• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Different encounters, same strategy. No creative way to do things.
I get the feeling that the first two expansions were kind of rushed out there. Technically, a large portion of the player base owned both expansions day one, so there's less incentive for them to stuff them with content. I bet the next expansion will be pretty big, because they have to convince everyone to drop money on it.

I get the feeling that the first two expansions were kind of rushed out there. Technically, a large portion of the player base owned both expansions day one, so there's less incentive for them to stuff them with content. I bet the next expansion will be pretty big, because they have to convince everyone to drop money on it.

Nah, I think the last gen is really costing Bungie to add new things, you just have to look how much Warframe have evolved is still adding new areas and weaposn each patch.

Most of the content was already there, just locked on Destiny.

Hey Destiny-GAF,

New user here! Started playing a few weeks ago and just got to level 30.

Wanted to try the Nightfall event for the first time tonight, but I just realized there's no matchmaking. Anyone wanna join me?

I'm on a PS4, gamertag Marco_Tovarich.

Cheers!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Anyone wanna help me and Kadey kill Qodron? gjallahorn seems like a must

noomi

Just realized I've been using the last word wrong this whole time, just switched to aggressive ballistics... Dear god yes.

Skolas is a really well made encounter that's mostly ruined by elemental Burns. Makes it too annoying to try and stay alive, so everyone just kills him quickly with burn weapons, which removes virtually all mechanics. I'd be happy to lose the 3x damage boost if it meant I could reasonably stay alive long enough to engage with the encounter, instead of getting insta-wrecked by 3x-damage-buffed enemies.

They really need to get over the idea of "multiplying damage modifiers = challenge." E.g. Lightswitch is so stupid, makes no sense that suddenly a weakling dreg can one shot the entire fire team.

Frostburn

Anyone wanna help me and Kadey kill Qodron? gjallahorn seems like a must

We did it with myself using HoC as 34 Warlock, 33 Hunter with Ghorn and 34 Titan with Ghorn. Really takes planning and communication. Priority is someone killing the Eye of Qodron before Qodron starts searching for targets. Everyone needs to get as safe as possible and close but not all on top of each other. Jailbreaker needs to use a shotgun on his bubble and then the other two but the others can start breaking their own with Shotguns as well. If health isn't close to full before you get detained you will die from detainment damage pulse (seems to tick every 1/2 to 1 second). Priority is killing the eye for the jailbreaker buff, other two focus on adds and boss (Hobs are the biggest threat). It takes some time but once you have the strat down and can get through the detainment phase it all comes together.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
We did it with myself using HoC as 34 Warlock, 33 Hunter with Ghorn and 34 Titan with Ghorn. Really takes planning and communication. Priority is someone killing the Eye of Qodron before Qodron starts searching for targets. Everyone needs to get as safe as possible and close but not all on top of each other. Jailbreaker needs to use a shotgun on his bubble and then the other two but the others can start breaking their own with Shotguns as well. If health isn't close to full before you get detained you will die from detainment damage pulse (seems to tick every 1/2 to 1 second). Priority is killing the eye for the jailbreaker buff, other two focus on adds and boss (Hobs are the biggest threat). It takes some time but once you have the strat down and can get through the detainment phase it all comes together.

I feel like I need a better shotgun for the detainment bit, I'm almost never able to make it out in time. Or i begin that phase with too low health :<

I feel like I need a better shotgun for the detainment bit, I'm almost never able to make it out in time. Or i begin that phase with too low health :<

Use a Titans's Blessing of light, the Bubbles starts draining your health so if you are nearly death you will die anyway.

Wallach

Skolas is a really well made encounter that's mostly ruined by elemental Burns. Makes it too annoying to try and stay alive, so everyone just kills him quickly with burn weapons, which removes virtually all mechanics. I'd be happy to lose the 3x damage boost if it meant I could reasonably stay alive long enough to engage with the encounter, instead of getting insta-wrecked by 3x-damage-buffed enemies.

They really need to get over the idea of "multiplying damage modifiers = challenge." E.g. Lightswitch is so stupid, makes no sense that suddenly a weakling dreg can one shot the entire fire team.

It's exacerbated by the modifiers being put in a fight where you are at a 1 level disadvantage. The adds are simply way too dangerous with two different active multipliers on the battlefield.

I just watched Datto do the fight again "legit" (i.e. dealing with all mechanics individually), I just can't see why they thought that was a good idea.

Deku Tree

Those two are actually just nearly identical. There's like four shotties that I'd look at:

- Felwinter's Lie
- Matador 64
- Party Crasher +1
- Judgment IV

The main differences really are that the list gets faster in fire rate and lower in impact as you go down the list. Not by a lot, mind; they're all pretty similar to each other.

I got a Matador 64 the other day with a lot of good range buffs. I thought the Party Crasher was better? No?

rNilla

The Ram! Life Steal? More like Heart Rip.

oiuP9v2.jpg

spyder_ur

Yup, perfect balance all the way.

Aggressive ballistics and perfect balance are the only choices for TLW.

Thanks, just went 24 and 9 with it. I think the biggest adjustment is getting into range with it and also figuring out when is the appropriate range to hip fire. I am used to fighting in the midrange with Hawkmoon. I'm not well versed at sniping so I feel naked in that range with TLW.

Also, control on pantheon is terrible.

Wallach

I got a Matador 64 the other day with a lot of good range buffs. I thought the Party Crasher was better? No?

It's basically slightly less impact and slightly better fire rate. The real differences between these guns in practice are mostly edge cases where either someone gets 1-shot where they barely would have survived (favoring Matador 64) or you just barely lose an engagement or secure a kill because you can't refire the shotgun in time (favoring Judgment IV). Party Crasher +1 sort of sits in the middle of those shotguns.

Ken

34 defender looking for 34 and/or 35 PoE. Have ascended found verdict, 365 fallen arc sniper and 365 Thunderlord. PSN!

Insaniac

Man, back to back Horn and Hawkmoon from the nightfalls?
That's an amazing loot!
Do tell us what you get from the third one, it'll either be a combo breaker or a Thunderlord at this point. :)

I'm hoping for Celestial, I already have 3 thunderlords >.>

It's exacerbated by the modifiers being put in a fight where you are at a 1 level disadvantage. The adds are simply way too dangerous with two different active multipliers on the battlefield.

I just watched Datto do the fight again "legit" (i.e. dealing with all mechanics individually), I just can't see why they thought that was a good idea.

Yeah, very very true about the 1 level disadvantage. The light level system is so counter intuitive I don't think most people realize how extreme 1 level down is (and how negligible 1 level above is).

After the HM Scrota debacle I have no idea who is continuing to make these decisions. More importantly I want to see them play these encounters while trying to explain/justify the design. A Bungie stream during the height of HM Scrota glitches would have been comedy gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom