• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

recks

Working on the bounty now, but still have time to switch to the shotgun. Any reasons why you dislike it that much? Just curious since I haven't heard from many people that actually have the exotic weapons yet.
It does close to no damage, and the charge rate is terrible. With that charge rate you expect it to do some good damage, but nope, It doesn't even kill a vandal with a headshot, on pvp it's 2 BS or a HS, can't take a captain or knight shield, and on top of that it feel super clunky. The 'scope' barely changes anything too, one is a sniper scope, and the other is a weird 3 dot scope.

So, what's the best way to farm keys?

Skywatch if you're solo to 3 players. You can go out of the area and back in multiple times per chest to get 2 or 3 dips per chest.

If you're 6 then as much for fun as anything you can go to venus and camp two different areas, then call the whole 6 in from one area to the other.

If you hate the downtime between spawns then constantly run the level 28 or 32 poe and open the small chests there, keys can randomly drop from those too.

Fucking Bungie, that sounds awful.

Yeah...they REALLLLLY dropped the ball for PvE this expansion. I mean, they dropped it last expansion as well, but it just seems particularly awful this time around because it had so much potential.

Looks ace, that's a keeper!

I'm definitely happy with it. I'm rearing to take it into Osiris this weekend!

Don't, the rewards they give aren't worth the grind.

Yeah..aside from the level 35 stuff, the exotic stuff, and the class items, it's not worth it. All the queens items are weak.

Lunar FC

For somebody who is rather clueless on the deeper aspects of this game, is their a good place I could go to learn about a lot of this stuff that really isn't getting discussed much in this thread anymore?

phen0m24

For somebody who is rather clueless on the deeper aspects of this game, is their a good place I could go to learn about a lot of this stuff that really isn't getting discussed much in this thread anymore?

The first page of each thread has links to information about the game, leveling up, etc. That may be what you're looking for. If not feel free to ask away.

todd360

#mythocast!

did I do good fig? Look at my advertisement!

4th horseman strategy is a bust on Skolas.

Back to sniping.

If it ain't broke... If it works that's cool but I strongly doubt anything is more reliable than sniping, especially if everyone had 365 Spears or something close. Shotties sound super fun though.

Btw I ran a 32 PoE earlier, not sure when I'll be back on but hoepfully I can manage if you/others are still doing PoE or bounties or w/e.

As the kindly sir Phenom mentioned, the OP has lots of great beginner/intermediate info and linked resources. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask away!

Sometimes the easiest way to get a Destiny crash course is to hang out in party chat and talk w some of the seasoned vets, if you get into a raid or Nightfall group around here.

Lunar FC

The first page of each thread has links to information about the game, leveling up, etc. That may be what you're looking for. If not feel free to ask away.

I've peaked a little into that stuff but don't even know where to start. I got the game at launch, got to level 20 and kinda just dropped off there. But for some reason recently gained a new found interested. I've got a level 31 hunter with most my gear coming from grinding strike playlists and playing crucible (really really badly). But when I come in here and it's like a different language.
#mythocast!

did I do good fig? Look at my advertisement!
Hmm..I am a sucker for some pods..

As the kindly sir Phenom mentioned, the OP has lots of great beginner/intermediate info and linked resources. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask away!

Sometimes the easiest way to get a Destiny crash course is to hang out in party chat and talk w some of the seasoned vets, if you get into a raid or Nightfall group around here.

I've tried a couple times to see if anybody wants to do vault of glass as that's the one thing from the base game I've yet to do, but usually don't get any responses. Maybe will have better luck when the new expansion hype dies down.

Jinjo

Dang, didn't go three for three with my Elder Cipher. Dregs Promise will have to wait, but soon LoW and the Bow will be mine!

So the Elder Cipher is a random drop on completing lv34/35 right? It has a chance to drop every single time you complete it in any given week? And to further the bounty you have to find something locked away in the big treasure chest right?

Asking this cause if I have it correct I might just save all my treasure keys till I get the exotic bounty...

So the Elder Cipher is a random drop on completing lv34/35 right? It has a chance to drop every single time you complete it in any given week? And to further the bounty you have to find something locked away in the big treasure chest right?

Asking this cause if I have it correct I might just save all my treasure keys till I get the exotic bounty...

Definitely save your keys. No reason not to until you do skolas 35 or get a bounty.

Jinjo

Definitely save your keys. No reason not to until you do skolas 35 or get a bounty.

I already got the shader/ship from Skolas once and as far as I understood it's sorta bugged as it won't drop on other characters right? Might just use one key on my Hunter as she hasn't opened the chest once and the first time is a guarantee exotic if I am correct? Other than that definitely saving my keys. Queen weapons are shite.

Actually, all the new weapons are shit due to the new perks. Why would I ever dump my old awesome rolls for these shittier perks? They nerfed the good perk possibilities hard.

Samus4145

So close last night in my attempt at PoE 34 as a 33. The boss had ZERO pixels of health, but must have needed one more hit by anything. So pissed we didn't have a Sunbro.

noomi

After looking at the wolves weapons I've collected thus far, I feel completely underwhelmed by them.

So far VoG has given us some amazing weapons, TDB brought some really nice additions as well. HoW..... nothing really stands out as extraordinary....

Maybe the solar shotgun and solar hand cannon... but that's about it.

He has boots and solar fusion rifle.

Oh does he? I didn't check today yet, looked right when reset happened yesterday morning and he didn't show anything in his inventory.

If anyone needs a third on xb1 for poe 32 or 34 for the next 2 hours send me an invite. GT:mysticstryk

I'll be playing witcher 3 in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom