn blitz strat, I fault Bungie for letting it go on so long or not leveling the playing field for long time players by offering the weapon more than once from Xur. I'd pay 300 Strange Coins for one Gjallarhorn if he sold it this Friday. The video Kadey posted above shows how awesome the weapon is.

Given the choice between a <1 minute fight vs. a 12 minute + fight super concentrated and focused team effort with little to no error of course people would rather the former. Did feel nice to not use that strat and still beat him today though. Certainly felt impossible till we got the detain shield/jail breaker thing down though.

Congrats!

Not really in this week, I havent reach 35 PoE but the Qodros battle is viable without any Horn and 33's players. Maybe most of us have the mindset of always using the Horn in any encounter to solve everything which hits really hard in Bungie mechanics.

XenoRaven

Official mascots of the no Ghallarhorn club;

450px-Part_10-04.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom