• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'awww. My partner is sick of my Destiny talk! Not jealous. No. Not at all.

Hehe I always have a mic and feel like such an idiot when nobody else does.

"Hello? Hello? Hello? Argh! Sorry. Thanks for the revive!"

I always have mine on but I only really do callouts or call for revives if it's with randoms.
It's a change from 12 year old me talking shit to people on Gears of War :p

noomi

Thanks! Yeah it seems Loadouts is a better designed and native iOS app whereas Tower a Ghost is just a ported web app or something.

Yep, I think tower ghost is great as a chrome extension, but the same system doesn't really translate well into iOS. It's just a webapp, maybe in the future they will do something better.

Loadouts, it all the way an app though :)

Got a question regarding that Chrome extension app for loadouts.

How safe is it?

They are asking for PSN id and password...

It's safe, you are still loggin in through PSN.... They only store the login cookie so you can do your moving/transfering around.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I told you last time we spoke that I'm only 40 mins away from Manchester. :p

Edit: We've even got two scousers in here, BlazeUK and ScouseFury. I've never met them though.

I'm so sorry :-/ I remembered you were a nice person, if that helps!

Pookmunki is too.

Yep, I think tower ghost is great as a chrome extension, but the same system doesn't really translate well into iOS. It's just a webapp, maybe in the future they will do something better.

Loadouts, it all the way an app though :)

It's safe, you are still loggin in through PSN.... They only store the login cookie so you can do your moving/transfering around.

ok so its not possible for them to go into my PSN account and get creditcard details or even delete all my gear on my destiny account?

So here is Kor's experiences from the weekend.

Because I know you all care deeply about my thoughts and opinions.

Trails of Osiris was not as fun this week. For a multitude of reasons, but they all related to the map itself. There were only two real options for paths to take at the beginning. Top and Mid.

We won at least 8 rounds (3 against the same team) where the enemy team just hung out at their initial spawn point. We just sat in the middle and waiting for the cap, which we got uncontested each time. I have no idea if this was a strategy or fear.

No one ever went low, except for the heavy round.

Got the Arc Pulse Rifle from Mercury. I actually like it a lot. It may dethrone my Fang as my Primary Arc weapon.

Yesterday a group of 3 of us took on Skolas. We killed him twice, yet both times the mines bugged out and killed us anyway. This was incredibly frustrating. I watched as I dismantled the last mine with 11 seconds remaining, only to see the screen go red and Variks start yelling at us. This was so disheartening. Especially because it happened TWICE!

Bittersweet ending at least, since myself and another at least got the Elder Cipher from the first Skolas kill. We still never saw the treasure chest at the end because of it. 3 hours and 30 minutes invested. I mentioned this is the podcast, but the difficulty spike in this encounter is insane and really needs to be reworked.

I'm taking the Sidearm from the Elder Cipher. Hopefully it doesn't take too many keys to get it. I've only got 3 currently and am not in the mood to farm for more.

I'm sure I've got more to talk about but thats it for now.

Is the First Light map not in the Control Crucible playlist anymore? How do I complete my Grimoire now?

It should still be there, but since the Dark Below maps are now free for everyone (and seem to have extra weighting) the chances for it are reduced

No. It has been removed from Control. It was part of a patch shortly before Dark Below.

They moved First Light and Bastion into the Combined Arms playlist only, which now also has Skywatch in it.

nOoblet16

Wow, didn't know there would be a new set of IB gear?

Damn, guess I'm not getting away from Crucible any time soon...
Destiny...
MgihvCO.gif

Bladelaw

It looks like I'm going to have to Armor Core/Iron Banner my way to 34 barring a Trials carry. Ran ToO with my PoE fireteam 6 times last night. Went 0-3 all 6 times.

On the bright side normal crucible is a cakewalk at the moment. Went 10-1 on control the same day. I'm hoping Iron Banner won't be as brutal as Trials. I need that Ethereal Light. It's 1 at rank 3 and one at rank 5 right? That would do it.

noomi

ok so its not possible for them to go into my PSN account and get creditcard details or even delete all my gear on my destiny account?

Well to be completely honest.... yes they probably could, if they wanted to capture that info.... but I really doubt that they ever would do something like this. They would be in tremendous trouble for it, and because of how known the app is, it would be a very stupid and risky move on their part that would most likely result really bad consequences.

You are safe :)

Homeboyd

I'm trying to use tower ghost to help manage my inventory, but it wants to automatically swap stuff out. Is there any way to turn that off?
If you move something that you have equipped, it needs to replace it with something else already on that character so that there isn't a blank slot left. Just unequip it before moving, though I actually like that it replaces the gear I'm moving. I think it opts for the lowest leveled item in that slot.

If you move something that you have equipped, it needs to replace it with something else already on that character so that there isn't a blank slot left. Just unequip it before moving, though I actually like that it replaces the gear I'm moving. I think it opts for the lowest leveled item in that slot.

Ah...They're being swapped within the character. I thought it was swapping TLW from my Titan with the FB on my Hunter. That makes more sense.

Getting close, so:

OT23◇|A House Divided
OT23◇|Nobody Saw That
OT23◇|Mercury or Bust

What's "Nobody Saw That" referencing? I don't get it. I also remember something that replaced Mercy with Mercury that I thought was funny, but I can't remember the whole thing.

Kyne

So here is Kor's experiences from the weekend.

Because I know you all care deeply about my thoughts and opinions.

Trails of Osiris was not as fun this week. For a multitude of reasons, but they all related to the map itself. There were only two real options for paths to take at the beginning. Top and Mid.

We won at least 8 rounds (3 against the same team) where the enemy team just hung out at their initial spawn point. We just sat in the middle and waiting for the cap, which we got uncontested each time. I have no idea if this was a strategy or fear.

No one ever went low, except for the heavy round.

Got the Arc Pulse Rifle from Mercury. I actually like it a lot. It may dethrone my Fang as my Primary Arc weapon.

Yesterday a group of 3 of us took on Skolas. We killed him twice, yet both times the mines bugged out and killed us anyway. This was incredibly frustrating. I watched as I dismantled the last mine with 11 seconds remaining, only to see the screen go red and Variks start yelling at us. This was so disheartening. Especially because it happened TWICE!

Bittersweet ending at least, since myself and another at least got the Elder Cipher from the first Skolas kill. We still never saw the treasure chest at the end because of it. 3 hours and 30 minutes invested. I mentioned this is the podcast, but the difficulty spike in this encounter is insane and really needs to be reworked.

I'm taking the Sidearm from the Elder Cipher. Hopefully it doesn't take too many keys to get it. I've only got 3 currently and am not in the mood to farm for more.

I'm sure I've got more to talk about but thats it for now.

Chiming in a bit here. Hawkian+my significant other and I kept going bottom on all our matches. It worked out really well. We're all bad at sniping and it forced them into cqc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom