• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 174 ... still no Hunger.

Dear Bungie. Please. Think about all the Crota's I slayed. Think about those poor Gatekeepers that only serve as a way to warm up my Gjallarhorn. Think about poor ol' Ir Yut trying to keep me away from her boss.

Think about it. Please. Just drop my Hunger of Crota (preffer 3 times) and I will leave the Hive alone. Untill then;

f331bae8a8374aba84dc2fd7c931c57bb9f53d880bdb9eda432f0493ddd0977a.jpg
Asking for 3 you greedy bastard? Shit I just want ONE black hammer.

Just one....

...just one...

One....

One......

..........one
Doing the Thorn bounty with Atheon's Epilogue as my only void primary is damn near impossible. Maybe I should just ignore it and start running hard crota again until I get word of crota : /
You can definitely get it done with Atheon's Epilogue as your primary, it just depends on what mode you're playing and how comfortable you are with the maps. I only played control and I would leave the match if a map came up that I didn't like. What void secondary and heavy are you using?

Yeah, I did mine with Word. Made it pretty easy. I put off the bounty for months, then got it done in a weekend with Word. It's not a great gun, but good enough to get the bounty done.

I think I will do the same. I wanted to get the Thorn and level it up for ToO but I think I will just make do with TLW which is almost levelled.

Funnily enough I have actually done the Thorn bounty on PS4 with just Atheons Epilogue, but holy shit it took a long time and a tonne of frustration. Can't go through that again lol.

You can definitely get it done with Atheon's Epilogue as your primary, it just depends on what mode you're playing and how comfortable you are with the maps. I only played control and I would leave the match if a map came up that I didn't like. What void secondary and heavy are you using?

I think the impact is just too low, I can't win many fights, certainly can't get a streak going(could also be that I am average at fps on consoles). Low grade humility sniper and dreamwaker heavy.

Siaynoqq

One of my buddies and I decided to just play some crucible all night tonight. After the anxiety and stress that comes with trials, playing matches that didn't have much weight felt so freeing. We were having a blast. In many ways, felt better than achieving flawless on all three characters this weekend.

I love this game so much sometimes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
One of my buddies and I decided to just play some crucible all night tonight. After the anxiety and stress that comes with trials, playing matches that didn't have much weight felt so freeing. We were having a blast. In many ways, felt better than achieving flawless on all three characters this weekend.

I love this game so much sometimes.
I felt the exact same way. My usual guys ended up joining me playing Control and Skirmish tonight, and the mood was so much lighter than when doing Trials.

noomi

This AP is A-mazing!!! Using it for the last month, it saved me soooo much trouble. Can not it recoomend enough! <3

Oh yeah this app is by far the best way to transfer your fear that I have seen. Love it. Posted about it just above your post too noomi!

Yup! The author also recently updated the app, which now allows you to transfer gear right into the vault, adds emblem/source icons of where the gear is located, and even lets you customize what you want to see and not see :D

Can't recommend it to people enough!

I also tried the tower ghost app, but it was very slow for me.

Siaynoqq

I felt the exact same way. My usual guys ended up joining me playing Control and Skirmish tonight, and the mood was so much lighter than when doing Trials.

Yup. We were planning on playing a few matches and it turned into 5 hours of us just going from one mode to the next.

E92 M3

Morning!

I think the best comparison of trials I can think of is Gears of War execution mode. It was always so intense and allowed for clutch plays. Of course the correlation is not exact, but orb management is somewhat similar to make sure downed enemies don't get revived.

ocean

Banned
I think I will do the same. I wanted to get the Thorn and level it up for ToO but I think I will just make do with TLW which is almost levelled.

Funnily enough I have actually done the Thorn bounty on PS4 with just Atheons Epilogue, but holy shit it took a long time and a tonne of frustration. Can't go through that again lol.

I think the impact is just too low, I can't win many fights, certainly can't get a streak going(could also be that I am average at fps on consoles). Low grade humility sniper and dreamwaker heavy.
It's not bad with a Warlock. Voidwalkers have great grenades, a nasty melee and a killer Super which all count as void kills. Get yourself a nice void shotgun (re roll away) or sniper or Fusion and you should get it quickly.

You'll get a lot more kills with a machine gun than a rocket launcher, though you'll have to be a bit more careful and work a little more. And you can't just get into straight up fights with Atheon's Epilogue. You kinda just have to tag along with your teammates and try to get in on some of their kills or attack people from behind while they're distracted in some other fight. That's why I only played control because I knew where most of the fighting was gonna be and I knew which angles to attack from. I always hung back and picked my spots very carefully. I think I got it done in 2 or 3 hours.

shermas

Doing the Thorn bounty with Atheon's Epilogue as my only void primary is damn near impossible. Maybe I should just ignore it and start running hard crota again until I get word of crota : /

I had to use the swordbreaker and WoC. I tried with AE for a while, but it really just tickled everyone... if you've got Truth, that's usually got a few kills each round if you can snag the heavy ammo.

PuMa

I also tried the tower ghost app, but it was very slow for me.

Tower Ghost app has been amazing for me (android)! I don't have a PC in front of me when I'm gaming, so the Chrome app isn't really an option. It's very convenient to do everything from my phone for me.

My mate lost his fully leveled Red Death when transfering using the offical app last night :(

Edit: ignore he just found it, sent it to wrong character the nob head.

Shit, must be PAL PSN in general. Just checked a site that deals with downed services and there's over 2000 reports of PSN being down in NZ alone.

I was playing destiny earlier this morning and it was laggy and got kicked out three times. that was 4 hours ago. something up..hope its not another DDOS

black stig

Neo Member
Yeah. Three! Last couple of weeks I asked for 1 ... didn't work. So screw it! I'm going full retard.

Same here. I have a silly number of Crota clears and still no BH. I have a Song, Light, Swordbreaker, and three of everything else, but no Hammer.

When I say 3 of everything, I junked spare Abyss and Oversouls yesterday, mainly as I was finding Tower Ghost so easy to use. Duplicate Word's are probably next, although I was thinking about keeping a Void primary on each toon.

There's a list of core weapons I'd find it hard not to have 3 of...

Gjallarhorn
Fatebringer
Fang
Icebreaker
VoC (only have 2)

And a few more that it would hurt to shard, but might get bounced around characters

Hawkmoon (!)
Hunger of Crota
Thorn (deleted my third bounty yesterday)

2 tries later today for an elusive Hammer. Wish me RNG blessings!

PuMa

ToO has got me pumped for this upcoming Iron Banner. It's going to seem like a cake walk. I smell some GAF IB trains incoming!

bosseye

Sooooo, that guy in my regular fireteam who has 2 Gjallahorns and 2 Hwakmoons (while the rest of us have neither)......

He just got his third Gjallahorn.

From the Prison of Elders

Level 28.

y-u-no_2403075.jpg

PuMa

Service Alert from Bungie.net: "We are actively investigating issues impacting players' ability to sign in to Destiny on all platforms. Until resolved, players may experience disconnects or be unable to sign in."

Lnkn52

So this weekend's Trials is almost behind us. Over 100 people have signed up for the ToO 1st timers list and from that number, 26 have reached Mercury! This has been a bumpy road but I like to thank once again Unstable, Zoba, EjRobinson, Tears of Blood, WizzNARD and the rest of the GAF community for helping each other.

So what's in store for next week? I'm not really sure. The list will still be intact for anyone to view. This week really tested the volunteers and it's becoming obvious that the better you can carry your own weight through the trails, the better are your chances of reaching Mercury (Unless you're on a Unstable and Zoba train). So keep practicing Guardians and we hope that next week's map is alot better than the Pantheon. If the volunteers or new ones are up for it again next week, we will you guys/gals updated.

noomi

Service Alert from Bungie.net: "We are actively investigating issues impacting players' ability to sign in to Destiny on all platforms. Until resolved, players may experience disconnects or be unable to sign in."

Hmmm, so basically don't start any NF, ToO or PoE or you might get DC's and lose progress.

Dayum just got ill will HC from crucible. The impact on this thing is nearly maxed >.>

Her Mercy of ill will...hmmmm

Any other good legendary HC's? I know about fatebringer but I'm not lucky enough to have that yet :(

To any Xbox One players lurking, my clan is recruiting. We played together a lot during the Vault of Glass and then many of us took a break shortly after the release of The Dark Below. We're back now however and recruiting more members to have a large pool to do various end-game content. Nightfall, PoE, ToO, VoG, CE, etc. Request permission to join at the link below. We'll be happy to have you.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuck.

Wonder if this is due to some salty assholes who might have gotten banned from Destiny for all of last weeks lag switching during Trials.

PuMa

Dayum just got ill will HC from crucible. The impact on this thing is nearly maxed >.>

Her Mercy of ill will...hmmmm

Any other good legendary HC's? I know about fatebringer but I'm not lucky enough to have that yet :(

Ill Will is good. It's basically a copy of Timur's Lash. Her Mercy is good as well, but different. Whichever better fits your play style.

So this weekend's Trials is almost behind us. Over 100 people have signed up for the ToO 1st timers list and from that number, 26 have reached Mercury! This has been a bumpy road but I like to thank once again Unstable, Zoba, EjRobinson, Tears of Blood, WizzNARD and the rest of the GAF community for helping each other.

So what's in store for next week? I'm not really sure. The list will still be intact for anyone to view. This week really tested the volunteers and it's becoming obvious that the better you can carry your own weight through the trails, the better are your chances of reaching Mercury (Unless you're on a Unstable and Zoba train). So keep practicing Guardians and we hope that next week's map is alot better than the Pantheon. If the volunteers or new ones are up for it again next week, we will you guys/gals updated.

It´s so great that you guys are there to help out. amazing job guys. Love watching the streams.

Thankfully I could reach Murcury with my 2 buddies last night, it was a breeze and almost did it again on the ticket after. I loved the Pantheon map for some reason. why is there so many hating on that map?

I have to say that the more I played on Pantheon, the more I started to like it. I always avoid the long sniper lanes and final round trade-offs.

Shito

Secondly, I wish the progression was slower. This isn't a common or likable opinion, especially here I think, but they're handing out etheric light in way too many places way too fast.
As someone who still has to see an etheric light yet... I agree with you.
People can't restrain themselves, and if given the opportunity to will do all that they can to be 34 on day 1 or 2, as we saw. If it were me, PoE would have required their respective levels to enter them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom