• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the most efficient way to increase your Vanguard rank?

Also, just hit level 30. PvE is starting to click for me though I used to be all PvP all the time. This game is pretty darned good! The random public events are a nice inclusion.

Lastly I just found the schematics for the ship Outrageous Fortune. It is gorgeous. I'll post a pic soon. Is it pretty rare?

Frenden

Banned
Thanks man. Yea it is a shitty map. I'll take a look what the map is but most likely have to skip out for my own sanity, unless it is a great 3v3 map I might consider it.

The map is garbage for sure.

Last week was a hot mess for me. I didn't spend 20 hours, but I got nowhere in a few full cards. I hear you.

Rather than quit Destiny, I made peace with there being some loot that I'll probably never get.

I'm not typically bad at PvP either--but Trials was kicking my ass.

Well someone is lying...

giphy.gif

ain't me

Mindlog

It's a pretty great thing when you wander into an LFG group looking to do the same exact thing you are.

Downed Quodra 3 times in a few minutes. Bounty completed in .18% of the time it took Variks to fix the Cipher.
Collect the whole set.
HYkneJp.jpg

Now where's the Fate of All Fools at?

So I just went 8-1. Had one more round and they put us against the toughest team possible. We didn't win one single match. They completely annihilated us.

I wonder if the matchmaking tries to screw you before you go 9-0. Just to keep you playing. I dunno. This sucks and I hate this game.

Goddammit.

Kyne

Need 1 for ToO. Trying to get some armor on an alt. Not pro here but I can hold my own.. all I ask is you do the same. :x

Ken

Thanks man. Yea it is a shitty map. I'll take a look what the map is but most likely have to skip out for my own sanity, unless it is a great 3v3 map I might consider it.

Pantheon is ok...

It's less offensive than Last Light so that's a win in my book.

[

It's a pretty great thing when you wander into an LFG group looking to do the same exact thing you are.

Downed Quodra 3 times in a few minutes. Bounty completed in .18% of the time it took Variks to fix the Cipher.
Collect the whole set.
HYkneJp.jpg

Now where's the Fate of All Fools at?

Gratz, don't think FOAF if available yet.

spyder_ur

Turning in a 2-win card is so depressing. Got to 8-0 twice last week, not feeling it this week though I'll give it another run tomorrow. Very much looking forward to IB though.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Light in the dark fr Thorn. Make sure you have void weapons though.

Just checked the stuff to do. "500 guardians kills with void damage" damnnnnn, do assists count? also a void primary would really help with this.

Turning in a 2-win card is so depressing. Got to 8-0 twice last week, not feeling it this week though I'll give it another run tomorrow. Very much looking forward to IB though.
Yeah this week has been rough for me. Pantheon is just not my map. I'm gonna keep trying until tomorrow night though. I really want those boots on my two other characters.

low grade humility roll

shortgaze
hidden hand
injection mold
surplus

keep? i want unflinching but i've been rolling this for 20 minutes and i'm running out of weapons to dismantle

would prefer clown cartridge and unflinching but when i got it the sights were awful

Anastasis

Just checked the stuff to do. "500 guardians kills with void damage" damnnnnn, do assists count? also a void primary would really help with this.

I'm half way through it. 5 for a void kill, 2 for a death. If you've got he bounty on a Titan or warlock, choose a subclass that is void based and grenades and melee should count as well. Want to play some control with me to have each other's back as we complete it? Psn:vernonhillz

Assists count, you get something like 5 points for each kill I think so you don't need 500 kills. My advice is get a void shotgun with rangefinder/shot package and rocket launcher and go nuts in Rumble. I was able to clear the thorn bounty in 4-5 hours mostly using this strategy.

It's not kills, it's "points". IIRC correctly killing Warlocks gives you 25 points, any other with void weapons/grenades/supers are 10 or 15. Don't remember if assists count. Definitely still can take a while, or even a nightmare if you struggle at Crucible but it can be done in a afternoon or two. You could always just get a Warlock friend go into Rumble with you and just mow them down repeatedly.

spyder_ur

Yeah this week has been rough for me. Pantheon is just not my map. I'm gonna keep trying until tomorrow night though. I really want those boots on my two other characters.

I was gone for the weekend until 9 tonight, so I was kind of out of rhythm and that map seems to favor snipers heavily. I liked Burning Shrine better which is more circular with more angles to attack and defend.

I think you are in the UK, but I'd at least like to try to get to 5 and 6 on a couple chracters tomorrow if possible.

low grade humility roll

shortgaze
hidden hand
injection mold
surplus

keep? i want unflinching but i've been rolling this for 20 minutes and i'm running out of weapons to dismantle

would prefer clown cartridge and unflinching but when i got it the sights were awful
What about that ToO fusion rifle? Someone mentioned earlier in the day just buying a fuck ton of them and dismantling them. Should solve the problem basically.

Kalamari

low grade humility roll

shortgaze
hidden hand
injection mold
surplus

I would keep it if you are low on weapon parts. Save some up so when another LGH drops you can reforge that without having to worry about a worse roll than the original sniper.

hydruxo

Pantheon is such trash. Every match plays out the same way. I'll try again tomorrow but I'm not having fun with ToO like I did last week on Burning Shrine. The map really makes or breaks this mode.

phen0m24

Have a 3 win/2 loss card. Anyone going to be on tomorrow night? I want to try to get to 5 wins if at all possible.

:)

(keeps expectations low)

I was gone for the weekend until 9 tonight, so I was kind of out of rhythm and that map seems to favor snipers heavily. I liked Burning Shrine better which is more circular with more angles to attack and defend.

I think you are in the UK, but I'd at least like to try to get to 5 and 6 on a couple chracters tomorrow if possible.
I'm in Southern California, but yeah I'll probably be on.

I know how you feel, I spent like 13 - 14 hours yesterday and almost the same amount today.

I did finally do 9-0 but it was more stressful than fun.

I would keep it if you are low on weapon parts. Save some up so when another LGH drops you can reforge that without having to worry about a worse roll than the original sniper.

UGH just rerolled and got shortgaze, spray and play and unflinching. the middle row sucks though. only thing of note is casket mag. LGH needs a stability boost or something :(

low grade humility roll

shortgaze
hidden hand
injection mold
surplus

I have that roll but with hand laid and clown. I took it after a streak of 100 rolls and just hh and shoot to loot.

oh really? what does it cost?

i might just do this because reforging is addictive and i've already spent like 60 motes so why the hell not
It's 500 glimmer I believe. It's the primary reason I want to get to 7 wins. I need weapon parts so bad.

Edit: I just remembered I got to 7 wins on one of my characters. Time to farm some glimmer!

E92 M3

Dammit! It would have to be a ToO launcher :(

Looks like a nice launcher though, better 'git gud' I guess..........

Trust me, I wasn't a fan of PVP at all but after HoW it has become obvious that the best loot is there. Just gotta hit rumble and practice - it has helped me a lot.

Got the Elder Cipher from the level 34, then got a treasure key from one of the small chests. :D

Wow - RNG queen over here lol.

----

I have to say: The Lighthouse is the most atmospheric place in Destiny. The music is beautiful and could just stand there all day! Bungie truly are the masters of creating the skybox. If only other environments in Destiny were this captivating.

Unfortunately, for my third 9-0 I got a Solar Summoner. At least no duplicates yet.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm half way through it. 5 for a void kill, 2 for a death. If you've got he bounty on a Titan or warlock, choose a subclass that is void based and grenades and melee should count as well. Want to play some control with me to have each other's back as we complete it? Psn:vernonhillz

I like this idea psn:error2k7

Assists count, you get something like 5 points for each kill I think so you don't need 500 kills. My advice is get a void shotgun with rangefinder/shot package and rocket launcher and go nuts in Rumble. I was able to clear the thorn bounty in 4-5 hours mostly using this strategy.

I don't know if I have a void shotgun, would've to check my vault, but I definitely have a void RL. I could try re-rolling one of SGs I have and see if it rolls with void damage.

I like this idea psn:error2k7

I don't know if I have a void shotgun, would've to check my vault, but I definitely have a void RL. I could try re-rolling one of SGs I have and see if it rolls with void damage.
It's more risky playing with a machine gun as your heavy, but you'll likely get more kills with it than a rocket launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom