• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lucky so-and-so. I killed him 4 times last week and 4 times today with no luck. Also cleared 2 Lv34 PoEs today and no exotic bounties, even though it dropped 3x combined for my other two teammates. ;_;

On the bright side, congrats on the kill and hope you clear the mines next time! Good luck!

If you want exotics, don't play with me or Ji66a man. We steal everything nowadays :p

Drizzay and Val got the cipher bounty

I got nothing

:(

Well I got the ship shader and emblem

Case in point :p

Anybody want to do Crucible this morning? Still got the Skirmish bounty.

Or knock out some of those Queen bounties? Since I need to farm keys now (not for the exotic bounty or anything, don't worry Breezy)

Or do Lv32 PoE 1–2x?
I just did a PoE 32 but I'm down to do another one or two. I just need 20-25 min because I'm starving and need to make some food. If you don't find a crew by then I will be happy to join you.

Wallach

Pro-tip for boss of 34:

if you blow up the eye's head you can "tank" him around till you're ready for Detain

Just did it without burning him down with Wallach and Shifter. Pretty fun fight.

Yeah, and really we didn't have a planned setup for it; we had two self-revives but no real decent way to generate super for bubbles (nevermind that I was using that AR the entire time just... for reasons). I felt like our positioning was actually pretty good for that fight though - being in front of that spawn door just right of entrance is actually pretty solid since you can just kill one side of spawns immediately, and have everything else out in front of you with plenty of cover when detains go out. It wasn't really that hard to get decent sniper shots from the left in front of the main entrance when the adds were cleared out just strafe-juking the boss.

I think if one person was built for orb generation they could use that spawn door to reliably generate 8 orbs, and you'd be pretty set.

Nuszka

Morning dgaf. Last night I lucked out on a key from queens bounty which I was farming for over 2 days lol.So straight after that I ran Poe 34 and got at the queens cipher (2nd step of exotic bounty) from the main chest, mind this drop is RNG based, felt very luck. Now just waiting for varricks to eventually call me when he feels like it. Some reports say between 1 to 4 days lol.

Pro-tip for boss of 34:

if you blow up the eye's head you can "tank" him around till you're ready for Detain

Just did it without burning him down with Wallach and Shifter. Pretty fun fight.

We did that too. Kept it alive at 5% health till the searching for targets notification popped up.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The problem with that is many people, even here, only look for people with Gjallarhorn so it just makes a shitty atmosphere for us who don't have one.

I can understand that.

I still have mixed feelings about cheesing generally (as anyone who has raided with me recently will know). I know it's easier, but sometimes going through a tough encounter is the most fun.

bitsurugi

Yeah strats like that always look nice in the video where it actually worked but not necessarily any more reliable than Arc snipers.

365 Arc Eff Spear with Field Scout is the top dawg, Final Round is ideal but not essential. It's a 9.6k crit shot with I-WoL, FR is another +33% on top of that. P&T has too low impact plus takes away your TLord spot, but the PoE sniper is great as well like you said (same impact as LDR, which is another good option especially if it has FScout).

A Titan for I-WoL is the most important part though. A Hunter to invis-dismantle mines if you don't kill him right away is nice as well. Ideally you can drop him with snipers in time for the first mine wave, especially if everyone has Arc FS Spears.

About the ''new'' Skolas: i actually would love to fight him with any modifier that ain't burn. The fight itself is cool in it's mechanics, too bad the burns make it tedious 1-shot fests from the godzillion of adds, and even ONE random death can cause a wipe, due to the fact how debuff and the immunity works.

There is also the randomness of the mines spawn, since with opposite spawning is hard to survive in an arc burn environment.

In fact the burn modifier is the main reason for the conclusion that a ''nuke'' strat is and will always be the most effective and consistent one, since every second you prolong the fight, the more chances are that one random hit will one(two)-shot you and cause a wipe, due to the mine/debuff mechanics.

That is also why, buble titans are the best, since there are almost no reliable safe spots (unless you do the zone glitch). No burn would at leats give you some chances of survival, let's not forget that mobs are one level higher and majors have TONS of hp on 35 (plus shield).

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm so fucking irritated at the 34 PoE boss. Finally found a team. We were three 33s. Took us forever to get to the boss and then we could never even get close to beating him. I just wanted my first etheric light. I can't just depend on RNG to eventually give it to me. What a waste of time. I've got to get the shader and stuff from the 35 eventually but I really never want to do the Prison of Elders stuff again.

AC9tG5C.png
Is this a good perk set for DOA?

Shito

I still don't understand why Bungie feels the need to make the PVE high-end content "difficult", while limiting the rewards to once per week at the same time.
I'm having a great time running 32s because I have the level for it, but running the same kind of content while being under-levelled *and* with burns conveniently chosen so they are the most dangerous ones for the players are really not my definition of fun.
They started introducing modifiers that were favouring players, so I suppose they at least realized they were going a bit too much on the "unfair" side, but I don't understand why they absolutely want us to suffer each week for rewards that are not even that good to begin with. You are already limiting my chances at getting something from these weekly activities, Bungie, you could at least make them *fun* to play!
I still refuse to run 34s as long as I'm not 34 myself, but at least I can see this mode being more fair than PoE 35: for all the shits Qodron is getting this week, it at least seems like you can learn the encounter without having the game against you at all times. Still, it seems they could make them a little bit easier and it wouldn't hurt anybody...
I love to play your game, Bungie, but I don't want to be struggling against it.

About the ''new'' Skolas: i actually would love to fight him with any modifier that ain't burn.

Yep, pretty much my feelings exactly. I'd posted something last night along the same lines, how it's a great encounter tainted (pun intended!) by annoying burns. Can't blame anyone for using whatever nuke strategy works each week, especially with the double-whammy of being forced 1 level down from the enemies.

Would love to see Skolas with any non-burn modifier some week soon.

I got it, and honestly think No Land Beyond is better.

Working on the bounty now, but still have time to switch to the shotgun. Any reasons why you dislike it that much? Just curious since I haven't heard from many people that actually have the exotic weapons yet.

I got it, and honestly think No Land Beyond is better.

Honestly, after talking to a few folks who have gotten the weapons, it seems that Dregs promise is the most promising since it's a side arm and it's special perk is generally stronger than the other exotics.

Hey, that's funny, I got one dropping for me with nearly the same perks!
Got auto fire on it, though. ^^

It looks good to me, I'm still levelling it up to see if it's as good as it looks. :)

I rerolled again, got full auto, luck in the chamber, field choke, extra ranged barrel(And uh, High Caliber Rounds for fun). Much stronker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom