• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warlock Glide > Hunter Hop

Don't care what anyone says. They're wrong.

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

that feel when you're bunny hopping on your warlock and hit the tiniest piece of geometry and have your trajectory thrown off and wind up floating to your death down a hole.

for a class with so much recovery, they sure have a hard time saving themselves from bad jumps.

hunters with directional control jump >>>

the titan lift is good for speed and momentum but it still has the same problem as the glide.

border

Need one more for Qodron in PoE34. Need a Titan if you want to try the burn strategy. Or we can try it legit with another class.

patchday

Need one more for Qodron in PoE34. Need a Titan if you want to try the burn strategy. Or we can try it legit with another class.

L33 warlock with 365 pri/ghorn. no offense if you pass on me for a L34

psn sandboxgod

(I did Qodron earlier this week with my L34 titan; I thought it was not too hard doing it legit)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c5cc54ed6907c4f6b023baf738b94dfd/tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif[/img

that feel when you're bunny hopping on your warlock and hit the tiniest piece of geometry and have your trajectory thrown off and wind up floating to your death down a hole.

for a class with so much recovery, they sure have a hard time saving themselves from bad jumps.

hunters with directional control jump >>>[/QUOTE]

Only advantage with Hunter jump is that they can increase height after decreasing. Warlocks jump accelerate them in any direction. Catapult comes close, but not quite. The glide is just so much more versatile when you get used to how the timing of the second jump affects the horizontal trajectory. The longer you wait, the more "forward" you go versus up - and keeping the glide activated is not how to use it effectively 90% of the time unless you're going for a really high jump. Gotta space the timing and deactivate the jump at the right time with a third jump press to preserve momentum. Glide let's you ski jump. It works completely backwards to the Titan and Hunter jumps so most people are just terrible with it. It's all about the triple tap and bumper jumper with glide :p

patchday

I will probably take Orthagonal -- I wouldn't mind taking someone at 33, but we've already been at it an hour so I just wanna get it done with fast.

Yeah take you at least 1 bubble titan. We ran 2 bubble titans when I did it. So we had a BoL and WoL

Only advantage with Hunter jump is that they can increase height after decreasing. Warlocks jump accelerate them in any direction. Catapult comes close, but not quite. The glide is just so much more versatile when you get used to how the timing of the second jump affects the horizontal trajectory. The longer you wait, the more "forward" you go versus up - and keeping the glide activated is not how to use it effectively 90% of the time unless you're going for a really high jump. Gotta space the timing and deactivate the jump at the right time with a third jump press to preserve momentum. Glide let's you ski jump. It works completely backwards to the Titan and Hunter jumps so most people are just terrible with it. It's all about the triple tap and bumper jumper with glide :p

the ski jump is exactly how i was using it. triple tap gives you a lot of horizontal speed so it's great for covering distances. hunters don't have the highest vertical jump nor the most horizontal jump. but they have the snappiest jump as far as weapon readiness and responsiveness goes. the other two classes are less equipped to fight while they're jumping. a hunter on the other hand can kill two players while jumping over a gap without ever touching the ground.

shermas

I have that roll but with hand laid and clown. I took it after a streak of 100 rolls and just hh and shoot to loot.

What's the God roll for Low Grade Humility? Hand Laid, I'm guessing? I keep getting shoot to loot and that seems like a lame perk, but maybe I'm wrong. I am, sometimes, short on special ammo in PvP.

Played a lot of crucible today and got this to drop for me. Along with Matador, Ill Will and some

Hunter jump makes you far more agile, particularly good in close quarters. Titans and Warlocks spend far too much time floating around.

This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

you're on jumper now. if you're playing a warlock, triple tap the jump while you're running forward. it gives you a boost of forward momentum because you're cancelling the glide right after doing it. the titans are much faster though. in fact, titans are actually the fastest class in the game.

the ski jump is exactly how i was using it. triple tap gives you a lot of horizontal speed so it's great for covering distances. hunters don't have the highest vertical jump nor the most horizontal jump. but they have the snappiest jump as far as weapon readiness and responsiveness goes. the other two classes are less equipped to fight while they're jumping. a hunter on the other hand can kill two players while jumping over a gap without ever touching the ground.

I guess it depends on the circumstance, I find I'm much more effective in the air with my Warlock than with my Hunter's bunny hop. But I can see where something with the Icarus perk would really make Hunter hop shine.

For me, I would rate them like this, based on my experience running all 3 classes with bumper jumper controls:

PvP

Hunter hop
Warlock glide w/ focus burst
Titan jetpack w/ catapult
Warlock blink
Hunter blink

PvE

Titan jetpack w/ lift
Hunter hop
Warlock blink
Hunter blink

This makes no sense.

It makes sense, but it's really hard to explain. You need to cancel glide after activating it with focus burst. Then as soon as you hit the ground jump, activate and cancel again to keep increasing momentum. The shorter time on the ground, the faster you can stack the focus burst - and if you move left, right, or backward before glide canceling, you will "push" yourself in the direction while accelerating. You can really get it so you can turn on a dime at really high speeds considering minimum agility stat and maxed armour and recovery. Catapult Titan can do something similar, actually twice per jump if timed correctly, so they can move around faster. Less total activations per jump compared to glide though.

I guess it depends on the circumstance, I find I'm much more effective in the air with my Warlock than with my Hunter's bunny hop. But I can see where something with the Icarus perk would really make Hunter hop shine.

For me, I would rate them like this, based on my experience running all 3 classes with bumper jumper controls:

PvP

Hunter hop
Titan jetpack w/ catapult
Warlock blink
Hunter blink

PvE

Titan jetpack w/ lift
Hunter hop
Warlock blink
Hunter blink

i'd put titans above warlocks in both lists. hunter blink is also better than warlock blink because hunters have quickdraw for weapon readiness.

jumper is definitely the way to go though.

you're on jumper now. if you're playing a warlock, triple tap the jump while you're running forward. it gives you a boost of forward momentum because you're cancelling the glide right after doing it. the titans are much faster though. in fact, titans are actually the fastest class in the game.

Oh sure, I've done that before. The ski jump part threw me off.

Jeevez

Anybody interested in a fresh Hard Mode Vault of Glass run? Still need vision of confluence and praetorian foil and haven't done a run with my lock so need armor set yet as well. On PS4, Jeeves87.

1. Jeeves87 - 33 Warlock

i'd put titans above warlocks in both lists. hunter blink is also better than warlock blink because hunters have quickdraw for weapon readiness.

jumper is definitely the way to go though.

I forgot about the quickdraw. Maybe it's placebo, and I really am not a fan of blink because of the dumb cooldown, but I've always found the Warlock's blink can cover greater distance compared to the Hunter. Again, I rarely use it, so that's why I placed both so low.

Oh sure, I've done that before. The ski jump part threw me off.

More like mini ski jumping. Nothing like Tribes lol.

Anybody interested in a fresh Hard Mode Vault of Glass run? Still need vision of confluence and praetorian foil and haven't done a run with my lock so need armor set yet as well. On PS4, Jeeves87.

1. Jeeves87 - 33 Warlock
I think vision of Confluence is a normal mode drop, unless it can drop on both. Not sure about the foil.

P44

That's it.

I've cracked.

I now devote my life to the art of gittin' gud.

Switched my pad over to bumper jumper, equipped my last word and stuck catapult on. 1+-ish kd is no longer good enough.

Lord Shaxx, my soul is yours.

Fucking fucking fucking trials.

(EDIT: I love trials its made pvp actually worth getting good at with the competetive format)

I forgot about the quickdraw. Maybe it's placebo, and I really am not a fan of blink because of the dumb cooldown, but I've always found the Warlock's blink can cover greater distance compared to the Hunter. Again, I rarely use it, so that's why I placed both so low.

More like mini ski jumping. Nothing like Tribes lol.

you're generally right though. hunter jump is the best if you're using a hand cannon (the last word in particular). if you aren't, then there's no reason for you to be jumping all over the place anyway.

Jeevez

I think vision of Confluence is a normal mode drop, unless it can drop on both. Not sure about the foil.

I think you're right about vision but I'm pretty sure foil is just on hard mode, could try to blast through a normal mode too but figured most people would want hard mode for the challenge. Haven't done a good ole VOG run in a while..

welp farmed exclusion zone for 20 mintues

then i realized i could just cash in shards with the speaker to make bank

but now i'm out of weapon parts again so i have to go ALL THE WAY TO THE REEF and buy fusion rifles so i can get weapon parts

and then i have to use shards to get glimmer again since i'll be broke

AND THEN I'LL BE OUT OF SHARDS

all this for one blasted sniper that probably wont even be better than my stock LDR

What's the God roll for Low Grade Humility? Hand Laid, I'm guessing? I keep getting shoot to loot and that seems like a lame perk, but maybe I'm wrong. I am, sometimes, short on special ammo in PvP.

Played a lot of crucible today and got this to drop for me. Along with Matador, Ill Will and some

I think it's something like short gaze, hh, injection molding, unflinching. Mine has the first two, and some tier two middle row perks... snap shot and hand laid, I think there is another quick aim perk that may be a high tier two. Anything other than unflinching in the third would mostly be settling.

Edit: listen to zoba, not me.

Edit 2: I may have performance bonus as the last perk. I guess it's clown but only after a kill. I wonder if the proc rate is better since I have to work for it.

shortgaze
hidden hand/clown cartridge
injection mold/hand laid stock
unflinching

you're generally right though. hunter jump is the best if you're using a hand cannon (the last word in particular). if you aren't, then there's no reason for you to be jumping all over the place anyway.

Ack, I can't get the hang of Last Word at all. I'm partial to Thorn's range and cheap ass burn tactics :p

I've been using solely Hand Cannons since I got my first drop in the beta. I guess my play style is more suited to Warlock than anything, which is weird, because I have never really settle on a build I absolutely love and am always changing things around.

Because after 20 hours of ToO this weekend I want a package > 4 wins and I want those boots because they have heavy ammo and will get my Warlock to L34 (and I think theyre intel/disc)

Someone told him already, right?

22 attempts this weekend for 5 wins all fell short. Over 21 hours, literally all day today. Take care everyone. I'll be back at Comet, maybe.

And not even 1 invite :( Don't put so much pressure on yourself guy. Plus we got IB this week.

down 2 orth

fcEP2Xm.jpg

Would this be a viable alternative to Hawkmoon (cuz I don't have that yet)?

Comes with Final Round, Smallbore, Luck in the Chamber.

Anybody interested in some ToO? I was on earlier in the afternoon and didn't fair too well...

Edit: I'm curious to see what the evening will bring.

P44

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody would be up for general crucible in the week? Might be nicer to have company on the mic.

SonComet

shortgaze
hidden hand/clown cartridge
injection mold/hand laid stock
unflinching
After watching you snipe on your stream I spent 100s of motes and weapon parts rolling a low grade humility. Got ambush, hidden hand, hand laid stock, unflinching. I've never sniped in PVP before. But I'm going to give it a shot. I don't have the resources to try for shortgaze :(.

There's no way Bungie balanced the Qodeos fight. Without a Titan, it is significantly harder than Urrox.

Urrox could reasonably be taken down with 3x 33's, but Qodros is a slog with 3x34s.

Not fun, not worth it.

Warlock glide just feels unresponsive and slow compared to the Titan lift with directional control

Because the jump is terrible if you keep it activated too long. It doesn't work well as a Titan lift replacement. Better to go in straight lines with focused burst - the faster the second tap after the first, the greater the angle of the jump, the more vertical you'll go versus forward. The slower the second tap after the first, the lower the angle, and the more horizontal the jump. Third tap deactivates the glide while preserving forward momentum. If you keep it activate you just float around like you're in molasses and that's where people go wrong with it. It'll give you the greatest airtime, though, which is useful in a few circumstances like Urrox little lava floor attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom