• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Don't worry, you'll get there eventually
Eh? I have two. But one of the three in my group did not have the weapon so we had to do it legit. I felt pride that we can get it legit and it didn't take too too long once we calmed down and focused, I'm just saying it's discouraging that this one weapon trumps everything.

Got my Warlock up to 34 tonight. Fasted I've ever hit the cap, so that's a nice feeling. Now I gotta devote a bunch of time to getting my Hunter (31) and Titan (30) caught up. I do like my gear on my Titan right now though, so that may just be a case of getting enough etheric light to ascend him. The Level 34 PoE is pretty brutal this week though, unless you've got a fireteam of 34s all with Gjallahorn, which I am not fortunate enough to have. Meanwhile one of my buddies got his fourth or fifth today... Oh well.

Haemi

After Days and Months of playing and getting nothing:

First dragon strike: legendary fusionrifle and legendary ship
Second dragon strike: Icebreaker
Nightfall: finally Gjallarhorn
Queen bounties: legendary engram -> Mida Multi Tool

iDPo4jp.jpg

Those were some super fast PoE runs, 32+34+35 in ~2 hours. Skolas wrecked in 24 minutes. Good stuff guys, very fun. Excited to finally get a bounty even if it means I have to do stupid Queen's bounties and/or farm chests.

Weird lag where the bounty popped before Skolas finally died. Sorry Breezy, your time will come. Took me until my 9th Skolas kill for it to drop.

hEist

tried PoE 34 yesterday.
until Qodron everything was easy, but then we reached him. We were 3x33, tried here and there some stuff but only could get him to 50% health with about 40 shots of Gjallarhorns.

This is not possible when the team is level 33. god damn... frustrating.

Ji66a-Man

iDPo4jp.jpg

Those were some super fast PoE runs, 32+34+35 in ~2 hours. Skolas wrecked in 24 minutes. Good stuff guys, very fun. Excited to finally get a bounty even if it means I have to do stupid Queen's bounties and/or farm chests.

Weird lag where the bounty popped before Skolas finally died. Sorry Breezy, your time will come. Took me until my 9th Skolas kill for it to drop.

See, RNGesus blessed you today. It didn't forget about your prayers.

see me reforgin'
they hatin
mad cause imma be blinkin with shotty
cant catch me blinkin shotty
mah range is so far
i'm snipin'
they hopin to run away but i aint gon' have it
tryin run from party crasha'

tried PoE 34 yesterday.
until Qodron everything was easy, but then we reached him. We were 3x33, tried here and there some stuff but only could get him to 50% health with about 40 shots of Gjallarhorns.

This is not possible when the team is level 33. god damn... frustrating.
feels like he is a raid boss, pretty hard until you figured out the mechanics

iDPo4jp.jpg

Amazing run for sure! I feel so bad for Breezy <3

I need four etheric lights in order to ascend the armor i want for my hunte(maybe three since I'm undecided on the helmet.) seems like it'll take a month if I decide to spec my titania in a similar fashion(blah to my warlock)

iDPo4jp.jpg

So was that your first run for the week on the character? Curious, because if not that's means the bounty is farmable

I need four etheric lights in order to ascend the armor i want for my hunte(maybe three since I'm undecided on the helmet.) seems like it'll take a month if I decide to spec my titania in a similar fashion(blah to my warlock)

There're 5 guaranteed ELights per character per week, plus possible NFall drops. One from lv34 and 35 PoE, one from silver and gold ToO packages and one from the Mercury chest in ToO. If you arent a PvP master, try to tag along with a few of the Gaf pro trains this weekend who carried tons and tons of folks last weekend.

I've got 7 EL now, with another 9 coming this weekend. They can add up quickly, and give flexibility for multiple Lv34 builds on each character.

MechDX

Haven't played in a long while, 6 months or so. Hopped online cause a new friend got the game. Bought one of the expansions and an old friend ran me through prison of Elders. Got a Gallahorn from the chest.

First found exotic I have ever received in this game.

See, RNGesus blessed you today. It didn't forget about your prayers.

Haha yeah, the key was not having you in the party, of course!

So was that your first run for the week on the character? Curious, because if not that's means the bounty is farmable

It was the first run on this character this week. My Titan killed him 3x last week and my Hunter and Warlock had already killed him 2x today but it was the first kill for my Titan.

We'd discussed possibly farming Skolas kills with a good team. Just snipe him to death, intentionally wipe to mines, and try again. No idea if you could actually farm the exotic bounty and/or elemental primaries this way but it'd be an easy option if the strat was on farm.

There're 5 guaranteed ELights per character per week, plus possible NFall drops. One from lv34 and 35 PoE, one from silver and gold ToO packages and one from the Mercury chest in ToO. If you arent a PvP master, try to tag along with a few of the Gaf pro trains this weekend who carried tons and tons of folks last weekend.

I've got 7 EL now, with another 9 coming this weekend. They can add up quickly, and give flexibility for multiple Lv34 builds on each character.

I was not aware of all the oopportunities To get etheric lights. However, I limited myself based on the recent trends of requiring certain weapons to complete said PoE sections. In regards to PvP, I have completely lost my edge and feel useless in trials xD.

unstable carried me through the trials and I was grateful(mercury was a quite a sight for me lol)

Zoba kept me pumped up, but I proved to be worse than imagined lol

ocean

Banned
see me reforgin'
they hatin
mad cause imma be blinkin with shotty
mah range is so far
i'm snipin'
they hopin to run away but i aint gon' have it
12d.jpg

Cheesed by spamming horn then immediately using synth? "Legit" way is just to make sure someone kills the shiny "Eye" Goblin before the boss starts looking for targets (meaning he'll detain everyone). The detain bubbles will slowly kill you and can only be broken by the person who killed the shiny Goblin and got the "Jailbreak" buff. You have to be careful because the JB only lasts 30 seconds so you don't want to kill one too quickly after the last detain round or else it will wear off too soon.

If you have the JB, make sure you shotty is full when the boss looks for targets and have everyone group together so you can quickly blast out. Then DPS the boss with Horns and snipers but prepare to look for the Eye goblin again. If you don't jailbreak, you can have a warlock self res and the detains will go away, you can res the team and keep going. We just grouped up in the left side corner. A little tricky but not bad.

That was a fun fight, I wouldn't cheese that...

REMEMBER THE SNIPING HOBGOBLIN MAJORS! FUN! :p

Omni

IDK Skolus this week is ridiculous. Can't quite get him down. Spent hours today and furthest we got was like 20% health left

Ken

Pro-tip for boss of 34:

if you blow up the eye's head you can "tank" him around till you're ready for Detain

Just did it without burning him down with Wallach and Shifter. Pretty fun fight.

Zocano

You don't necessarily need it, it just makes the fight extremely easier. It's definitely doable without spamming Ghorn.

The problem *is* that it makes everything easier. And not just a little not easier. You can circumvent so much of so many fights just by having a team of 3. I'm not saying the fights are all perfect nor that everyone should just put up with them. But with Gjallarhorn being so absurdly better than anything behind it, it just makes a shitty stigma for team forming and puts Bungie devs in an awkward corner design wise.

Anybody want to do Crucible this morning? Still got the Skirmish bounty.

Or knock out some of those Queen bounties? Since I need to farm keys now (not for the exotic bounty or anything, don't worry Breezy)

Or do Lv32 PoE 1–2x?

Ken

The problem *is* that it makes everything easier. And not just a little not easier. You can circumvent so much of so many fights just by having a team of 3. I'm not saying the fights are all perfect nor that everyone should just put up with them. But with Gjallarhorn being so absurdly better than anything behind it, it just makes a shitty stigma for team forming and puts Bungie devs in an awkward corner design wise.

Seems like a common trend in PoE mechanic fights is mechanics don't trigger till boss is low enough for burn anyways. If Detain triggered at 90% or even at the start it would make GHorn burn trickier.

Skele7on

Banned
All you guys are playing POE

Meanwhile I'm sitting here farming for keys.

Also GG on my nightfall drops more Etheric Light another P&T and one mote...

Trials should have the chance to drop keys, considering the weapons from POE are more for Trials and Trials weapons are better for POE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom